5,598,980 Members 31,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Droid Incredible 2 - Verizon (UNLOCKED) - problems updating android system.

Tip us?

GerryF
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Droid Incredible 2 - Verizon (UNLOCKED) - problems updating android system.

Hello everyone I bought one of these phones, I am a newbie here so any information about this problem I am having will be greatly apreciated. I am a total newbie as to the OS and the nature of android phones so please be patient with your explanations and no jargon or abrevs for now until i learn

Basically when i try to update the android system it gives me a message saying Verizon wireless unavailable and doesnt give me any other options to download or update via my current wireless connection at home.

I am currently at 2.3.4 and with to update to higher (ice cream sandwich if possible)

Please, anyone tell me what I need to do.

The seller pointed me in this direction and said I would find the answers here , something about the OS.

What do I do?

tylerlawhon
Old
Thanks Meter 959

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryF View Post
Hello everyone I bought one of these phones, I am a newbie here so any information about this problem I am having will be greatly apreciated. I am a total newbie as to the OS and the nature of android phones so please be patient with your explanations and no jargon or abrevs for now until i learn

Basically when i try to update the android system it gives me a message saying Verizon wireless unavailable and doesnt give me any other options to download or update via my current wireless connection at home.

I am currently at 2.3.4 and with to update to higher (ice cream sandwich if possible)

Please, anyone tell me what I need to do.

The seller pointed me in this direction and said I would find the answers here , something about the OS.

What do I do?
Well, you're not gonna get any updated firmware which is what requesting an update would be looking for. The reason is there hasn't been an update released yet.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to tylerlawhon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brymaster5000
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1110

DONATE TO ME
But hopefully it will come soon! If you are unlocked, you should check out some other threads for almost fully functional ICS ROMs.

Sent from my Droid.

TEAM ECLIPTIC
Kernel Developer

Like my work? Consider donating to my new phone fund...wouldn't mind deving for the m8.

Devices:
HTC One vzw
Incredible 2 = retired
Nook Color
The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GerryF
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys for your replies.
I will look further into the ICS ROMS as suggested.
Cheers!