Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Official] HTC Desire HD is getting and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) update!!

Tip us?

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10,987

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusm View Post
It's time to get over the fact that it was probably just a advertising posting that didn't pay out; I bet the whoever is responsible for it didn't took under consideration the expectation of updates from the users.
Big fail. I was hoping for it

I told everyone the Sensation was due for an update and it got one today. After you have been modding phones for a few years you will learn that the Official pages are always behind on info to what you will find here. Normally there are leaks long before the OEM even lets people know there will be an update.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mateusm
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel View Post
I told everyone the Sensation was due for an update and it got one today. After you have been modding phones for a few years you will learn that the Official pages are always behind on info to what you will find here. Normally there are leaks long before the OEM even lets people know there will be an update.
I wasn't doubting your statement, I was just commenting on how the facebook post my HTC has feed the expectation of the update.
the purpose of art is to stand naked on stage

daveyglow
Old
(Last edited by daveyglow; 17th May 2012 at 03:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 65
I'll just wait and see. If its before I get a new phone great. If not then whatever. I'm over this

Edit: I just cracked my screen so I might get a new phone sooner then later
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daveyglow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mateusm
Old
Thanks Meter 206
@daveyglow: totally agree, it's almost sad... but guess that's how it goes right? I enjoy samsungs's take on the design of the GS3, so I'm thinking of moving on sooner then I had planned anyways; tho I'll always be waiting for the update after all, it's my hobby!
the purpose of art is to stand naked on stage
The Following User Says Thank You to mateusm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wsullivan
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just a quick question, how long does it typically take for the devs to rip apart an official release and remove all the bloatware? And release their own fully working version of the rom? Days? Weeks? Months?

I'm fairly new to the flashing thing (6 months or so) so I've never seen how quick they are with a major release.....

Thanks guys

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Chivas610
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Would only take some hours....

matthew33
Old
Thanks Meter 304
I wouldn't keep your hopes up of getting ICS from HTC anytime soon.....just been on the online chat, and here is the screenshot of the short conversation:

"Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity. And so we ask ourselves: will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

[secret]
Old
(Last edited by [secret]; 17th May 2012 at 11:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 42
I might be wrong: But most of you guys talk about the ICS update itself, meaning the time when you press "search for update" and there it comes.

Whereas the only thing we need is a leak which often comes out many weeks before the actual update.

!!!I dont want to raise anyones hope, just telling my opinion!!!

And even mikenif said it in his "blackout" thread:

We are not far away from fully working ICS with cam, camcorder and everything else (even in sense) anymore.....i believe.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,547
All I want is the kernel source!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!