Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Issues with HTC Sense rebooting intermittently ?

OP grifforama

28th December 2009, 04:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108

1,304 posts
Does anyone else have an issue with HTC sense rebooting every so often ? Mine does approximately 1/2 times a day.
It's pretty random.

Are there logs anywhere that I can check to see what may be causing it ?
28th December 2009, 04:42 AM   |  #2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 693

1,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are you getting a force close and then reboot, or is sense ui just flat out going back to the HTC screen and then reloading itself? If it's the first then you have some type of file corruption going on.

If it's the second it's possible that you have so many things running and loaded that Android is killing off sense in order to make room for other things. This was a real common issue when touchflo (basically senseui for winmo) got ported to older winmo phones.

Or the other possibility is you are running some type of task killer that is killing off required sense services and it's forcing it to reload.

http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
28th December 2009, 05:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

279 posts
do you have any taskkiller or auto kill enabled? i had problems when i did
28th December 2009, 05:40 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 108

1,304 posts
I have to hold my hands up and say I'm using Advanced Task Killer. I guess I'm under the misguided illusion that the snappiness comes from using that.

I'm guessing it's killing some service that HTC Sense relies on, so I'll try and turn it off for a while and see what happens.
28th December 2009, 08:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

279 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grifforama

I have to hold my hands up and say I'm using Advanced Task Killer. I guess I'm under the misguided illusion that the snappiness comes from using that.

I'm guessing it's killing some service that HTC Sense relies on, so I'll try and turn it off for a while and see what happens.

on my taskiller i wasnt even killing sense, i was killing mail (then sense reboots)
29th December 2009, 12:58 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 10

124 posts
More
I've been getting random phone restarts too in the last week. I do have Advanced Task Manager and TasKiller, but I never had this problem until recently. I usually only kill stuff I would have manually opened. I think I hear an alert on my phone and it's just restarting.
29th December 2009, 09:32 AM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 16

1,054 posts
I usually get this when I stop peep.
19th August 2010, 11:50 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Swype?
Seems like it might be swype. Anyone?
17th May 2012, 11:43 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

76 posts
another one here that has the same problem since the beginning. The problem basically is that HOS only has about 200 MB of free RAM after booting, and this is too few. Then, when you open some big apps or games, the system closes sense to make space for tha app, then when you return to the home screen, sense reloads itself..... It is normal, it is not a malfunction, but I guess they should solve it, it is quite anoying to be waiting several seconds for the sense to reload until you can go on using the phone, at least it is anoying in this so high class phone....

I think there is some tweak or mod over there that modifies the behavior of android so it won´t close sense and it won´t reload anymore, but you have to be root to do it.

Best regards.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread