FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Phone randomly rebooting.

Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Backfire1337, Junior Member on 14th May 2012, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This has probably been posted before but im in a hurry and i can't go looking through threads.

My Galaxy randomly reboots, ill be sitting playing ps3 and i see it reboots itself. My friend says its a problem with my kernel, but if it is. How would i fix that? I only know how to flash roms and thats bout it.
 
 
14th May 2012, 12:47 AM |#2  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Do you have an sgs4g t959v? What rom r u on? Kernel?

-sent from my POS i897
no camera, no power button but at least I got miui lol
14th May 2012, 12:51 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Do you have an sgs4g t959v? What rom r u on? Kernel?

-sent from my POS i897
no camera, no power button but at least I got miui lol

Yes, Raver's unnamed rom, and not sure bout Kernel.
14th May 2012, 12:59 AM |#4  
Beastmode's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 7,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire1337

Yes, Raver's unnamed rom, and not sure bout Kernel.

Check under settings > about phone and where it says kernel but I'm sure ur on the roms kernel so just try flashing Anton's kernel its on dev thread and you flash it like u would a rom

-sent from my POS i897
no camera, no power button but at least I got miui lol
14th May 2012, 01:02 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikmm

Check under settings > about phone and where it says kernel but I'm sure ur on the roms kernel so just try flashing Anton's kernel its on dev thread and you flash it like u would a rom

-sent from my POS i897
no camera, no power button but at least I got miui lol

Ok Thanks
14th May 2012, 09:04 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire1337

Ok Thanks

I had the same problem. My phone would reboot once a day, at least. Usually, when I was asleep. I was using Val-Final. Since flashing AntonX's OC/UV kernel, I haven't had a single reboot.
5th June 2012, 04:07 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
hate to dredge up an aging topic, but my wife's t959v has started exhibiting undesirable behavior including momentary freezes while in use and random rebooting. it's running gingerbread kj6 rooted (from lumin30's guide here) with the following details:

firmware 2.3.6
baseband t959vuvkj6
kernel 2.6.35.7-t959vuvkj6-cl694130
build gingerbread.vuvkj6

now i'm infinitely more comfortable flashing kernels and the like with my htc sensation, mostly due to the fact that i don't need to mess around with kies/odin/heimdall. is that AntonX kernel fairly universally seen as a reboot fix? usually i'd dive in and just flash it, but last i heard, cwm restores don't work on the t959v, so i'm a bit wary.

thanks in advance all
5th June 2012, 04:18 PM |#8  
stephen_w's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101

is that AntonX kernel fairly universally seen as a reboot fix? usually i'd dive in and just flash it, but last i heard, cwm restores don't work on the t959v, so i'm a bit wary.

thanks in advance all

The CWM issue was fixed when bhundven started with CWM 5. It's the older version that had an issue. The newer version is in Bryan's & AntonX's kernels and should not be an issue as far as I know.

Flashing Anton's kernel will fix the random reboot issue assuming you're using one of the kernels that exhibited that behavior vs. something else going wrong with the phone. There's a link to it in my signature if you choose to use it.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to stephen_w For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2012, 05:49 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_w

The CWM issue was fixed when bhundven started with CWM 5. It's the older version that had an issue. The newer version is in Bryan's & AntonX's kernels and should not be an issue as far as I know.

Flashing Anton's kernel will fix the random reboot issue assuming you're using one of the kernels that exhibited that behavior vs. something else going wrong with the phone. There's a link to it in my signature if you choose to use it.

Good luck

awesome, great to hear about the newer CWM at the very least we've got two identical t959v phones (mine isn't rebooting randomly, but also isn't a daily use phone, natch) so i'll flash the new nifties on my "disposable" first. thanks much for your help!
5th June 2012, 05:53 PM |#10  
stephen_w's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 288
 
More
No worries. Let me know how it goes or if you need any help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes