Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Elocity A7+ Accessories Rollup

Tip us?

smnc
Old
(Last edited by smnc; 2nd May 2012 at 04:31 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Elocity A7+ Accessories Rollup

Hi,
So I've been doing some research into kit-ing up my new A7+ and I thought I'd make a thread to hold all my findings.
I would also like to invite all of you to post anything you'd like to share and I'll be sure to add it to my post.

Sent from "Mighty Mouse", my Elocity A7+
Devices:
--------
Sony Xperia ION "The PDA" (Quad-Band UMTS, 1.5Ghz Qualcomm 8260, Stock Jelly Bean) - my main brain

Alcatel OT-909s "The Phone" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Stock Gingerbread) - down for repairs

Alcatel OT-981a "The Backup" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Idontknow186's Gingerbread ROM) - my main phone

Motorola Spice XT300 "The Project" (Dual Band UMTS 528Mhz Qualcomm 7225, Modded stock Eclair) - WIP

smnc
Old
(Last edited by smnc; 2nd May 2012 at 04:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Protection: Cases, Screen Protectors and Skins

So, the first order of business would be a screen protector.

The one I've ordered is here:
http://www.nushield.com/index.php
It's a custom fit and sounds good. I will post a review when it arrives.

Next a case seems prudent.
It appears that the PCBK-A7 which was given away with the A7/A7+ bonus kits is the only custom case around for the Elocity tablets.
This is the cheapest price I've found so far:
http://www.thenerds.net/STREAMTV_NETWORKS.TAB_Black_Leather_Like_Case_For_ A7_Series_Tablets.PCBKA7.html
I've ordered one and I will let you all know how it goes.

I'm looking in to options for a full body skin.

Devices:
--------
Sony Xperia ION "The PDA" (Quad-Band UMTS, 1.5Ghz Qualcomm 8260, Stock Jelly Bean) - my main brain

Alcatel OT-909s "The Phone" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Stock Gingerbread) - down for repairs

Alcatel OT-981a "The Backup" (Dual Band UMTS, 600Mhz Qualcomm 7227, Idontknow186's Gingerbread ROM) - my main phone

Motorola Spice XT300 "The Project" (Dual Band UMTS 528Mhz Qualcomm 7225, Modded stock Eclair) - WIP

smnc
Old
(Last edited by smnc; 2nd May 2012 at 05:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Default Power Accessories

So, the battery life seems decent so far but who's happy with decent?

First, power adapters.
So the news appears good. The A7+ (and I assume the original A7) seem to use a standard 19v notebook power source. Not quite as good as USB, but still, virtually ANY universal notebook power supply should work.
I'm using a KROSS brand adapter personally.

Second, external batteries.
Same story as the power supplies, any universal notebook external battery should work.
I'm personally using an iRecharge by Cellboost. The nice thing is that it uses the same adapter tips as the KROSS power adapter I'm using. Very convienient when I'm on the road.

Lastly, car adapters.
I don't have one yet, but I'm checking.
This one appears to use the same tips as my current A/C brick and battery:
http://www.adapt-mobile.com/multimedia/product/view/adapt_mx_universal_netbook_laptop_car_charger_with _adjustable_voltage

Devices:
--------

smnc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Reserved for additional information

Devices:
--------

kellmandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's nice to see a part number for an actual case that is designed for the A7+. It is a little chunkier than other 7 inch tablets so it doesn't fit most standard cases made for 7 inch tablets. It is also kind of nice that it also takes the same charger as my dell mini 9 so I have chargers handy in 2 locations in the house.