Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,194 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tips & Tricks] Battery Power Saving on Samsung Infuse

Tip us?

juvi77
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbee213 View Post
Did you go back to touchwiz? Or some other launcher? I have tried about 12 launchers and tsf shell seems to have style, function, and is not too taxing on the battery...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
Yup. Thats all I did at the moment since I have't had a lot of time to mess around with trying out other launchers. I was also told to try uninstalling Go Launcher and then reinstalling it from the market. Haven't tried that out yet but may give it a whirl this weekend. I would try tsf shell but I'm not looking to spend $16.00 on a launcher just yet.

kirbee213
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by juvi77 View Post
Yup. Thats all I did at the moment since I have't had a lot of time to mess around with trying out other launchers. I was also told to try uninstalling Go Launcher and then reinstalling it from the market. Haven't tried that out yet but may give it a whirl this weekend. I would try tsf shell but I'm not looking to spend $16.00 on a launcher just yet.
I would say wait on the tsf for a few more versions when they release the customization options. Right now there are not many Widgets, and no resize. But after that, 16 bucks ain't bad when you think about it. How much did your last legit CD cost from the music store or iTunes? Or last month's Netflix bill... and none of them really helped your phone.

MaliciousIntent69
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Following some of this guide and tweaking a few settings myself, I've been getting a good 2 to 2 1/2 days of battery time from fully charged to 1%. Running Zeus Build 6 with the ICS theme. Good stuff

p133
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Handy information

Thanks for taking the time to do a write up on this. I already do most of these things but I do appreciate you taking the time to share your information/experience. Kudos!

nman123
Old
Thanks Meter 67
2x battery saver app from the market helps alot it closes wifi and 3g auto

eghoti1
Old
(Last edited by eghoti1; 1st May 2012 at 06:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
I had an Infuse when it first came out, loved it but the battery life was killing me. I couldn't get through 6 hours with barely any use even with a custom kernel. I switched to the Note when that dropped. I now have another Infuse as my backup phone because I love the feel and design (squared corners) but still found battery life to suck. However, I did 2 specific things from this list and I noticed a HUGE difference, too bad this wasn't around at first. The two that helped me where to freeze all the AT&T bloatware (minus the hotspot locator I need) and use wifi when possible. My battery usage is now on par with my Note, maybe better which is amazing. Seems like AT&T bloatware is a big culprit with battery usage. 4G is a killer but we already knew that, just not to the extent the Infuse shows.
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
ROM: Stock/Rooted

Motorola Atrix 4G & Lapdock

Samsung Nexus S i9020a
Stock 4.0/Rooted

Verizon Samsung i800 Galaxy Tab

Past Phones:
[*]Samsung Skyrocket LTE
[*]Samsung Infuse 4G
[*]Dell Streak 5
[*]T-Mobile HTC HD2
[*]HTC Tilt 2
[*]HTC Advantage x7501
[*]HTC Dream White
[*]T-Mobile MyTouch3G
[*]HTC P4600 Fuze
[*]HTC Dream
[*]HTC P4300 Wizard Unlocked
[*]HTC Wizard T-Mobile MDA Unlocked

cacattack21
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The one thing I have never had an issue with is the battery life on the Infuse and I leave wifi, gps, auto-sync and all the stuff you need to use a phone when you want to use your phone on. I get 20-30 hours all the time and use the phone all the time.

Ty113096
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Im going to go freeze my bloatware now see if it helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 24232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty113096 View Post
Im going to go freeze my bloatware now see if it helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA
did you install your stock root from here, because it has a cwm flash-able file that will del all the bloatware...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1629079

post #2 is great I have used it before...
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Texcowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacattack21 View Post
The one thing I have never had an issue with is the battery life on the Infuse and I leave wifi, gps, auto-sync and all the stuff you need to use a phone when you want to use your phone on. I get 20-30 hours all the time and use the phone all the time.
How are you running everything all the time and pulling that much battery out of the infuse. It's almost impossible. WIFI on 24/7 is never idle same with GPS. They are always searching for a signal or connection there for draining your battery. Please explain in detail the steps you have taken to be able to run everything 24/7 and obtain that kind of battery life.

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.
AEON V 1.4

Main Phone:
Samsung G S4:Rooted
Kernel: Stock
Modem: Stock

Other Phones:

Infuse 4G Running:AEON v1.4
Kernel: ENTROPYS DD
Modem: UCLB3

G S2 Skyrocket Running:EMBRYO v3.2
Kernel: UCLE2
Modem: UCLE2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texcowboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]