Here we go guys,
1. Download the Gingerbread zip here: X10i_Official_GB_Rooted_006.zip
2. Put it on your SD Card, boot into recovery, and flash it.
4. DO NOT REBOOT FROM RECOVERY, pull your battery out
5. Fire up FlashTool and flash this: X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_Baseband and Kernel Update.ftf
6. Turn your rooted, zipaligned, and busyboxed Gingerbread X10 on.
NOTICE: I've only done very preliminary testing on this, and don't know what bugs you'll run into, but I can say that the permissions are all set (manually AND by script at install-time) and it's much smoother than the original release.
My phone is so bricked,it just sits on the sony ericsson logo.
Fashtool wont recogniseit,neither will sony companion, etc etc.
I've tried them all.
Please help, or if its beyond repair,let me know and I'll throw it away.
Feralabs rom is maybe to blame, his links and instructions are often not written clearly or out of date.
Why are you blaming Fera? before you installed any custom rom the developers gives a warning that before flashing rom you do it at your own risk. Or if its not clearly written you should ask someone or go to discussion thread. Don't blame anyone especially the developers who are doing their best to keep our device alive.
1. He shouldn't give conflicting information,
2. or links to softwares that dont support my device (SEUS)
3. or if he DEMANDS that no-one mirror his links, he should at least keep them alive. I even donated $1 just to send him a message, it's the only way to contact him.. no reply as yet.
4. I coudnt post a question in the rom thread as I was a noob and this place has utterly ridiculous security measures.
5. I heard it was practically impossible to brick this phone... so what did I have to loose?
I hope now you understand why im dissapointed.
As I say, if anyone can help get my phone at least back to normal, I'll pay them
i dont want u to pay.. just want u to kno that its actually easy working with our device X10.. just u got little hasty..
anyway.. did u try sony pc companion to repair ur device?? or did u try sony update service?? if ur phone is not recognised its becose of usb drivers corrupted nd u need to install x10 usb drivers again nd that u wil get by google search or in xda also.
thats really easy..and after repairing ur device back to normal, download flashtool 0.9.11.0 nd u can make it root nd unlock the bootloader nd then only try installing custom kernel nd roms nd even use fera roms.. nd please dont blame him.. if u look at his works its beyond imagination of wat he is doin.. he is crazy working with kernels nd roms nd thats y many of us still using this device.. otherwise v shud hav used this to throw at stray dogs!
so in discussion thread v all r ready to help.. also view youtube videos of installations .
I've tried pc companion,plus about 5 others softwares, none work.
I can't access the device anyway as it sys I need to mount usb storage, and I cant use the phone.
Even the 'forced' repair methods dont work,and actually even crash my computer now.
I tried to download drivers and got a load of .dll files.
I can't work with them, it's far to complicated.
How do I replace my possibly corrupt drivers with fresh ones?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|