[Rom] CM9 Barely Alpha ***UPDATED OP***

OP lfaber06

17th May 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #181  
Thanks Meter: 24

152 posts
More
Droid 3 AOKP nightlies are all working on the Atrix 2 super smooth, except for radios obviously. And that's flashed from standard Bootstrap. Can anything be done using that as a base?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by StrizzMatik; 17th May 2012 at 03:20 AM.
17th May 2012, 03:47 AM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 331

1,486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrizzMatik

Droid 3 AOKP nightlies are all working on the Atrix 2 super smooth, except for radios obviously. And that's flashed from standard Bootstrap. Can anything be done using that as a base?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Sent from my Photon Q using ultramegaextremeXDA
Last edited by hellot1M; 17th May 2012 at 03:54 AM.
17th May 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #183  

1,486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton

Ok great! And what about cm9? Is it the same? What's borked besides the radio between the two. Also what if its not the radio ics on the Atrix is having issues with but whatever kernel being used. I flashed the wrong kernel once on my Xperia x10 and didn't even realize it till I tried to make a call. My calling and texting wouldnt work till I flashed the appropriate kernel. Also does wifi work on either the aokp or cm9 port?

Also did you modify the cdma port for GSM or did you just flash and declare the Atrix 2 radio being the issue?

Edit: I didnt mean you. I was talking about the entire community here talking about the radio being the main issue and not looking at the fact that these ports were built for cdma frequencies not GSM. If the ports are running smoothly then all that needs to be done is adjusting it appropriately for GSM use

Edit edit: check out the cdma and gsm razr threads. Both phones have the exact same hardware but one is cdma and one is GSM. It has been stated several times that if you flash a cdma razr rom on a GSM razr phone that the rom would work as flawlessly as it does on a cdma razr phone but you wouldn't be able to make any calls, text, or use mobile data. I'll post one thread I found of a guy asking why people on the GSM thread haven't ported any of the roms from the cdma thread.

Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

17th May 2012, 04:20 AM   |  #184  
Flag Greenacres
Thanks Meter: 1,026

843 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Bootloader not unlocked yet = no custom kernels

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
17th May 2012, 05:16 AM   |  #185  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Quote:

Lol this was supposed to be a "modify" not a "quote".. my bad.. lol

Yea, in my first post I said I even tried to flash that RAZR GSM fix on the Atrix 2. Didn't really expect it to work... and it didn't. I would have to flash it again for a full list of bugs. It's my gf's phone so I don't get as much time with it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
17th May 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 24

152 posts
More
Quote:

AFAIK the only CM9 port working on this phone in any capacity was the original ROM in the OP using the unstable safestrap. Although I couldn't obviously make calls (being that the ROM was designed for a Verizon CDMA phone), I flashed the 5/3/12 D3 4.0.4 AOKP nightly and it booted fine, the phone animations, toggles, menus, etc. all ran smooth. WiFi worked. Mind you, I was just messing around with things to test functionality, I'm not really technically adept with Android/Linux other than basic flashing/rooting stuff. Didn't try GPS but again I wasn't really testing, just wanted to say I used a legit ICS rom on my Atrix 2 even if it was kinda useless
Last edited by StrizzMatik; 17th May 2012 at 08:28 AM.
17th May 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #187  
Recognized Contributor
Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 434

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdavisct

Bootloader not unlocked yet = no custom kernels

We do have a bypass through exec that works....

The Following User Says Thank You to farshad525hou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #188  

1,486 posts
More
After tweaking the cdma rom for GSM or flashing GSM fix zips for other devices has anyone adjusted the PRL's? The prl's tell the what towers it has permission to connect to. Idk if GSM phones use prl codes but cdma phones do and if that's the case then you have a rom giving the phones radio a cdma prl.. just throwing that out there. Don't know if this will be of any help for future ics ports

25th June 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #189  
Thanks Meter: 1

31 posts
Bump.

25th June 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #190  
Thanks Meter: 16

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk00