Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Apps that can be deleted

OP Scheherez

13th May 2012, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there's a list of bloatware that can be deleted from the Galaxy S Player 5.0?

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 list, and I was wondering if there's a different list for us to get rid of crap ware that I'm not gonna use...

Thanks in advance!

Scheherez
13th May 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #2  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheherez

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there's a list of bloatware that can be deleted from the Galaxy S Player 5.0?

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 list, and I was wondering if there's a different list for us to get rid of crap ware that I'm not gonna use...

Thanks in advance!

Scheherez

What you could do is either...

A) Freeze the unnecessary apps using Titanium Backup PRO

B) Backup the apps you think you won't need, then store that backup somewhere and uninstall them with Titanium Backup. Then if it turns out you need them, you can easily put the backup in your restore folder and return it to it's normal state.

C) Anything you can uninstall with the OS is most certainly unnecessary.
13th May 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN

What you could do is either...

A) Freeze the unnecessary apps using Titanium Backup PRO

B) Backup the apps you think you won't need, then store that backup somewhere and uninstall them with Titanium Backup. Then if it turns out you need them, you can easily put the backup in your restore folder and return it to it's normal state.

C) Anything you can uninstall with the OS is most certainly unnecessary.

Not necessarily, if you delete some apps it causes others to Force Close and can make your system real glitchy.

To OP do this guys Option A) it is the best way to experiment with trying to see what is unneeded.
Last edited by daniel644; 13th May 2012 at 03:20 AM.
13th May 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #4  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel644

Not necessarily, if you delete some apps it causes others to Force Close and can make your system real glitchy.

To OP do this guys Option A) it is the best way to experiment with trying to see what is unneeded.

Er what I meant by Option C was apps that don't require a root or any special method to remove. But yeah, just freeze them for now and see what works. I posted a list of apps I've frozen so far in another thread about Free RAM, if you want to take a look through the forums.
14th May 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
108 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Question
Thanks, I'll check it out! There are a lot of samsung apps that I just wanna get rid of permanently! I'll freeze them first, then delete them as I don't need them.

Is there a vanilla version of Android Gingerbread for the Galaxy S Player 5.0 International? WITHOUT the bloat?
14th May 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28
 
373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Will 'freezing' with Titanium Backup persist after a reboot? If yes, wouldn't we run into the risk of 'freezing it now works' but 'freezing on reboot doesn't'?
Thanks!
14th May 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #7  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider

Will 'freezing' with Titanium Backup persist after a reboot? If yes, wouldn't we run into the risk of 'freezing it now works' but 'freezing on reboot doesn't'?
Thanks!

Yes it does persist after a reboot.. and I've frozen almost every app and had no issues. The OS will still continue to function just fine.
15th May 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280
 
850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN

Yes it does persist after a reboot.. and I've frozen almost every app and had no issues. The OS will still continue to function just fine.

off topic but man I want your internet connection.
15th May 2012, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel644

off topic but man I want your internet connection.

Off Topic - Heh, that is the library internet speed @ my university. My dorm caps out at around 15Mb/s - 20 Mb/s - Max when unthrottled.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes