HTC Velocity

Tip us?

Leigh Kennedy
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by g33mt4z View Post
Awesome!!!! It's a very stable rom base, can't wait to see it Just wondering, what is a more refined keyboard? Both of the keyboards I've used from the rooted Telstra ICS roms were pretty slick for me, can't see how they could be improved, still curious though

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using xda premium
My wording has gotten the better of me, it seems.

I'll be putting in the Sense 4.0 version of it in as I think it looks better.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by g33mt4z View Post
Awesome!!!! It's a very stable rom base, can't wait to see it
I wouldn't give anything less :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Leigh Kennedy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Toddy7658
Old
Thanks Meter 3
@Leigh Kennedy what's the battery life like while running 4g all day? Mine is rubbish dies in 6 - 9 hours hours. It's all stock non rooted etc

Leigh Kennedy
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddy7658 View Post
@Leigh Kennedy what's the battery life like while running 4g all day? Mine is rubbish dies in 6 - 9 hours hours. It's all stock non rooted etc
The battery sucks lol.

Anyway, I've managed to get it to run a little longer than 6-9 hours using my ROM. If you wish to see if there are any improvements then feel free to test Nightly Build 3 when it re-uploads.

lol, had to revise it due to some issues.

mickb83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,
I'm trying to track down the ruu for the gingerbread Rom that was shipped with the HTC Velocity 4G on Telstra originally.

Since updating to ICS my data reception had been ****e and is like to go back to having a phone that works properly as it was intended.

Does anyone know where I could download the 2.3.6 Rom?

I thought I'd found it on file factory, downloaded it went to run it, it ran for a while and looked like it was working then came up with an error, something to do with the hboot I believe.

Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to keep the phone un-rooted if possible, I'd just like the phone to work like it did straight out of the box when I first got it.

Cheers,
Mick

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

XRCIST
Old
(Last edited by XRCIST; 16th May 2012 at 07:15 AM.) Reason: Spelling
Thanks Meter 9
Smile Telstra HTC Velocity 4G Rocks

I know it's a bit late for the OP but I wouldn't mind sharing my opinion anyway.

I migrated from a rooted HTC HD2 with a custom rom and agonised for ages between the HTC Velocity 4G and the Samsung Galaxy S2 4G.

I was able to test these units side by side at a Telstra shop in Adelaide recently to help me decide, the first thing I noted was the speed of the HTC Velocity compared to the SGS2.

Both phones were loaded with the speedtest.net app and were set to the same server, the HTC Velocity consistently had ping times to the server of 91ms where the best time for the SGS2 were 281ms. Download speeds for the Velocity were better than 27Mbps where the SGS2 couldn't get over 17Mbps, now that is a big difference!

The screen colours on the SGS2 were too saturated and dark and didn't seem real.

All in all the HTC Velocity 4G is awesome in my book, my wife has an SGS2 and I still hate the way it does some stuff and just doesn't seem as user friendly or as configurable as the HTC Velocity.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XRCIST For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ozmoran
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im interested in the same thing
My DL speed isnt as good anymore or either

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickb83 View Post
Hi all,
I'm trying to track down the ruu for the gingerbread Rom that was shipped with the HTC Velocity 4G on Telstra originally.

Since updating to ICS my data reception had been ****e and is like to go back to having a phone that works properly as it was intended.

I thought I'd found it on file factory, downloaded it went to run it, it ran for a while and looked like it was working then came up with an error, something to do with the hboot I believe.

Am I doing something wrong? I'd like to keep the phone un-rooted if possible, I'd just like the phone to work like it did straight out of the box when I first got it.

Cheers,
Mick

Oops forgot to quote the above message first
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
akathailand.com/

ChunD.K
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcampbell View Post
As far as I can tell, the new Telstra HTC Velocity is a Holiday/Vivid/Raider which has to be the most complciated mess off device renames I've seen in a while.

I have the option comming up at my work to go for 1 of three phones.

1. HTC Velocity on Telstra(holiday/vivid/raider)
2. Galaxy Nexus on Telstra
3. Galaxy S II (first version, on telstra)

SO this is addressed to people who own this handset, or a few handsets. DO you think I should go for the Velocity, or one of the others, if so why?

The Velocity has the fastest cpu (telstra version is 1.5Ghtz) and is the only one with LTE, however I'm not the biggest fan of Sense UI and I don't live or work in an LTE zone yet, wont be getting an LTE upgrade here for another 6 months. and the nexus appears to have a higher resolution screen.

Anyway, I'm incomming from a HTC HD2, which is awesome for flashing and such but mine is getting old and overheating so I will be glad to move on, does anyone know my chances of flashing roms/rooting the HTC Velocity easily?

Hi,Im from Chinese HONGKONG,And It's Velocity too!!

And by the way!I'm HTC HD2s user too!and I love your avatar image. I caputre it to collect it!

mickb83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Can anyone help please???

Cheers,
Mick

ma77y
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Can anyone help please???

Cheers,
Mick

Try relocking your bootloader, then run the ruu. I had the same problem....

mickb83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma77y View Post
Try relocking your bootloader, then run the ruu. I had the same problem....
That's my problem ma77y, I don't have nor can I find the Telstra GB ruu.

I'm looking for direction on where I can locate the ruu.