Ask a question

No registration required

[ICS 4.0.4]Unofficial CM9 - Nightly 6a Released - [27/08/2012]

OP FreeOptimusProject

adsf.adf
16th May 2012, 08:31 AM   |  #361  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Wait, why would you install Nightly1 ... then copy files... then install Nightly2?

Installing another ROM formats /system so you did nothing...

Wipe the phone, install Nightly2, install Hotfix2, start the phone, put the files on the SD-CARDS, and then move them manually with Root Explorer or something.

If you don't have a BLUE status bar, then you didn't copy the files correctly.
16th May 2012, 08:44 AM   |  #362  
Flag Guadalajara
Thanks Meter: 397

1,024 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.petras

Wait, why would you install Nightly1 ... then copy files... then install Nightly2?

Installing another ROM formats /system so you did nothing...

Wipe the phone, install Nightly2, install Hotfix2, start the phone, put the files on the SD-CARDS, and then move them manually with Root Explorer or something.

If you don't have a BLUE status bar, then you didn't copy the files correctly.

I didnt wipe, I have installed Nighlty1&Fix1 just install Nightly2&Fix2 with Recovery and as I said, seems work fine for me, just what I see, maybe I can do a NanDroid and share it, if Rom Owner is agree.
16th May 2012, 09:40 AM   |  #363  
Thanks Meter: 73

281 posts
jan.petras is right.
If you install system (Nigthly2) from recovery then you basically format whole system partition and put new files on it - just check you build.prop if it is equal to this from DiederikC's mod. I think you have placebo effect and that's all.

Question do DiederikC - this can be applied to omr911's rom also?

Question to FreeOptimusProject - can you add FAQ section in second post with all those questions and answers that appers in this thread - maybe this will cut endless and pointless discussion.

I'm sorry for being off topic.
16th May 2012, 10:32 AM   |  #364  
Thanks Meter: 22

142 posts
More
Bug report:
Installed 5 minutes ago....
-videos are black and white
-only front camera working and is black and white too and cannot make pictures.
-signal is only 2 bars
-no 3g
-phone getting worm
-brightness is kinda low

The rest is ok, very smooth, wi-fi working and i didnt was called by anyone i guess.
Keep the good work ! Back to Zeus.
16th May 2012, 11:17 AM   |  #365  
Thanks Meter: 60

318 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamex

Bug report:
-signal is only 2 bars
-no 3g
-phone getting worm
-brightness is kinda low

The rest is ok, very smooth, wi-fi working and i didnt was called by anyone i guess.

if you never read the first post, you ever will post useless stuff. The devs dont want bug reports anymore, they dont want whats working and whats not.
The Following User Says Thank You to facekill1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #366  
Thanks Meter: 851

894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kretos

jan.petras is right.
If you install system (Nigthly2) from recovery then you basically format whole system partition and put new files on it - just check you build.prop if it is equal to this from DiederikC's mod. I think you have placebo effect and that's all.

Question do DiederikC - this can be applied to omr911's rom also?

Question to FreeOptimusProject - can you add FAQ section in second post with all those questions and answers that appers in this thread - maybe this will cut endless and pointless discussion.

I'm sorry for being off topic.

this might work on omer's rom too but i didn't try you might wanna test it for me

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexickano

:lol: my bad, in fact it is /system/app... now i did it fine, i can recommend you to avoid every mistake i made because it will sweep the screen(that's what happened to me)

-Install 1stNightly
-Install 1stFix
-copy DiederikC's files
-Install 2nd Nightly
-Install 2ndFix

Now you can see a change in flow and speed, now the only question that i have is: it will drain more battery?

no i did battery tweaks like i said i changed some things in the build prop to make rom more battery efficient
if it's draining more please repport
16th May 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #367  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,885

2,440 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamex

Bug report:
-signal is only 2 bars
-no 3g
-phone getting worm
-brightness is kinda low

Seriously, do you think, this is the first bugreport? What dont you understand? The fact, that we already know about all those bugs, or that they have already been reported like 10 times, or that we said, read the thread before you post ANYTHING? Sorry for being mad, but slowly this ignorance makes me wanna stop this project...
Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA
Last edited by N00BY0815; 16th May 2012 at 03:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to N00BY0815 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #368  
Flag Sparta
Thanks Meter: 135

314 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00BY0815

Seriously, do you think, this is the first bugreport? What dont you understand? The fact, that we already know about all those bugs, or that they have already been reported like 10 times, or that we said, read the thread before you post ANYTHING? Sorry for being mad, but slowly this ignorance makes me wanna stop this project...
Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA

i don't remember if i posted in here before but i think that i did't until now.i follow the thread since the beginning and i have read all posts.i understand the devs' frustration.sorry for the off topic but since this is a great project you could ask mrs reinbeau to clean the thread and leave only the 4 op.and then lock the thread because it is really annoying.i read the same posts so many times and some really useless posts like this one from me right now.please take my suggestion under consideration.since you are a team who tests everything it is useless to have an open thread with so much junk.and please don't quit the project.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gsal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #369  
Thanks Meter: 851

894 posts
More
this may or may not brick device i dont know if it will work cuz i dont have my phone for the next 2 hours and i tought maybe someone wanted to test it for me ....

flash the file from this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=333 might solve 3g just try

thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiederikC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #370  
Flag Bali
Thanks Meter: 62

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiederikC

this may or may not brick device i dont know if it will work cuz i dont have my phone for the next 2 hours and i tought maybe someone wanted to test it for me ....

flash the file from this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=333 might solve 3g just try

thank you.

I have tried flash the file, but it say "code 7 installed aborted" then try to mount /system, its same aborted, try to mount everything, its still aborted . By the way thanks for your info...I hope dev team allready find the wayout for data connection...sorry for my english
Last edited by Mbah Oz; 16th May 2012 at 05:43 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mbah Oz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, ics
Previous Thread Next Thread