Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ Custom ROM + Kernel ] TechnoDUOS For Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [1.5 BDSky STABLE]

Tip us?

kuldeephack
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0 View Post
Well, almost 24 hrs. testing the ROM and everything is running smoothly.

I've noticed a slight performance increase, but well, from the very first moment it was noted that we shouldn't expect such a hude change with this version. Maybe next update will be significantly faster.

The only thing I've changed, using the UOT Kitchen, is the battery icon, since I found the one in the ROM quite difficult to read.

As other user has just mentioned, I'd also like to find a bigger collection of status bar toggles (or maybe a customizable status bar). I don't care much about themes right now, and I think that incresing performance, or getting more juice from the battery is more important now than having an ICS theme or nicer graphics. Performance and usability should be the main concerns when launching a new ROM.

Besides that, I'm quite happy with the current version and I hope we have an improved version soon. I will be more than glad to test it, since I have just created a backup using CWM, and I don't fear bricking the phone. And even in that case, I could always use my USB JIG.

Keep up the good work. Congratulations on being the first one to release a ROM for our phone.
ya battery perfomance it more important..n yeah that battery sign is relly very hard to read..:P.i forgot to mention..:P

Millan.SIS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 955

DONATE TO ME
@boooggy
Give those bloatware & language names (to be removed).

@jman
14 status toggle bar will be in next update
Performance & battery life mods requires the modified kernel... So test it 1st...

@kuldeep
ya, that's a bug.
it will be fixed.

@All
Requests & bug reports should be like this..

Feature Request :

Bug Report:

Don't post useless bugs or features, I'll just ignore them... Never mind coz, it takes time without the phone in hand.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Millan.SIS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kurotsugi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1772
first custom rom for duos. nice work dude.

I'm thinking several posibilities. since sgy and duos are came from same family, most of the mods from sgy might applicable for duos. the method I've used to increase internal memory in sgy could be work for duos. the kernel modules which irfan and and mikstev have developed for sgy might work for duos too. you can try it. if it didn't work we can simply delete the files in init.d to uninstall/deactivate it.

manoranjan2050
Old
Thanks Meter 1345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurotsugi View Post
first custom rom for duos. nice work dude.

I'm thinking several posibilities. since sgy and duos are came from same family, most of the mods from sgy might applicable for duos. the method I've used to increase internal memory in sgy could be work for duos. the kernel modules which irfan and and mikstev have developed for sgy might work for duos too. you can try it. if it didn't work we can simply delete the files in init.d to uninstall/deactivate it.
yes friend u r right............ i wl try it...........

kurotsugi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1772
you'll need a kernel with init.d support to run the module. please make sure that you're using one of them.

kuldeephack
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millan.SIS View Post
@boooggy
Give those bloatware & language names (to be removed).

@jman
14 status toggle bar will be in next update
Performance & battery life mods requires the modified kernel... So test it 1st...

@kuldeep
ya, that's a bug.
it will be fixed.

@All
Requests & bug reports should be like this..

Feature Request :

Bug Report:

Don't post useless bugs or features, I'll just ignore them... Never mind coz, it takes time without the phone in hand.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
okayyyy....

jman0
Old
Thanks Meter 83
@Millan.SIS

Just tested the new kernel. It installs ok using the KernelUpdater.zip file and the phone boots, but I've had to revert to the original kernel, since this new one seems incompatible with Link2SD, or at least my setup.

The second partition on my SD is in FAT format, since my old phone (a Chinese clone) didn't support ext2. Using the stock kernel it works like a charm.

After upgrading to the new kernel, Link2SD showed no linked apps, so I tried recreating the mount script. Then, after rebooting the phone again, I still couldn't see any apps, so I tried using the new "relink" function, which I used succesfully after upgrading to Technoduos. It throws me the following error: "Link failed Operation not permitted" and I can't use any of my linked apps.

Maybe I should convert my second partition to ext2?

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

@Millan.SIS

More info:

Bug report:

1) As I said before, new kernel looks incompatible with Link2SD, at least if the second partition on the sd card is FAT

2) If you go to Google Play and try to install A2SDGUI, it will download and, just when it tries to install, the phone reboots by itself. After the reboot, nothing is installed.

faheem007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy phone bricked

i had updated rom succesfully but before rebooting phone i had updated karnel file and now my phone is stucked on logo..iam in problem i dont know wht to do now.
somebody help please

sgyd12
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Wink try this,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by faheem007 View Post
i had updated rom succesfully but before rebooting phone i had updated karnel file and now my phone is stucked on logo..iam in problem i dont know wht to do now.
somebody help please
=============

i hope this link can help u...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1616559

The Following User Says Thank You to sgyd12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faheem007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i done it

hey i done thanks alot

Tags
custom rom, galaxy y, galaxy y duos, gt-s6102, samsung, technoduos