5,594,386 Members 35,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Vibrant stuck on boot loop

Tip us?

boodies
Old
(Last edited by boodies; 23rd April 2012 at 03:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenokia View Post
My vibrant is stuck on a boot loop, i was in the middle of installing ics and now it is in a boot loop. What can i do, if you want i can post of video of this boot loop for any advice.
I just had the same thing happen to me as in your video. I was coming from 2.2 Bionix Stock No TW to ICS CM9.

What I had to do was

1 - Take out battery, duh.

2 - Put it back in, duh.

3 - Hold vol up&down + pwr

4 - Vibrant Logo will appear / when the Vibrant logo flickers off keep holing on to those 3 buttons.

5 - When the Vibrant logo comes back on second time, (let go of power when it goes flickers away) but keep holding on to vol up& down

6 - It will go into cwm

7 - Wipe again

8 - Install ics again worked. [Slim ICS is Freakin fast and GPS locks great! no mods, coming from Bionix that means a lot ^_^ ]
Dropbox lets you sync files across several platforms. Sign up for free, install, and get me extra space! Dropbox
The Following User Says Thank You to boodies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lovenokia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodies View Post
I just had the same thing happen to me as in your video. I was coming from 2.2 Bionix Stock No TW to ICS CM9.

What I had to do was

1 - Take out battery, duh.

2 - Put it back in, duh.

3 - Hold vol up&down + pwr

4 - Vibrant Logo will appear / when the Vibrant logo flickers off keep holing on to those 3 buttons.

5 - When the Vibrant logo comes back on second time, (let go of power when it goes flickers away) but keep holding on to vol up& down

6 - It will go into cwm

7 - Wipe again

8 - Install ics again worked. [Slim ICS is Freakin fast and GPS locks great! no mods, coming from Bionix that means a lot ^_^ ]
I shall try this thanks

lovenokia
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
thank you so much it seems that ics is no installing, it installed without a probelm but no to see if there will be any problems

shockr75
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did everything get worked out? FYI, when my phone was bricked, I freaked, but calmed myself and used Google to find the answers to my questions. No sense in waiting for someone to reply on a forum. I searched and tinkered for a few hours until I got it right. I ended up having to Odin to eclair, then starting from scratch (when flashing CM7 a while back). As a result, I discovered that I am more capable than I thought I was and I have gained a lot of familiarity with my phone. I am now on CM9 and loving it. Google is your friend.