No registration required

[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [BETA 2012-03-11]

OP Hashcode

14th May 2012, 10:24 AM   |  #1581  
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 43

144 posts
More
(Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT an expert.)

My understanding is that the reason these hurdles are not being dealt with is that we have gone just about as far as developers can go. These problems more or less exist across all Motorola phones running ICS.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, if Motorola unlocks the bootloader (I wont really pretend to know what that means, just know its the problem) OR if Motorola releases a stock ICS phone, then we may see significant gains. For now, I dont think there is much hope at all.

That said, Hashcode has done a huge amount! Was not that long ago BT and camera didnt work at all, now we just have BT unreliability, and no camcorder. That is impressive progress when you consider he has a JOB and a FAMILY.
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #1582  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 84

681 posts
More
There is also the possibility to use kexec to run a 3.+ kernel for a less limited ics build. I do totally agree, amazing what's been done so far in terms of backporting the OS to run on our kernel/phone.
14th May 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #1583  
Flag Calgary, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 6

115 posts
More
I just want to clarify my last post, I was in no way criticizing Hashcode, or any other developer. I think they have done amazing work and I am hugely appreciative of all their efforts. I was simply trying to get a better idea on where things stand, and what we should expect going forward.
Once again, I would like to extend a big thank you to Hashcode and everyone else who have helped get this to where we are today, and Iook forward to seeing where things go from here.
14th May 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #1584  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 583

1,801 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Joe

(Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am NOT an expert.)

My understanding is that the reason these hurdles are not being dealt with is that we have gone just about as far as developers can go. These problems more or less exist across all Motorola phones running ICS.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, if Motorola unlocks the bootloader (I wont really pretend to know what that means, just know its the problem) OR if Motorola releases a stock ICS phone, then we may see significant gains. For now, I dont think there is much hope at all.

That said, Hashcode has done a huge amount! Was not that long ago BT and camera didnt work at all, now we just have BT unreliability, and no camcorder. That is impressive progress when you consider he has a JOB and a FAMILY.

There are a couple locked moto phones that have advances. Like the kexec ones and i think its the Droid X or something that is locked and has the video camera working now. 720p recording i believe but dont quote that. I am completely grateful to the developers in all their work. I hope it doesnt seem that im not, i just gave my praise already lol. Not going to in every single post with a question
15th May 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #1585  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86

688 posts
More
If it's actually 720, I'd be so happy. The DX/2 only shoots 720, so being able to capture HD at max resolution would be great.
15th May 2012, 10:26 PM   |  #1586  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
More
I have some problems with the bilho
for many veses it back to 100% and battery life is gone
16th May 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #1587  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,348 posts
More
I have noticed an old bug reappeared now when I'm running CM9. Once phone have been used in a car dock, it can no longer go into deep sleep. Restart fixes the problem. The bug existed on XT860 as well as XT862 in the initial firmware. It was fixed in the first wave of firmware updates (the only wave for Bell XT860)

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk 2
17th May 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #1588  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,348 posts
More
Since now Droid 4 stock ICS has leaked - is there any chance that can be used to improve D3 CM9?
17th May 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #1589  
Thanks Meter: 177

730 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg

Since now Droid 4 stock ICS has leaked - is there any chance that can be used to improve D3 CM9?

Maybe, but most likely not. Remember that the Droid 4 leak includes a new kernel as well which does nothing for the Droid 3.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
18th May 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #1590  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
FC in Browser
in the nighties of May if you open browser and then goes to menu, receive a FC. I test with April 28 and this do not occur.

Also, whenever WiFi automatically switch off to preserver energy, do not come back until manually disable/enable.

very good job in CM9!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread