[Q] To anyone with Bluetooth headphones

16th May 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #21  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 412

1,151 posts
More
Does the quality of connection change after having a phone call through Bluetooth?

I have a plantronics M100 and if I connect it, the connection repeatidly breaks until I make a phone call, afterwards connection becomes excellent.
16th May 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar302

Does the quality of connection change after having a phone call through Bluetooth?

I have a plantronics M100 and if I connect it, the connection repeatidly breaks until I make a phone call, afterwards connection becomes excellent.

That actually sounds unusual. Do you mean music sounds broken until a call is made? Because stereo audio and in call are two different Bluetooth profiles, and bluetooth is an evil tech so that may be related.
16th May 2012, 10:31 AM   |  #23  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 412

1,151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailerr

That actually sounds unusual. Do you mean music sounds broken until a call is made? Because stereo audio and in call are two different Bluetooth profiles, and bluetooth is an evil tech so that may be related.

The M100 is only for calls. So I am talking about in call only. The connection that breaks is the standby connection when there is no call.
16th May 2012, 10:33 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Then I perhaps do not understand, it should only establish the connection for an audio stream. Although, the icon should remain that lets you know there is still an active device.
16th May 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Smile exactly same
hi im using the one x with plantronics back beat hheadphones and i have exact problem tho i had no problem with headphones on samsung s2 i did have same problem with the desire i also have problems with blue tooth on jawbone icon one which is old and bought a newer one but my jawbone prime works perfect ,,,after update this morning put music on and for 5 minits it didnt cut out thought oh its fixed it but then nope started again i do find if i lay still and put phone in one place away from my body and dont move it works ok (pity i mostly listen to music when working )

but i still love htc phones just wish theyd fix bluetooth problem
The Following User Says Thank You to pestelence For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 12:13 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
Update on my first post:

HS3000 and HOX: since the 1.29 update I have had perfect playback - the only way I can cause signal loss is covering the HS3000 entirely with my hand.

Seems like the OP has an issue - looking at the way the antenna for BT is on the plastic body and cabled to the mainboard (from the disassembled pics on the forum) I'd imagine there is a short or loose contact...
The Following User Says Thank You to ajc158 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestelence

hi im using the one x with plantronics back beat hheadphones and i have exact problem tho i had no problem with headphones on samsung s2 i did have same problem with the desire i also have problems with blue tooth on jawbone icon one which is old and bought a newer one but my jawbone prime works perfect ,,,after update this morning put music on and for 5 minits it didnt cut out thought oh its fixed it but then nope started again i do find if i lay still and put phone in one place away from my body and dont move it works ok (pity i mostly listen to music when working )

but i still love htc phones just wish theyd fix bluetooth problem

Oh man, where were you an hour ago! I just was at the shop, sending back to HTC for repair or if they will give the shop a new unit, a refund. Painful option, amazing device. Just tired of the number of problems I have had with Android phones over the last year. Weighing my options. Would be totally happy with a WORKING One X for example!

Incredible we are having the same issues with similar equipment though. HTC said they suspect a broken connection (from my light handed use I wonder how) and as such the shop has sent it in.

I'll try to remember to update when I know more in some 2 weeks.
26th May 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailerr

Oh man, where were you an hour ago! I just was at the shop, sending back to HTC for repair or if they will give the shop a new unit, a refund. Painful option, amazing device. Just tired of the number of problems I have had with Android phones over the last year. Weighing my options. Would be totally happy with a WORKING One X for example!

Incredible we are having the same issues with similar equipment though. HTC said they suspect a broken connection (from my light handed use I wonder how) and as such the shop has sent it in.

I'll try to remember to update when I know more in some 2 weeks.

I have same problem .
Galaxy 2 with excellent hearing without disconnections and hang-up .with my Hox many types of headphones plantronix,novero,jaybird had a disconnection ....Really disappointed after waited a good device from Htc
Last edited by gamliel; 27th May 2012 at 05:16 AM.
2nd June 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
Small update; The One X came back with a new shell but same screen and internals. The repair centre apparently did a factory reset and other worthless activities on-top of that. Nothing was fixed, of course.

So it is right back with Saturn, for another 2 week attempt to solve the actual listed problems.

In the meantime I did a side by side test with a friends One X and as I thought, his works as mine did when I first had it. The problems seem to be very much on the main-board, radios, who knows. Everything else is identical.

HTC hire other companies to do repairs in Germany as do many others, unfortunately my experience is that many repair centres here are bloody worthless.
6th June 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #30  
OP Senior Member

221 posts
This time the phone came back "factory reset, all working".

I showed the guy at Saturn the problem with my headset, he agreed, it is broken. I've refused to accept it this time (save time).

Essentially the repair centre have totally ignored the written problems twice. If they attempt another hardware repair (seems like we need to sue them into it at this rate) I get my money back.

I'm not blaming HTC for faults in new hardware, but I think they should fire their German repair partners for sheer stunning incompetence.

If I get my money back, I will not try HTC again, and I am sorry to say it knowing the state of other brands - but this is how customers get upset.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a2dp, bluetooth, htc, one x
Previous Thread Next Thread