Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 41,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] Tablet (hard)resets itself upon bootup

Tip us?

thepop3
Old
(Last edited by thepop3; 17th May 2012 at 08:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Solved] Tablet (hard)resets itself upon bootup

Hi there,

I've got a huge problem with my Android Tablet. It's a cheap Chinese Allwinner (P76TI ?) 8" one. First it was working fine. I changed vold.fstab with a script to install apps rather on SD card than on the limited internal storage (the built in one was already split up into "int" and "ext" ). I also changed the build.prop to get access to more apps on Play. It was still doing fine and also survived several reboots after installing Chainfire3D.
Problem:
Suddenly it had reverted all settings when i booted it up. It was working but language settings, apps and more had vanished.
I have not touched any reset or whatsoever button. Even worse: it does not keep any settings! It will reset to this state every time i shut it down.
Next thing is, the internal memory is "gone". It says 0.0B available and 35MB used for apps. 2nd, 3rd, 4th memory are working fine.
It will only install very small apps. I could not get it to install Chainfire3D.

I have tried to replace the fstab with the original one but since i only used a prewritten script I don't know how it should look like. (And I don't know if this really causes the problem)
Through ADB I ran the cf3d_uninstall.sh, so that should be okay now.

I have no idea of how to solve this riddle. And I don't know how all of this is connected. Which, if any, of my changes caused it? And is the storage thing related to the loss of settings?

Please, could anyone help me?

This is how fstab looks like now. Should I just interchange the devices of the fiirst 2 lines?
Quote:
## -San Mehat (san@android.com)
##
#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#/devices/platform/awsmc.3/mmc_host for sdio
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0
EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Busybox seems to cause such problems with some of those cheap tablets.
A simple: ~mv /system/bin/busybox /system/bin in the ADB Shell solved all problems
The Following User Says Thank You to thepop3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TeeJay3800
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1604
The Following User Says Thank You to TeeJay3800 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe