Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jump to the one s?

Tip us?

dementor123
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have both phones. One S is not much of an upgrade.

lgtsanev
Old
(Last edited by lgtsanev; 12th May 2012 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebatr8 View Post
Lol maybe its just me I find myself hardly complaining about bugs, but definetly it seems like people love to do it. Thinking ill just hold out with the amaze till something better comes along by the end of this year. I just wish htc would stop holding out on us this phone is great with development being easier for our devs I'm sure it could be relevant for a long time.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Dude, regardless of what people say about One S, you keep repeating how great it is. Obviously, you like it better than Amaze, and its normal - every future phone has to be better than previous models (thou, this is not really the case here imo because besides S4, little extra camera features, and Beats everything else is a step backwards) - so just go get it and enjoy it. Its becoming irritating anyway to see every once in a while topics like "should i get One S or stay with Amaze?". Thats why there are numerous reviews on youtube, specs, and all kinds of info, so people can decide for themselves. True, development here is kind of slow compared to other phones, but thats how it is - I still love my Amaze, and when comes the time to upgrade, Id be looking for build quality and much better specs, not the number of custom ROMs, because here there are and always will be developers for every phone.

ebatr8
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgtsanev View Post
Dude, regardless of what people say about One S, you keep repeating how great it is. Obviously, you like it better than Amaze, and its normal - every future phone has to be better than previous models (thou, this is not really the case here imo because besides S4, little extra camera features, and Beats everything else is a step backwards) - so just go get it and enjoy it. Its becoming irritating anyway to see every once in a while topics like "should i get One S or stay with Amaze?". Thats why there are numerous reviews on youtube, specs, and all kinds of info, so people can decide for themselves. True, development here is kind of slow compared to other phones, but thats how it is - I still love my Amaze, and when comes the time to upgrade, Id be looking for build quality and much better specs, not the number of custom ROMs, because here there are and always will be developers for every phone.
Relax bro, you got your panties in a bunch over nothing nobody asked you to read that's why there is a title option for a thread. You can choose to read or not if you pick your phones based on specs over development good for you.

Device list: HTC G1, HTC G2, HTC Sensation, HTC HD2, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy S 4G, iPhone 3G, Samsung Galaxy S 3, HTC Amaze 4G, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S2
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
ClubRSX crew

lgtsanev
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebatr8 View Post
Relax bro, you got your panties in a bunch over nothing nobody asked you to read that's why there is a title option for a thread. You can choose to read or not if you pick your phones based on specs over development good for you.

Obviously you dont get it so I'll try again:
Next time you want to talk about one s, go to the previously opened threads or to One S's forum, this one here is for Amaze 4G, so the focus is on that device, not someone's turmoils whether to upgrade or not. Also, if you choose your device based on dev, you can go back to HTC Magic - there are so many ROMs for this one, you will be wowed

AndroidAutobot
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrpancakes View Post
I wouldn't think it's a good idea to upgrade, but I guess if you already have one coming in you could go for it. The S4 processor is better than the S3, but you get a Pentile SAMOLED screen and smaller, non-changeable battery.

Also wrong section.
The screen is the exact same size. Not trying to correct you or troll, bit take your amaze to a t mobile store and see for yourself.

The burst mode on the one S is incredible and all hut

-SD card trade off is too much a dealbreaker for me.

-VGA front facing camera is also a significant compromise for me

-The S4 processor does out perform the S3 substantially, but the S3 still performs so well its not a huge deal to me.

-hardware keys on the amaze do own indeed

-I'm not a huge fan of Sense 4 at ALL. I do love the look of the translucent status bar... But I absolutely hate Sense 4s recent apps. Just looks like browser windows. Boring. Vanilla Android's recent apps that are on 3.6 are far better looking to me. Definitely stickin with 3.6.

-not to mention the lack of a dedicated search button. I hate that they're leaning towards software only for search functionality. I use my search key all the time =L

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
Twitter.com/AndroidAutobot
GTalk - AndroidAutobot

PeartFan40
Old
Thanks Meter 1,404
Please keep all question based threads in the Q&A section. Thank you.

Thread Moved.

XDA Rules: http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81

10 Post Rule: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...-10-post-rule/

XDA Marketplace Rules: http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...rules-updated/

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeartFan40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

falconeyedtiger
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I was already off contract with tmobile and could have gotten a one s as an upgrade but decided on finding a used amaze instead - the main reasons being all of what other users have posted before, plus that the hardware isn't supposed to be compatible with tmobiles upgraded network speeds that are supposed to happen later this year. If the upgrade is going to make me go back on a 2 year contract, I'd want the phone to keep up with the network.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

xupthree60
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just upgraded and chose the Amaze over the one s. It seams to me the areas where the amaze are better is a bigger deal than the areas where the one s is better.

amaze: changeable battery, sd card, better camera,

one s: beats audio, thinner and lighter, slightly better processor.

The sd card and battery are big deals. When i used the camera on the one s I could not get a good macro shot, where on the amaze i could make out the dust on the dust. If it comes down to a better camera vs beats audio, i used my camera a ton more than i listen to music on it. Also if your willing to root you can have beats on the amaze. As far as the processor, the amaze felt smoother to me changing screens and such, maybe the one s will be better after sense 4.0 gets some updates?

The only thing that had me thinking and almost got me to get the one s, was how thin and light it was. Im happy i chose the amaze, i just dont see the one s as a replacement, more of a step sideways and you choose which one fits you better.
HTC HD2 --- UD rom --- Cracked screen still works, don't use.
HTC Amaze 4g --- CM10.1 JB nightly.
LG Nexus 5 --- Stock

Opentang
Old
Thanks Meter 88
I've made the jump! I favor the One S over the Amaze, personal preference. Once you use the One for a few days, you'll understand too...

Sent from my HTC One S
Device: Nexus 5 Hammerhead
Bootloader: HHZ11k
Software: CM11 4.4.4
Recovery: TWRP
Kernel: CM11

Other Devices: Nexus 4 Mako | Nexus 10 Manta | HTC Ville | HTC Ruby | Nook Tablet | HTC Glacier | HTC HD2 | HTC Magic | HTC Dream

Dropbox Space: 500 MB FREE CLICK HERE!