Developer Status Update
Just wanted to post an update of what I've been working on, for those of you who may be curious.
I've completely halted work on v0.0.4-RLS and instead have decided on a full rebase and rewrite for a proper release of version 1.0.0. This may sound like a lot of work and in a way it is, but most of it has already been done in versions 0.0.4-RC2 and below. Most of the more time consuming tasks, at least. My reasoning behind this is pretty simple.
There are things that I've been trying to achieve that cannot be neatly done with AlterROM (code) in it's current state, without requiring a lot of debugging and rewriting. Also, as time has progressed, the setup has grown more complex and it is much more difficult to add additional features without the code looking horribly spliced together. I hate ugly code, LOL.
So, here's what you can expect:
- New 4.67 base (tommytomatoe's optimized stock base)
- More customization options for Clean install
- Rolling distribution/Patch style Upgrade option (no more reinstalling each version)
- Separate Add-on/App Installer option in AROMA
- Separate App Removal option in AROMA
- More intuitive AROMA menu layout
- More dynamic customization options after install
- More uniform look (themed Sense apps & System UI)
- Odex & Deodex options
- Better performance/battery life
- All the mods from the current version
- More intuitive/standardized versioning system
No estimated release date, as of yet, but it is all coming together much faster than I had originally anticipated when the idea popped into my head. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.