Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps that can be deleted

Tip us?

Scheherez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Question Apps that can be deleted

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there's a list of bloatware that can be deleted from the Galaxy S Player 5.0?

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 list, and I was wondering if there's a different list for us to get rid of crap ware that I'm not gonna use...

Thanks in advance!

Scheherez

ZaIINN
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheherez View Post
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there's a list of bloatware that can be deleted from the Galaxy S Player 5.0?

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S2 list, and I was wondering if there's a different list for us to get rid of crap ware that I'm not gonna use...

Thanks in advance!

Scheherez
What you could do is either...

A) Freeze the unnecessary apps using Titanium Backup PRO

B) Backup the apps you think you won't need, then store that backup somewhere and uninstall them with Titanium Backup. Then if it turns out you need them, you can easily put the backup in your restore folder and return it to it's normal state.

C) Anything you can uninstall with the OS is most certainly unnecessary.
- Samsung Mythic (Awful dumbphone, but makes calls)

daniel644
Old
(Last edited by daniel644; 13th May 2012 at 02:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN View Post
What you could do is either...

A) Freeze the unnecessary apps using Titanium Backup PRO

B) Backup the apps you think you won't need, then store that backup somewhere and uninstall them with Titanium Backup. Then if it turns out you need them, you can easily put the backup in your restore folder and return it to it's normal state.

C) Anything you can uninstall with the OS is most certainly unnecessary.
Not necessarily, if you delete some apps it causes others to Force Close and can make your system real glitchy.

To OP do this guys Option A) it is the best way to experiment with trying to see what is unneeded.

ZaIINN
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel644 View Post
Not necessarily, if you delete some apps it causes others to Force Close and can make your system real glitchy.

To OP do this guys Option A) it is the best way to experiment with trying to see what is unneeded.
Er what I meant by Option C was apps that don't require a root or any special method to remove. But yeah, just freeze them for now and see what works. I posted a list of apps I've frozen so far in another thread about Free RAM, if you want to take a look through the forums.

Scheherez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks, I'll check it out! There are a lot of samsung apps that I just wanna get rid of permanently! I'll freeze them first, then delete them as I don't need them.

Is there a vanilla version of Android Gingerbread for the Galaxy S Player 5.0 International? WITHOUT the bloat?

testrider
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Will 'freezing' with Titanium Backup persist after a reboot? If yes, wouldn't we run into the risk of 'freezing it now works' but 'freezing on reboot doesn't'?
Thanks!

ZaIINN
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider View Post
Will 'freezing' with Titanium Backup persist after a reboot? If yes, wouldn't we run into the risk of 'freezing it now works' but 'freezing on reboot doesn't'?
Thanks!
Yes it does persist after a reboot.. and I've frozen almost every app and had no issues. The OS will still continue to function just fine.

daniel644
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN View Post
Yes it does persist after a reboot.. and I've frozen almost every app and had no issues. The OS will still continue to function just fine.
off topic but man I want your internet connection.

ZaIINN
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel644 View Post
off topic but man I want your internet connection.
Off Topic - Heh, that is the library internet speed @ my university. My dorm caps out at around 15Mb/s - 20 Mb/s - Max when unthrottled.