5,600,182 Members 38,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which version of Quick Settings would you like to see in AlterROM?
Current Quick Settings Mod 4 5.63%
Tommytomatoe's Extended Quick Settings 13 18.31%
Both of the above as options in AROMA 52 73.24%
I don't want Quick Settings... 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][2012.06.20] AlterROM Redux v1.0.1 [4.67-Senseless][AROMA]

Tip us?

komteks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question SIP Internet Calling over 3G

I have SIP Internet Calling working over wi-fi but over 3G it does not work.

I found this post that explains what needs to be done:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1354838

Can you please enable SIP Internet Calling over 3G?

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertio View Post
Any way I can get the battery to show up on the task bar? Thanks

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
If you want the battery icon (stock), simply choose on of the Quick Settings versions w/o Battery Bar. I removed the battery icon only from the QS mods that have the battery bar integrated, because it was kinda redundant to have two types of battery indicators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
If you mean the battery life indicator found in the upper right corner of the screen on almost every other ROM, it's not included by default on this ROM. Instead you can try the one-pixel wide "battery bar" indicator (just launch the included "battery bar" app to turn it on). Or if you prefer the stock look, go back to post 120 of this thread (or somewhere prior to that) where it is explained how to find a flashable zip for this.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
You can change the size of the battery bar. I personally keep it set to 3 pixel thickness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komteks View Post
I have SIP Internet Calling working over wi-fi but over 3G it does not work.

I found this post that explains what needs to be done:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1354838

Can you please enable SIP Internet Calling over 3G?
Sure. I'll work it into the release.
My Projects | Donate
HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic): AlterROM Redux (DEPRECATED)
HTC Evo 4G LTE (Jewel): rEVOLTEd (Team Swag), AlterROM ELiTE (ON HOLD)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayn0de View Post
If you want the battery icon (stock), simply choose one of the Quick Settings versions w/o Battery Bar. I removed the battery icon only from the QS mods that have the battery bar integrated, because it was kinda redundant to have two types of battery indicators.
Choosing it in AROMA is much better than flashing the Sharing / Caring UOT battery mod I referred to: That one loses transparency in the notifications pulldown. Yours preserves transparency.

Meanwhile, kernel-wise, I don't know if it's unique to my phone or what, but if you simply flash the kernel without configuring any of the options (I don't even have SetCPU installed) Lionfish kicks the crap out of Underworld on this ROM. my idle time battery usage is zero. Last night running Aggressive Lionfish I took it off charger as soon as I saw the green light and this morning I had 97% battery. Underworld eats at least 10% overnight in the same conditions (poor CDMA signal, but strong WiFi and WiFi policy set to sleep never). For a person who does not want to mess around with "governors" etc, the clear choice is Lionfish.

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 502
The daily bump:

If you reinstall using "clean install" not only does it keep all your apps but dta2sd automatically moves your dalvik to your ext3 partition even if you didn't have it there before. You end up with crazy amounts of free space like 382 MB free. That's *with* 300 MB of apps installed.

I moved it back. I mean, it's slightly faster on internal and lord knows I have plenty of space...

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Wink Developer Status Update

Just wanted to post an update of what I've been working on, for those of you who may be curious.

I've completely halted work on v0.0.4-RLS and instead have decided on a full rebase and rewrite for a proper release of version 1.0.0. This may sound like a lot of work and in a way it is, but most of it has already been done in versions 0.0.4-RC2 and below. Most of the more time consuming tasks, at least. My reasoning behind this is pretty simple.

There are things that I've been trying to achieve that cannot be neatly done with AlterROM (code) in it's current state, without requiring a lot of debugging and rewriting. Also, as time has progressed, the setup has grown more complex and it is much more difficult to add additional features without the code looking horribly spliced together. I hate ugly code, LOL.

So, here's what you can expect:
- New 4.67 base (tommytomatoe's optimized stock base)
- More customization options for Clean install
- Rolling distribution/Patch style Upgrade option (no more reinstalling each version)
- Separate Add-on/App Installer option in AROMA
- Separate App Removal option in AROMA
- More intuitive AROMA menu layout
- More dynamic customization options after install
- More uniform look (themed Sense apps & System UI)
- Odex & Deodex options
- Better performance/battery life
- All the mods from the current version
- More intuitive/standardized versioning system
- ???

No estimated release date, as of yet, but it is all coming together much faster than I had originally anticipated when the idea popped into my head. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress.
My Projects | Donate
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

volk9029
Old
Thanks Meter 2421
If you need tester, i am here.

Sent by the future owner of the HTC phone the government doesn't want me to have.
The Following User Says Thank You to volk9029 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bulloc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
FM radio please?

Samsung Galaxy S3
HTC Evo 4G

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulloc View Post
FM radio please?

The app I can do. Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volk9029 View Post
If you need tester, i am here.

Sent by the future owner of the HTC phone the government doesn't want me to have.
Thanks! I'll PM you when I start beta testing.

My Projects | Donate
The Following User Says Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NxNW
Old
Thanks Meter 502
I looked at the OP of Tommy's thread and it's a little out of date and besides I couldn't make any sense of what *was* there anyway. Is re-basing on Tommy's ROM more for convenience or is it actually superior to stock? I presume both. Are there a couple key improvements in Tommy's base that could be enumerated or is it just too many to count by now?

grayn0de
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
I looked at the OP of Tommy's thread and it's a little out of date and besides I couldn't make any sense of what *was* there anyway. Is re-basing on Tommy's ROM more for convenience or is it actually superior to stock? I presume both. Are there a couple key improvements in Tommy's base that could be enumerated or is it just too many to count by now?
It"s really only as outdated as the 4.67 RUU. All optimizations are listed in that OP.

The current version of AlterROM is only about 90% as optimized as Tommy's base is as far as the files go. Granted I've added build.prop and sysctl tweaks to AlterROM that give it a better boost (gleened from Smurf Tweaks and others), but I never finished all the base file optimizations I wanted to. I chose to re-base with the optimized 4.67 build to save time and energy repeating the same modifications. I only based the current version of AlterROM on the RUU because I wanted to learn exactly what optimizations Tommy did and how. I use this as a constant learning experience.

Not only does this save time for me, since I am basically building a whole new ROM (with the same ideas), but the release should be even faster than the current version.

My Projects | Donate

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grayn0de For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
aroma, choose your own, non-sense, optimized, senseless