Which phone will become the HD2 successor? (dev love)

15th May 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 53

417 posts
More
shattered screen
Someone accidentally made my HD2 drop and shattered the screen with a sofa smashing her against the wall. I was quoted $150 US by ubreakifix to replace the screen. I can't wait to get if fixed even though the HTC One S is $200 plus $20/month for 20 months. Yes the One S sports modern specs but it is not as gorgeous as the HD2.

I borrowed my daughter's HD2 and gave her the iPhone 3GS. She was not happy. Even though she is not using a data plan.

I want a Windows Phone which hackers can tweak to run Android. But nothing less than the HTC HD2.

Windows Phone 8 is a long way.
15th May 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #22  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 54

555 posts
More
Ouch that must suck but at least you had an extra HD2 around.

And on to topic of what will be the next HD2... well a phone like that isn't made it's chosen by the community
15th May 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #23  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 211

2,844 posts
More
Likely none, Android fans are too far up android's ass to admit that android has flaws and it's the only one open enough to build on like that.
15th May 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 73

407 posts
I loved my HD2 so much. But the Galaxy S phones spoiled me. Now, my phones are dictated strictly by what audio chip's inside as I use my phone mainly as my music player. Back then, HD2 audio was good, but Voodoo just made everything sound better. I would love to go back to HTC as they just make it work and work well: but I hate Beats audio with a passion. Whoever thought that was a good idea up in HTC-land should be ejected into a garbage dump.

With Samsung products: there's always a problem or two somewhere. Either a wonky GPS, or the AMOLED screen is just off. But my HD2: everything just worked, and it worked well. I really hope HTC gets back into the game and drops Beats and goes for a quality audio solution. AFAIK: HTC and Motorola makes the best GPS antennas in the business: except HTC has better/quieter haptic feedback and an unlocked bootloader: I remember my Defy with nothing but headaches because of the locked bootloader.

I'm looking forward to the Galaxy S3 because of the fact it's got all the things that work alongside a Wolfson DAC. But if HTC ever comes onboard again: I'd dump Samsung in a heartbeat. Hell, less than that. I'd dump Samsung faster than the decay of a Boson particle if HTC dumps Beats Audio for Wolfson DAC. One thing that always stood out for me with the HD2 was PHYSICAL BUTTONS! Gawd, those felt great to use.
Last edited by alpha-niner64; 15th May 2012 at 03:13 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development, hd2, successor
Previous Thread Next Thread