Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 50,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Transition to Lumia 900 from Samsung Focus

Tip us?

missjennwhite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Transition to Lumia 900 from Samsung Focus

I broke the screen to my Samsung Focus and I'm seriously considering buying the Lumia 900 but I can't pull the trigger. I used the a couple of roms on my Focus and loved having root access. The stock OS feels like it is in its infancy and having root access allowed me to have more freedom from my phone.

Has anyone upgraded their Focus with root access to the Lumia 900? What is the transition like? Is it a painful experience?

I do not want to lose the ability to sideload applications and wifi tether. I'm sure people are working hard on developing and gaining root access on this device but I don't want to pay 450 for something that may be stuck at stock.

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjennwhite View Post
I broke the screen to my Samsung Focus and I'm seriously considering buying the Lumia 900 but I can't pull the trigger. I used the a couple of roms on my Focus and loved having root access. The stock OS feels like it is in its infancy and having root access allowed me to have more freedom from my phone.

Has anyone upgraded their Focus with root access to the Lumia 900? What is the transition like? Is it a painful experience?

I do not want to lose the ability to sideload applications and wifi tether. I'm sure people are working hard on developing and gaining root access on this device but I don't want to pay 450 for something that may be stuck at stock.
save yourself the aggravation. Don't buy one. If root and side load are that important to you, this phone, this os , is not for you. We still have people cleaning cases with erasers...youre far ahead of us.
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes
The Following User Says Thank You to alodar1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hx4700 Killer
Old
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by missjennwhite View Post

I still have my rooted focus but my kids play the games on it.

The truth is that I have gotten to the point that I just want the phone to work. I like having root access and I am sure it will come in time. My main reason for upgrading was I am in an LTE market, I was well in to being off contract and the speed for me with LTE was like going from something I only wanted to use to browse the web if I had to on the focus (not the phones fault), to actually enjoying it on the lumia. If root is a MUST for you then just buy a used focus online and replace your screen with that ones or something.

Remember, you will not be transferring any app info from the old phone to the new unless it was sideloaded.

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T

Asus Transformer Prime TF201 - Now in my daughtes hands

Former Devices: HTC One X 16GB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus, Dell Venue Pro (for 2 weeks), Tilt 2, Fuze, Tilt, HP HX4700
The Following User Says Thank You to hx4700 Killer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]