Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Deleted

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

OP laidaxin

16th May 2012, 04:03 PM   |  #171  
Thanks Meter: 23

121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

What's wrong with the GPS? It worked fine for me when I tried it last..
It can take some time to get an initial lock

Having the kernel source would be great for development, but it doesn't seem like Motorola cares..

Hi WinSuk!

Thanks for reply and for your good work here!...

Well, I did the whole process and everything works except the 3g know issue and the GPS that I never was able even to turn on it by menu, widget, chage settings and none gps app also wake up it or make it works... I primary use it for waze that I am using since so,long time ago, so I was familiar with the delay in catch up signal....

That is the reason because I was in beleive that is broken in this rom, so I surprised that You have it working fine.... Now I wonder about what could be a possible trick/tip to reset/make it works....

By other side... the sources that Laidaxin made available are not usefull for continue the fixing of this rom?...

Thanks again and best regards!
17th May 2012, 09:57 AM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 860

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaser66

Hi WinSuk!

Thanks for reply and for your good work here!...

Well, I did the whole process and everything works except the 3g know issue and the GPS that I never was able even to turn on it by menu, widget, chage settings and none gps app also wake up it or make it works... I primary use it for waze that I am using since so,long time ago, so I was familiar with the delay in catch up signal....

That is the reason because I was in beleive that is broken in this rom, so I surprised that You have it working fine.... Now I wonder about what could be a possible trick/tip to reset/make it works....

By other side... the sources that Laidaxin made available are not usefull for continue the fixing of this rom?...

Thanks again and best regards!

Don't really know then :-\

The kernel is what runs everything, including the rom..
We can't replace it with Motorola's locked bootloader, but we can learn how it works & build modules for use in the rom with the kernel source
Currently only Motorola has access to it, which is a violation of the GPL.
28th May 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 26

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
In the 05/26/2012 version, GPS works very well. Thanks Lai
New download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?y5e18exiy2asyt5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phapsubongtoi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #174  
Flag MI
Thanks Meter: 7

66 posts
More
Smile
Thanks so much to laidaxin and everyone else involved. Keep hope alive
29th May 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #175  
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
I wish this was as simple to install as laidaxin explains in the OP. The boot loader installation seems to be the tricky part. Afaik, there are a few that sometimes work depending on different circumstances. I'm afraid of bricking my flipside, but I want gingerbread.

Won't someone make this easier for those of us who can't take such a risk? A better guide perhaps?

Edit: Got it working. This rom breathed new life into the flipside. But alas there's still no 3g :/
Why don't we all petition for motorola to unlock the bootloader?
Sent from my MB508 using XDA
Last edited by jovanphilip; 30th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.
30th May 2012, 02:59 AM   |  #176  
Thanks Meter: 26

105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanphilip

I wish this was as simple to install as laidaxin explains in the OP. The boot loader installation seems to be the tricky part. Afaik, there are a few that sometimes work depending on different circumstances. I'm afraid of bricking my flipside, but I want gingerbread.

Won't someone make this easier for those of us who can't take such a risk? A better guide perhaps?

Edit: Got it working. This rom breathed new life into the flipside. But alas there's still no 3g :/
Why don't we all petition for motorola to unlock the bootloader?
Sent from my MB508 using XDA

WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now
30th May 2012, 12:18 PM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Languages
I know this phone is american, but please don't remove the languages...
For example, I use my Flipside in Hungary which I bought on eBay...
30th May 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #178  

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phapsubongtoi

WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now

I asked for kernel source, not the boot loader...

For anyone interested, I tried again but a different way and got a reply... based on the other threads asking the same thing (for other devices), they release the source a few weeks after it's asked for
http://sourceforge.net/motorola/disc...read/cd4e3368/

As for the boot loader, many people have petitioned/asked for them to be unlocked, and Motorola said they would - except there's only the Xoom (which is more or less a Google device) and a special version of the Droid RAZR unlockable.
Maybe there will be hope with Google taking over (every Google device is made to be unlockable without any hacks/exploits)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 06:42 PM   |  #179  
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
aaaaaand bricked :/
Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML.
Last edited by jovanphilip; 30th May 2012 at 06:48 PM.
31st May 2012, 01:00 AM   |  #180  

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanphilip

Well i can only hope they release it. I just bricked my flipside. It's stuck in an endless boot loop and i cant get rsd lite to flash any sbf files because as soon as i plug it into the pc while in the bootloader menu, the flipside switches off and wont turn on until i plug it into the charger which then promptly resumes the boot loop. FML.

It sucks down power like crazy for no reason in the boot loader.. faster then a PC can charge it from my experience. Try charging it (while off) until it's full (or when you think it's full) and try again

Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread