5,594,653 Members 32,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

Tip us?

The_Joe
Old
Thanks Meter 43
(Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT an expert.)

My understanding is that the reason these hurdles are not being dealt with is that we have gone just about as far as developers can go. These problems more or less exist across all Motorola phones running ICS.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, if Motorola unlocks the bootloader (I wont really pretend to know what that means, just know its the problem) OR if Motorola releases a stock ICS phone, then we may see significant gains. For now, I dont think there is much hope at all.

That said, Hashcode has done a huge amount! Was not that long ago BT and camera didnt work at all, now we just have BT unreliability, and no camcorder. That is impressive progress when you consider he has a JOB and a FAMILY.
Well when you really break it down, the steps to modifying a Turbocharged Diesel engine and overclocking a modern computer processor are VERY comparable.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Joe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Willis111
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 84
There is also the possibility to use kexec to run a 3.+ kernel for a less limited ics build. I do totally agree, amazing what's been done so far in terms of backporting the OS to run on our kernel/phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
I work for AMD, and that's exactly how it's done... You manufacture a large batch of silicon, and based on testing, you separate the chips based on highest stable speed. We simply clock them lower and label them with another model number. This has been done since the beginning...

ve6rah
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just want to clarify my last post, I was in no way criticizing Hashcode, or any other developer. I think they have done amazing work and I am hugely appreciative of all their efforts. I was simply trying to get a better idea on where things stand, and what we should expect going forward.
Once again, I would like to extend a big thank you to Hashcode and everyone else who have helped get this to where we are today, and Iook forward to seeing where things go from here.

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joe View Post
(Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT an expert.)

My understanding is that the reason these hurdles are not being dealt with is that we have gone just about as far as developers can go. These problems more or less exist across all Motorola phones running ICS.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, if Motorola unlocks the bootloader (I wont really pretend to know what that means, just know its the problem) OR if Motorola releases a stock ICS phone, then we may see significant gains. For now, I dont think there is much hope at all.

That said, Hashcode has done a huge amount! Was not that long ago BT and camera didnt work at all, now we just have BT unreliability, and no camcorder. That is impressive progress when you consider he has a JOB and a FAMILY.
There are a couple locked moto phones that have advances. Like the kexec ones and i think its the Droid X or something that is locked and has the video camera working now. 720p recording i believe but dont quote that. I am completely grateful to the developers in all their work. I hope it doesnt seem that im not, i just gave my praise already lol. Not going to in every single post with a question

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
If it's actually 720, I'd be so happy. The DX/2 only shoots 720, so being able to capture HD at max resolution would be great.
Crack(flashing) is one hell of a drug.

folkmono
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have some problems with the bilho
for many veses it back to 100% and battery life is gone
Hakkaa plle Pohjan Poika!

Droid 3 X862 by Hashcode

Iconia A500

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I have noticed an old bug reappeared now when I'm running CM9. Once phone have been used in a car dock, it can no longer go into deep sleep. Restart fixes the problem. The bug existed on XT860 as well as XT862 in the initial firmware. It was fixed in the first wave of firmware updates (the only wave for Bell XT860)

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk 2
leobg

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Since now Droid 4 stock ICS has leaked - is there any chance that can be used to improve D3 CM9?
leobg

tcrews
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg View Post
Since now Droid 4 stock ICS has leaked - is there any chance that can be used to improve D3 CM9?
Maybe, but most likely not. Remember that the Droid 4 leak includes a new kernel as well which does nothing for the Droid 3.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
http://android.snkbitten.com/
Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all rooted)
Motorola Moto X DevEd - KK 4.4.2 + Root
Google Nexus 10 - KK 4.4.2 + Root

markv99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default FC in Browser

in the nighties of May if you open browser and then goes to menu, receive a FC. I test with April 28 and this do not occur.

Also, whenever WiFi automatically switch off to preserver energy, do not come back until manually disable/enable.

very good job in CM9!