XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Iconia A500 Parts?

Tip us?

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Wink [Q] Iconia A500 Parts?

So... I don't really want to go into the details of the thing... long story short my college roommate karate kicked my tablet down a flight of stairs (not even a cracked screen!) Acer support is... meager, at best, and the warranty doesn't cover anything hardware related.

The only part of the tablet that is really broken is the top left corner of it; where the power button resides. It's partially cracked open, and the rear-facing camera is really blurry now, condensation/cracked/not really sure. So my question is, does anyone know where I can buy parts for the tablet? As in... possibly the whole shell and the rear camera? I've looked but maybe just not hard enough.

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 5068

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDoerksen View Post
So... I don't really want to go into the details of the thing... long story short my college roommate karate kicked my tablet down a flight of stairs (not even a cracked screen!) Acer support is... meager, at best, and the warranty doesn't cover anything hardware related.

The only part of the tablet that is really broken is the top left corner of it; where the power button resides. It's partially cracked open, and the rear-facing camera is really blurry now, condensation/cracked/not really sure. So my question is, does anyone know where I can buy parts for the tablet? As in... possibly the whole shell and the rear camera? I've looked but maybe just not hard enough.
Nice roommate. Shoulda K-Kicked his arse, or steal his girl.

Sent you a pm with a link to the illustrated parts breakdown with part numbers. Also, you might find parts on e-bay.
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Read XDA Rules which can be found HERE

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post

Sent you a pm with a link to the illustrated parts breakdown with part numbers. Also, you might find parts on e-bay.
Awesome thank you, so far no luck but I'm sure eventually someone will be selling the parts. And yeah I shoulda, but **** happens And yes I asked Acer about spare parts... They seemed incredulous to the thought of an end user prying open their tablet. Something to the extent of "voids warranty" and "pay us money to replace the $10 part." Gah. Uh well, now I'm content with building my own green UI now.

noches_rose
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire View Post

Hi! I have had almost exactly the same "accident". My 1 year daughter is responsible for that...

I'd really appreciate that link.

Thank you!!

GermanDoerksen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by noches_rose View Post
Hi! I have had almost exactly the same "accident". My 1 year daughter is responsible for that...

I'd really appreciate that link.

Thank you!!
Haha, yeah bad things happen

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...27&postcount=8

There's the link, sorry it's taken so long. It only has the part numbers, and as far as finding a vendor for those parts, it's almost impossible. Plenty of front cameras on e-bay, but no rear cameras that I've found. Let me know if you have any luck.
Tags
a500, camera, iconia, parts, spare