Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy S removing vodafon logo?

Tip us?

rider17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy S removing vodafon logo?

Hi guys so first of all i was a iPhone user so i'm newbie at the Android development,i have a couple of question on which i hope you can help,i bought a Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 but when the phone is booting it shows annoying Vodafon logo and Vodafon apps,is there way to put back default booting and apps? on the phone android version is Gingerbred is there way maybe to upgrade on IceCream sandwich?also one big question ,can Samsung can be locked i mean now it's unlocked on my network and if i do update over Kies will it lock to Vodafon or someother network is there way to check it?.Thanks

kavsko
Old
(Last edited by kavsko; 14th May 2012 at 10:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Hello rider17...

First of all, welcome to this amazing community.

The first thing you need to do is read, read and read... a lot.

The section reserved to our Samsung Galaxy S is very active and there's always something new to try.

To get rid of all that bloatware from Vodafone you need to flash a stock or a costumized ROM.

One of the most important tools that you will need is Odin. (search the forum you'll find it easily)

The first step to enter the world of costumized ROMs is the get ROOT.

There are several methods to achieve this but the one I recommend is to flash the CF-ROOT appropriate to the version installed in your phone.

With CF-ROOT you get 2 things in one step, ROOT and CWM (Clockwork Recovery Mod).

After that you can install any customized ROM, just follow the steps of the ROM Maker/Cooker.

If I helped you out, please hit the "Thanks" button!

If you need some more guidance, send me a private message.
The Following User Says Thank You to kavsko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rider17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks @kavsko for your reply,does anybody else have suggestion to answer on my other question so i can start with Android

Lexrsk
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rider17 View Post
on the phone android version is Gingerbred is there way maybe to upgrade on IceCream sandwich?
Custom ROMs only for ICS

Quote:
also one big question ,can Samsung can be locked i mean now it's unlocked on my network and if i do update over Kies will it lock to Vodafon or someother network is there way to check it?.Thanks
If the Phone is unlocked it will stay unlocked.

If you install a custom ROM you will not be able to upgrade using KIES. In fact you will not be able to use Kies.

I strongly suggest that before you root/install custom ROM that you look up how to back up your EFS folder. This folder contains your IMEI in a HEX file
No need to say thanks just use the thanks button

Samsung Galaxy S
Telstra GT-I9000T
Currently running stock OS

Previous ROM/Modem/Kernel

ROM>> Team ICSSGS RC4.2
Modem>> JVQ
Kerrnel>> Semaphore ICS 0.9.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexrsk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rider17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexrsk View Post
Custom ROMs only for ICS

If the Phone is unlocked it will stay unlocked.

If you install a custom ROM you will not be able to upgrade using KIES. In fact you will not be able to use Kies.

I strongly suggest that before you root/install custom ROM that you look up how to back up your EFS folder. This folder contains your IMEI in a HEX file
I mean i think it's unlocked for all network because if it is locked to vodafon then i couldn't put other sim card and now i'm using another sim card which is not vodafon,but again i'm not sure maybe the store where i bought it unlocked for all networks,so if i install any kind of ROM's am i going to be able to unlock device ?

Lexrsk
Old
(Last edited by Lexrsk; 15th May 2012 at 10:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
I mean i think it's unlocked for all network because if it is locked to vodafon then i couldn't put other sim card and now i'm using another sim card which is not vodafon,but again i'm not sure maybe the store where i bought it unlocked for all networks,so if i install any kind of ROM's am i going to be able to unlock device ?
If you have put in another carriers SIM and and are able to make calls, us the internet etc the phone is not locked.

here is where i suggest you start reading
No need to say thanks just use the thanks button

Samsung Galaxy S
Telstra GT-I9000T
Currently running stock OS

Previous ROM/Modem/Kernel

ROM>> Team ICSSGS RC4.2
Modem>> JVQ
Kerrnel>> Semaphore ICS 0.9.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexrsk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dave759
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Not really much help for your topic but follow what the guys above have suggested, if in doubt ask and be as detailed as possible when you do so, but make sure you read up on everything before you try anything you would want your first android experience to be a bad one. good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rider17
Old
(Last edited by rider17; 16th May 2012 at 09:03 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well i read the whole [HOW TO] /efs Folder backup + Restore NV_DATA.BIN and the whole [HOWTO] [REF] [FAQ] [Guides] [Tutorials] Flash/Root/ADB/ROM [MUST READ!] thread i'm learning,by this tutorial flashing device isn't that hard ,but also as @Lexrs sad "you will note be able to connect on Kies" i can't connect now is it maybe the reason because Vodafon or the storte where i bought it flashed ROM?also guy's is there way to check liftimer counter on SGS ?

MrAndroid12
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Well i read the whole [HOW TO] /efs Folder backup + Restore NV_DATA.BIN and the whole [HOWTO] [REF] [FAQ] [Guides] [Tutorials] Flash/Root/ADB/ROM [MUST READ!] thread i'm learning,by this tutorial flashing device isn't that hard ,but also as @Lexrs sad "you will note be able to connect on Kies" i can't connect now is it maybe the reason because Vodafon or the storte where i bought it flashed ROM?also guy's is there way to check liftimer counter on SGS ?
The ODIN counter **** was only introduced in Galaxy S2+
White Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 + white S view Cover for everyday, Protective Cover+ for hiking, camping etc...
Rom: Stock non-rooted 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
SD card: 32 GB Class 10

Tablet: White iPad Mini + Green Smart cover
Firmware: iOS 7.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Family tab)
ROM Stock 4.1.2
Kernel: Stock
CPU: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to MrAndroid12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rider17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Uh okey,guys can you help me with rooting/flashing on what i need to do first because i want to get started ,and i checked my network sim lock with secret codes that someone posted here and it says :Network Lock:eek:ff is that good or bad ?