Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 51,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Kernel for ICS on G2x?

Tip us?
 
b_Rich
Old
#1  
b_Rich's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AtlantA
Lightbulb [Q] Best Kernel for ICS on G2x?

I've recently flashed to an ICS rom, and I am now trying to figure out what the best kernel is to run with it (I'd really like to see one that maximizes battery life.) If you are running ICS, would you mind please posting what ROM you are using and what Kernel you have along with it. Also, take a second to explain the pros and cons of that Kernel so we may all make more informed decisions as we prepare to potentially flash one...

Thank you kindly!
 
jab74101
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 238
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: san antonio

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_Rich View Post
I've recently flashed to an ICS rom, and I am now trying to figure out what the best kernel is to run with it (I'd really like to see one that maximizes battery life.) If you are running ICS, would you mind please posting what ROM you are using and what Kernel you have along with it. Also, take a second to explain the pros and cons of that Kernel so we may all make more informed decisions as we prepare to potentially flash one...

Thank you kindly!
I would say Faux123 its a good kernel and its good for a good battery life.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
 
Gilligan87
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 44
Join Date: Sep 2011
Does faux123 support voodoo sound? Also is it compatible with Hellfire?
 
jab74101
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 238
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: san antonio

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan87 View Post
Does faux123 support voodoo sound? Also is it compatible with Hellfire?
I believe Hellfire already added faux kernel in the newest rom 1.4 check this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1501667

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
 
b_Rich
Old
#5  
b_Rich's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: AtlantA
it does appear he did....thanks for that! ...and I'm still up for any other suggestions floating around out there.
 
Gilligan87
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 44
Join Date: Sep 2011
Is anyone else getting really choppy video playback with this rom?
 
vishousv
Old
#7  
vishousv's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_Rich View Post
I've recently flashed to an ICS rom, and I am now trying to figure out what the best kernel is to run with it (I'd really like to see one that maximizes battery life.) If you are running ICS, would you mind please posting what ROM you are using and what Kernel you have along with it. Also, take a second to explain the pros and cons of that Kernel so we may all make more informed decisions as we prepare to potentially flash one...

Thank you kindly!
Mr. Apocalypse uses Harsh's kernel for Genesis. Owain uses Harsh's kernel for his ICS build. x0xhellx0x uses Faux's kernel for Hellfire Sandwich. I think you can use those as starting point. I like Morfic's Trinity kernel because you can OC to 1560.
 
ciscisc
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 11
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligan87 View Post
Is anyone else getting really choppy video playback with this rom?
Everyone is. NVIDIA has yet to release ICS drivers... so there is sub optimal video on all ICS builds.
We await the official release.
 
hypemanisus
Old
(Last edited by hypemanisus; 18th May 2012 at 04:01 AM.)
#9  
hypemanisus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 576
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh
i would recomment the harsh kernel 1505 oc i love it smooth nice battery. i'm against faux it's good in battery and fast, but when you try doing too many stuff it starts hanging
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1567097

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes