3250 mAh battery review (stock battery size)

Search This thread

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Where is your scientific evidence that proves otherwise? Please, take your own advice and hold your thoughts to yourself unless you have hard evidence that this battery is no better than stock since you feel user experience is worthless, and you have nothing more concrete to offer.

There has only been one/two members that at all performed credible tests.
And their results place these "3300mAh" batteries on-par with the stock 2,500mAh one.

I'm far more inclined to believe that, rather than someones "feeling".

I like the fact that everyone is sharing their thoughts in this thread, but I don't like how it has become littered with false information. You and I both wouldn't like another member to get "ripped off" now would we?

The only reason I haven't performed the video run down test myself is because I've been holding myself from purchasing one. My NOTE easily gets me through the day, but there have been a few instances where I've been divided from a charger and needed extra juice...that's why I wanted a battery with larger capacity. If they're the same that won't do me much good, as I always forget to bring the spare battery and it just sits there on my desk and slowly dies from neglect.

Besides, I won't be taking your advice and keeping my thoughts to myself :p I made that comment to heavymagik who had a slanderous tone in his reply and swears by his "feelings".

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro
...cause your controlled experiment shows it right?
Either show scientific evidence or hold your thoughts to yourself.

I've found out that Chinese sellers can over-charge the cells before they ship it to you (and risk fire hazard) to artificially give you additional capacity for the first charges. But it dissipates quickly, perhaps in a week or two to its regular state...which might only be on-par with the stock 2,500mAh battery.

Over charge them??? Mine was on 60% when I got mine, it lasts longer than my stock one for sure.

Sent from a noob on a new note

heavymagik

Apr 15, 2012
Bristol
This is begining to annoy me to the point of banning myself!.

You cannot overcharge a battery, it will only hold the capacity that it is designed to, you cannot simply FORCE more amperage into it by charging it longer or at a higher voltage.

Now look at AA cells, i can go into my local store and choose a set of rechargables that range fron 800mah to 4300mah. Yes in the same size cell, there are many ways this can be done. Obviously a company will not supply the best battery money can buy, it makes no business sense when a cheap to produce one does. Its all about buisines, now this may not be the best battery in the world, but it definately lasts longer and takes longer to charge. A sign of larger capacity you decide, but to say a battery is crap because its made in china and not by samsung is plain daft. Look at the stories of iphone batteries exploding, and thats made by apple... Or is it?.
Now thats not to say every battery will perform the same, there are big differences in all cells, put a row into a smart charger and watch them all charge at different rates and times, its shocking excuse pun.

Now i am very pleased with mine, and my phone has not melted due to my cheap aftermarket lame battery. Ive had cheap batteries trust me, try a speedy battery the thing lasts like 3 hours. I am getting from 7am to 9pm with average use and about 15% left. Very happy.

Using XDA Premium (GT-N7000)

dch77

May 17, 2012
Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
Denis

Last edited:

MonkY

Dec 3, 2006
Although Battery Pro Widget only does some estimation, here is the screenshot after using three batteries for about a month. As you can see, there is "Original 2500mAh", "Gold 3000mAh" (which is the so called "japanese" battery) and "Gold 3250mAh" (the one on this thread).

The "Original" is the one that came with the Galaxy Note, and we all know about it. As you can see, it's estimated even higher than 2500mAh (2655mAh), but if you take the "+-30%" into account... you're just left wondering about it's real size...

The "japanese" Gold 3000mAh was a total dud for me. Although it's showing an estimated of 2806mAh, it can barely keep up with the Original 2500mAh. In tests, it was just a little lower than the original.

The "Gold 3250mAh" one i can say is definatelly better than both. Not by much, but for 14.98€ i think it's a really good "replacement battery". With the original one i had to recharge my Note at the end of the day, otherwise i would have a dead Note when waking up. With the Gold 3250mAh i can leave it alone at night and charge the Note next day.

I'm sorry that i haven't got the time to do some really specific tests, but i hope to have time in this weekend to compare them using the same test, and not based on some estimations.

