5,814,720 Members 52,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What is your favoured ICS launcher?
Apex 192 51.34%
Nova 107 28.61%
Trebuchet 75 20.05%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][WIP] AOKP builds for Vision [unofficial]

Tip us?

michael9413
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsco View Post
Dud you install gapps?

Sent from my Wind Mobile G2 using xda premium
of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz667 View Post
I'm afraid that you need to download and install Gmail from Google Play. There is no Gmail app in Google Apps package right now.

Given E-Mail app is for other e-mail providers.
thanks you are rite...
Device : Xiaomi Mi3 and Hongmi 1s

Hopefully got some one who willing to explore custom ROM on XiaoMi device...

Careless_
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by buxtahuda View Post
You'll likely be fine, just wipe cache/dalvik. But when you start getting problems, don't report them until you do try with wiping data.
That's the course of action I take all the time. Just wanted to be sure this time if it was ok or if it would mess something up.

thnx

dwsco
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael9413 View Post
of course...

thanks you are rite...
No offence itended... I don't use Gmail but I thought it was included in gapps... I stand corrected

Sent from my Wind Mobile G2 using xda premium
HTC Sensation 4G - ViperS
Acer Iconia A100 - KebbersROM

been there, done that;
HTC Blue Angel
HTC Universal
HTC Tilt - Fat Free Froyo 2.2.1
TMO G2 - R.I.P.

If in doubt... read and search, search and read...

astriaos
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Just a quick question,

Is the camera genuinely 100% functional? I take a lot of photos and this has consistently been an issue in ICS roms that I've taken a peek at.

Also, is browser decoding working properly? I've heard that there are still some ironing issues still needed to make the browser nice and smooth. Since most of my usage is very minimal (gmail, voice, light browsing and phone calls) it'd be great to know if these functions are up to par. I currently use Boat Browser due to a light footprint, but it's still using webkit to render pages. I've heard Opera, thanks to its own rendering engine, isn't affected by any issues but I'd prefer to not have to change over.

One last thing but I need to know if GPS and Maps support is fully functional. I could get lost in a wet paper sack, so having solid GPS is an absolute must. Along with this, I've heard of some errors with wifi in ICS roms. I presume you've managed to address these issues?

Any feedback and genuine honesty you could give on the above questions would be greatly appreciated. I've held out for a long time on upgrading to ICS thanks to inattentive Devs who overblow their abilities and the actual status of their roms. I'd love it if this wasn't the case here.

Thank you for your time.
This signature has been edited by direct order of Senior Moderator Broncogr under threat of immediate and summary punishment for being unkind, if previously true. This signature is now an inaccurate statement, but conforms to Kindness Standards set by the United Nations.

"I am a nice person who will coddle you and will answer your inane questions in calm, steady, and understanding tone."

jamonthis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Camera

When i turn on sd storage for the camera that is when the camcorder force closes. is anyone else having this issue

adamz667
Old
(Last edited by adamz667; 17th May 2012 at 12:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618

DONATE TO ME
jamonthis
On which version you are?
Did you do full wipe or just wipe cache?

I have no such problem on latest b36 version.

If you mean External SD option don't mind it. It is option for second SD card and if you disable it, pics will be saved on your SD card.

jamonthis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
thanks i do mean the external SD option. that answered my question

adamz667
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 618

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by astriaos View Post
Just a quick question,

Is the camera genuinely 100% functional? I take a lot of photos and this has consistently been an issue in ICS roms that I've taken a peek at.

Also, is browser decoding working properly? I've heard that there are still some ironing issues still needed to make the browser nice and smooth. Since most of my usage is very minimal (gmail, voice, light browsing and phone calls) it'd be great to know if these functions are up to par. I currently use Boat Browser due to a light footprint, but it's still using webkit to render pages. I've heard Opera, thanks to its own rendering engine, isn't affected by any issues but I'd prefer to not have to change over.

One last thing but I need to know if GPS and Maps support is fully functional. I could get lost in a wet paper sack, so having solid GPS is an absolute must. Along with this, I've heard of some errors with wifi in ICS roms. I presume you've managed to address these issues?

Any feedback and genuine honesty you could give on the above questions would be greatly appreciated. I've held out for a long time on upgrading to ICS thanks to inattentive Devs who overblow their abilities and the actual status of their roms. I'd love it if this wasn't the case here.

Thank you for your time.
Camera is taking a pictures at 5Mpix without glithes. Led flash Auto mode is working. Camera focus button is working.

Stock browser is probably still bugged (because of webkit). You can use Opera instead, it should be stable.

GPS is working for me and get a fix in ~1-4 minutes (but I'm using Sygic and with Endomondo and I haven't tested Google Maps - but I should). If you have a problem with GPS try to wipe efs partition - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...3&d=1303408211.

WiFi issues has appeard in Android 2.x versions and some AP/routers are still not compatible with Android. I'm using WPA2 mixed B+G/mac filter at home/studies and have no problems with connection. I need feedback with other connection types.

You can always make a backup of your current rom and try to flash this one. If you occur some problems, try to logcat it and describe it here. I'll try to help.
The Following User Says Thank You to adamz667 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

astriaos
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Excellent, thank you for your prompt reply. I will give this a run here in the next day or two and logcat if I have any issues. As a matter of interest, have you forwarded your camera fixes along to the other ICS rom developers? I'm not entirely up to date on how they're faring when it comes to ironing out camera issues. Some roms have fixes, some don't.
This signature has been edited by direct order of Senior Moderator Broncogr under threat of immediate and summary punishment for being unkind, if previously true. This signature is now an inaccurate statement, but conforms to Kindness Standards set by the United Nations.

"I am a nice person who will coddle you and will answer your inane questions in calm, steady, and understanding tone."

g1doobie
Old
(Last edited by g1doobie; 17th May 2012 at 03:19 AM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 15
phone freezes up every time i go into the play store

EDIT: reflashed the rom and i dont have that issue anymore

Tags
aokp, ics, rom, tablet ui