5,598,086 Members 41,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XDAndroid] Gingerbread for Whitestone/Imagio Release 1 09/05/2012

Tip us?

untitled_one
Old
(Last edited by untitled_one; 15th May 2012 at 08:50 AM.) Reason: Adding link
Thanks Meter 3
Well, I went ahead and loaded it even though I can't do anything without wifi. It seems stable and snappy enough. Is getting the wifi running on the to-do list, I hope? If so, my old Imagio could become a very nice secondary device alongside my Rezound.

Also, how will I update Android if/when new versions of this are released? I'm used to loading updates on my HP Touchpad, but I get the impression that this is entirely different.

Hope I don't sound like I'm whining or complaining. I'm genuinely thankful and impressed and looking forward to any continuing development that might take place.

Edit: I found the question to my update question here.

CptAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled_one View Post
Well, I went ahead and loaded it even though I can't do anything without wifi. It seems stable and snappy enough. Is getting the wifi running on the to-do list, I hope? If so, my old Imagio could become a very nice secondary device alongside my Rezound.

Also, how will I update Android if/when new versions of this are released? I'm used to loading updates on my HP Touchpad, but I get the impression that this is entirely different.

Hope I don't sound like I'm whining or complaining. I'm genuinely thankful and impressed and looking forward to any continuing development that might take place.

Edit: I found the question to my update question here.
At the moment we're not in the autobuild so those updates might not work for you out of the box. I'll release the kernel updates here until we are though, don't worry.

Of course wifi is coming. Everything is on the todo list. I can't give you an ETA though as we don't really have a regular development schedule or roadmap. Right now we're mostly working on the gsensor, gpu and the rest of the keys. Don't throw away that imagio though! (and if you are shoot me a PM and consider donating it for testing) You've waited this long, might as well check periodically for progress

untitled_one
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAJ View Post
I can't give you an ETA though as we don't really have a regular development schedule or roadmap.
No worries on that account, I'm just thrilled that anyone is working on this at all. The Imagio was my first smartphone, so I plan to hold onto it as long as it still charges and boots.

CptAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
We got the GPU working today =)

I may release a new pack tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to CptAJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

untitled_one
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What does getting the GPU working do for us exactly? Forgive my newbie question.

kkddcclloo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

that mean the angrybird can play?
BTW:bluetooth not works yet. waiting for your new pack

vwaitting
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I use the GSM network, when I edit the file init.gingerbread.rc reboot phone constant
I hope new pack fix data for GSM,pls

kkddcclloo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwaitting View Post
I use the GSM network, when I edit the file init.gingerbread.rc reboot phone constant
I hope new pack fix data for GSM,pls
Use RE get root,make the file gingerbread.rc read/write ,then eidt the file.
reboot OK.

CptAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled_one View Post
What does getting the GPU working do for us exactly? Forgive my newbie question.
Well, it let's you play some games. Sometimes the games can be software rendered but that's quite slow. The GPU lets you accelerate that (like your video card) and allows you to play other games that do require it.

It's quite old though, the GPU. Don't expect to play the latest games, but hey it's something!

Angry Birds does run. It's super slow though We did some benchmarks against the Rhodium guys and we're pulling in just about the same FPS, so if they can play it chances are we can too.
The Following User Says Thank You to CptAJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andrey_Go
Old
(Last edited by Andrey_Go; 20th May 2012 at 12:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi.
I have Imagio and I run Android, and when I have call, screen does not light up. I tried to change the "auto brightness" but to no avail. Maybe someone has found a way, this fixed a bug?

And how to edit the file "init.gingerbread.rc"? I can not find an editor or a file manager in Android.

Thanks.