Attachments

• SC20120517-004801.jpg
    SC20120517-004801.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 531
Reactions: p107r0

dch77

May 17, 2012
Don't trust Battery Pro Wdiget mAh estimations

Although Battery Pro Widget only does some estimation, here is the screenshot after using three batteries for about a month. As you can see, there is "Original 2500mAh", "Gold 3000mAh" (which is the so called "japanese" battery) and "Gold 3250mAh" (the one on this thread).

MonkY, don't trust Battery Pro Widget estimations figures... It just assumes the mAh that you entered for the battery is correct. For example, create a new battery profile for your standard Samsung battery, but enter this time e.g. 5000mAh. Then if you look at the estimation, it will estimate to ~5000mAh!! So, what you captured here is the fact that you entered 3250mAh for the Gold battery, nothing else.

Please try and let me know. I guess nothing better than a pure time test on heavy steady usage...

Reactions: p107r0

p107r0

Jan 29, 2010
finally finished testing the batteries:
conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
batteries:
1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
running times:
1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

after 2 weeks of intensive use, I have repeated the above test, no big difference in results:
1. stock 2500mAh: 7:28:26 on battery
2. gold 3250mAh: 7:48:09 on battery -> 4% longer, again: well within error margin

Reactions: julian67

dch77

May 17, 2012
after 2 weeks of intensive use, I have repeated the above test, no big difference in results:
1. stock 2500mAh: 7:28:26 on battery
2. gold 3250mAh: 7:48:09 on battery -> 4% longer, again: well within error margin

It just confirms my thoughts. This Gold battery is just an equivalent battery to the stock Samsung one and not near the improved battery it tries to be. I feel cheated by this Gold one as it is 5 pounds more expensive than the Anker which is also an equivalent battery... The Anker clearly states that it is equivalent and costs 10 pounds, so half price. I am then quite happy with the Anker one!

The results above might just show that the Samsung battery is 2 months older, that's it.

shamane

Dec 16, 2009
After reading the whole thread, I wonder why nobody ever mentioned the "mV" data, as depicted in multiple screenshots (last one from MonkY).
Those figures seem to suggest that the original OEM battery shuts off at ~3.6V, whereas the other ones shut off at voltage levels as low as 3.3V.
IMHO, that is the real difference between those batteries. You certainly get more mAh if you discharge your battery to a lower voltage level, BUT this has to hurt longevity... 3.3V definitely is not healthy for LiPo batteries!!
But as long as power levels between 3.3V and 3.6V are sufficient for the device to work properly, for me this tradeoff seems to be quite acceptable. A new battery every couple of months seems to be fair deal if you really get more uptime :)
Best regards, Daniel

MonkY

Dec 3, 2006
Although i wanted to do some extra testing in the weekend with all 4 batteries, i was so amased about the 3250mAh beeing alive even after 2 days of normal Note usage... that i've decided to let it run down to 10%. And the result, as you can see in the screenshot is: over 3 days and 2 hours! I know i haven't used the Note as much as usually (only 3hrs display - on Auto with higher values, and 2 hrs of 2G talking, wifi always on), but i can't believe it lasted over 3 days! With the oficial one, i was NEVER been able to get it last through the second day... not even with less than 2hrs display usage. So, i'm really pleased with this battery for now... and i don't actually care about ppl saying it's just a "placebo". For me this is the best battery i could find (except the 5000mAh one... but that's taking the bulkiness of Note to a level of "unusable").

P.S. I was one of the lucky guys that actually received the battery from lovetommorrow (and got two touchscreen pens as a bonus) :)

Attachments

• SC20120521-110926.jpg
    SC20120521-110926.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 332
  • SC20120521-110933.jpg
    SC20120521-110933.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 324
  • SC20120521-111338.jpg
    SC20120521-111338.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 330
  • SC20120521-110949.jpg
    SC20120521-110949.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 302

dch77

May 17, 2012
After reading the whole thread, I wonder why nobody ever mentioned the "mV" data, as depicted in multiple screenshots (last one from MonkY).
Those figures seem to suggest that the original OEM battery shuts off at ~3.6V, whereas the other ones shut off at voltage levels as low as 3.3V.
IMHO, that is the real difference between those batteries. You certainly get more mAh if you discharge your battery to a lower voltage level, BUT this has to hurt longevity... 3.3V definitely is not healthy for LiPo batteries!!
But as long as power levels between 3.3V and 3.6V are sufficient for the device to work properly, for me this tradeoff seems to be quite acceptable. A new battery every couple of months seems to be fair deal if you really get more uptime :)
Best regards, Daniel

Humm. Good point. I have no picture, but if I recall well my testing, I'm afraid all Gold, Anker and Samsung had circa 3300mV when at 1%, so I believe they shut off at the same time.

My thoughts are that those three batteries are almost the same... Maybe, the Gold and Anker squeezed 2600mAh instead of standard 2500mAh from Samsung, as I recall I get pretty similar timing on normal usage. But that's it, nowhere near the labelled 3250mAh...

I suggest you guys do your own tests of usage time, but make it reproducible like contant drain e.g. full power and let the same movie or game running with screen always on. I would be surprised if you get more than 2%-4% better with Gold.

So to me, Gold & Anker are good "replacement" batteries, but not improved batteries.

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Although i wanted to do some extra testing in the weekend with all 4 batteries, i was so amased about the 3250mAh beeing alive even after 2 days of normal Note usage... that i've decided to let it run down to 10%. And the result, as you can see in the screenshot is: over 3 days and 2 hours! I know i haven't used the Note as much as usually (only 3hrs display - on Auto with higher values, and 2 hrs of 2G talking, wifi always on), but i can't believe it lasted over 3 days! With the oficial one, i was NEVER been able to get it last through the second day... not even with less than 2hrs display usage. So, i'm really pleased with this battery for now... and i don't actually care about ppl saying it's just a "placebo". For me this is the best battery i could find (except the 5000mAh one... but that's taking the bulkiness of Note to a level of "unusable").

P.S. I was one of the lucky guys that actually received the battery from lovetommorrow (and got two touchscreen pens as a bonus) :)

Good to hear you're happy with the Gold, I also think they are good replacement batteries. But, to me, the test you are doing is not fair and reproducible, there is too many unkown things that happens that you can't trust the test.

Looking at your first and last picture, I see that the Android OS was eating more power than the screen and you had the phone in deep sleep for 94% of the time... If you have time to test, let the phone sleep the same with standard Samsung battery and you'll end up have 3 days of sleep as well ^^

If you don't want to spend too much time testing and enjoy your Note, do like me, do a stress test and you might see that under 100% heavy stress test, both Gold and Samsung will sustain 3H10 or something.

MonkY

Dec 3, 2006
Looking at your first and last picture, I see that the Android OS was eating more power than the screen and you had the phone in deep sleep for 94% of the time... If you have time to test, let the phone sleep the same with standard Samsung battery and you'll end up have 3 days of sleep as well ^^
If you will pay more attention to my post, you will notice i said i wasn't able to keep the Note and standard battery up for 2 days with even less screen usage (and wifi off!).
If you don't want to spend too much time testing and enjoy your Note, do like me, do a stress test and you might see that under 100% heavy stress test, both Gold and Samsung will sustain 3H10 or something.
I was supposed to do the stress test in the weekend, but i had to wait for the 3250mAh to die on me :) I will be back! :D

dch77

May 17, 2012
Monky,

No offence man, I'm not trying to start a fight or something lol I'm just trying to get fair testing ^^ I think it is strange that you can't get 3 days of deep sleep at least with the Samsung one because in deep sleep it should last for ages.. (I usually get 1-2% drain per night) But agreed, no time to waste letting baby Note sleeping if you ask me ^^

Yes, please come back with 100% heavy stress test and timing, I'm also interested because we never know, maybe I got a fake "Gold" battery ^^

Cheers,

Last edited:

MonkY

Dec 3, 2006
Monky,

No offence man, I'm not trying to start a fight or something lol I'm just trying to get fair testing ^^ I think it is strange that you can't get 3 days of deep sleep at least with the Samsung one because in deep sleep it should last for ages..
It's OK. No offence taken! But I think you should ignore the CPU Spy screenshot. It's there just for reference... After all, if you do the maths, it's showing the values for the last 60:06:53 hours only. While the battery total stats are 74:31:19 hours. For me, that's impressive. But i will stop saying that. I will return after recharging all the batteries and stressing them at maximum.

P.S. I think the Gold 3250mAh one just got better (or the stats at least) after 2 weeks of usage... Maybe yours is not doing so good because wasn't "formatted" correctly?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's getting late......after a long day waiting for this 3250 mAh battery to go flat, here is my review for what it is worth.

I have been searching for a month to find a battery that had the capability to last me all day. Not a bulky one! One that would fit within the original case. Not make my phone look pregnant.

I wanted a battery that i could Take off charge at 8am being able to last me all day, with LIGHT to MEDIUM usage (not heavy use!), right up until I went to bed at 10 and put it back on charge.

Is this the one??? (battery photos below)

I sourced this one. It just about fits the phone. I had to peel the battery label off at all 4 corners to get it in. It's fits in fine with standard Samsung back on. No bulge. I put in straight into my phone and charged it up to 100% then took it off charge and restarted the phone.

I'm not expecting amazing results on this first drain as I am more than aware it will take 3 to 4 cycles to gain it's full effectiveness. I am however expecting it to beat my standard battery display time on this first drain as it holda 34% more charge and then improve again after 3 more days use!

My stock Samsung battery lasts normally 4 hours display time with light to medium use. I have google location turned off, brighteness to auto and i am running gingerbread LA6. Full Samsung stock fresh out of the box. No root. No mods at all. And I have all the Samsung crap turned on and registered. I have google email with 2 accounts running. I play the odd game, and text and email like crazy. I used Ebay app heavily and also surf the Web lots. There are widgets on all 7 screens running and I always have a heavy usage live wallpaper running.

Phone finally starting to go flat... I will take screen shots of battery use and upload them. With my finally thoughts and finally 1st battery use screen shots as soon as it goes flat.

And obviously I'll look forward to your valued thoughts and views and make use of your experience as I'm new to this.......hopefully won't be too long!

Bye 4 now

1st day results in.

2nd day results in..

Photos of battery weights...

3Rd day results...

3250 video running test result

finally finished testing the batteries:
    conditions: plane mode, dark room (night), non-stop video on MX Player, brightness 0, volume 0
    batteries:
    1. stock 250mAh (weight 50g), after 2 months of heavy use
    2. gold 3250mAh from lovetomorrow (weight 50g), after 1 charging cycle
    running times:
    1. stock 2500mAh: 7:40:39 on battery
    2. gold 3250mAh: 7:50:50 on battery -> 2% longer than the stock one, well within error margin

screenshots attached

PS. rerun of test in post 416
    So you have one of these batteries have you? you've tested it have you? Your the one who's fake. Making unfounded statements you drongo

Really? I was explaining what the other guy meant by fake. Its no Mystery cheapo batteries are sold with "fake " ratings its a scam no need to get defensive due to your ignorance! I made no personal pokes at you and to respond like that proves your less than intelligent. My battery results with stock battery are better than yours so i dont need to own one to know its junk...

Enjoy spazzo

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Fair testing

Hey,

I see a lot discussion in here about these "Gold" 3250mAh. So, guess what, I did the testing. A reallife, straight forward one. I have no reason to lie ^^

My test is simple: put everything to heavy usage e.g. full brightness, GPS, WIFI, Sync on, SetCPU to performance 1.4Ghz etc. The goal: suck the battery as quick as possible. Then I charged to 100% and run Riptide GP 3D game on a loop run and leave the screen to always on.

Straight forward results with the battery I have:
    Gold 3250 mAh = ~3h10
    Samsun2500 mAh = ~3h10
    Anker 2600 mAh = ~3h10
    CS 5000m mAh (thick one) = ~6h30

There you have it. Hope it helps ^^

So, conclusion: what can you expect from a battery that weight the same, size the same and have the same technology as the Samsung one? well, the same capacity... You can dream of increased battery life in same weight and form factor, only if you have a better technology...

PS: so, with this Gold battery, if you feel you have more capacity on normal usage, then either it is a placebo effect, or you had a lighter usage than usual by coincidence...

Cheers,
    Denis
    I measured battery capacities using specialized device, which discharges the battery with the constant current. Knowing the current, time to discharge and monitoring battery voltage gives you real battery capacity. Battery with the claimed 3250 mAh capacity discharges quicker than the battery with 3000 mAh capacity, from a fully charged state at 4.2 V to 3.4V. In an attempt to get better sales some companies simply lie to their customers...