Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

No extra charge for tethering with the Nokia Lumia 900???

14th April 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblog

Is this happening after the update ??? or before ? I am on Rogers and i my house is on the border of LTE area i guess ..

So when i go to one room i get 3G and Tethering wont work

Then when i come another room i get LTE with one bar and then tethering works !!!

Now after switching rooms i always check my IE9 Mobile works first and then i turn on sharing ...

And i also rarely see 4G .. its either 3G or LTE ..

mine hasn't been updated yet. rogers hasn't rolled it out... if your firmware is 8107 still you didn't receive the update yet.

were not sure if the update will fix this issue or if its for something else. however I am pretty sure this will get fixed. lte in Canada is limited to like 5 cities. they cant expect people to only use internet sharing when in those areas...
14th April 2012, 08:16 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seed 2.0

I don't understand why they don't just let people tether on their plan. I have the Unlimited plan for $30, it gets throttled at 5GB, so let me tether and get to that 5GB faster, maybe I need it enough I will change to 5GB plan and pay the extra $10 per GB. If on a 3GB plan and tethering you could get past the 3GB and start paying extra $10 per GB. At$t must no have confidence in there network holding up to tethering.

Exactly my sentiments. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Why do I have to be on the largest data plan to tether. The 3GB plan is still capped, what does it matter if I use all 3GB on my phone or on my computer connected to my phone. Blah.
19th April 2012, 04:22 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Yeah, I will not pay the $50 At&t charges for having a tethering plan. I will wait for someone to open this up to use it on any data plan. They charge you anyways if you go over, so what is the big deal?
19th April 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #34  

4 posts
Rogers Tethering
I'm on Canada's Rogers network with the lumia 900. Tried tethering yesterday, didn't seem to require me to do anything extra - worked great, I am on a real basic data plan, 500mb/mth.
20th April 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkomanchow

I'm on Canada's Rogers network with the lumia 900. Tried tethering yesterday, didn't seem to require me to do anything extra - worked great, I am on a real basic data plan, 500mb/mth.

2 questions...

1. Are you on an LTE plan? And if not, do you know if you were given an LTE enabled sim card? I think you are most likelt LTE enabled as Rogers offers a 500 MB LTe plan

2. Is your Lumia 900's firmware 8107 or 8112?
20th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #36  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disolitude

2 questions...

1. Are you on an LTE plan? And if not, do you know if you were given an LTE enabled sim card? I think you are most likelt LTE enabled as Rogers offers a 500 MB LTe plan

2. Is your Lumia 900's firmware 8107 or 8112?

1. Yes I dont know if im on the LTE plan, because i just joined a "data plan". I checked my phone's bandwidth with an app and it showed around 25mbps in around the markham area, and around 10 in vaughan. I was given an LTE enabled sim card, that sales guy had to look all over for one. yes i have the 500mb plan.

2. 8107. Rogers have not released the 8112 yet, they say around the 20th we would get (which is today), but some people also indicated that engineers says 23rd.
21st April 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #37  

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkomanchow

1. Yes I dont know if im on the LTE plan, because i just joined a "data plan". I checked my phone's bandwidth with an app and it showed around 25mbps in around the markham area, and around 10 in vaughan. I was given an LTE enabled sim card, that sales guy had to look all over for one. yes i have the 500mb plan.

2. 8107. Rogers have not released the 8112 yet, they say around the 20th we would get (which is today), but some people also indicated that engineers says 23rd.

I have a Rogers Lumia 900 unlocked and on Bell right now and just checked in Zune and there is still no update yet so I would expect it next week for sure. My firmware is still 8107 too.
17th May 2012, 07:04 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 3

97 posts
I have it on AT&T Unlimited $30 plan, don't let me do internet sharing either... Any way around it yet?
18th May 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #39  
Flag Endwell, NY
Thanks Meter: 15

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranwpi

I have it on AT&T Unlimited $30 plan, don't let me do internet sharing either... Any way around it yet?

I hope so soon, though with my corporate discount it only ends up being $39.50/mo for 5GB & Tethering vs $30/mo for 3GB no tethering (they don't discount the 3GB plan for whatever reason)
10th October 2012, 11:31 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 22

233 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackey

I'm on a Rogers student plan with the Lumia 900. (~500MB I think...) While I haven't connected anything to Internet Sharing yet, I was able to enable it and mess with the settings.

Sorry to bump this thread. As anyone manage to find a work around yet? Im on my philippines trip and im using my galaxy note to browse this forum right now. My note is Using the lumia 900 internet connection. This is the second time i managed to use it. I have also encountered the at&t restriction. When i go back to vegas i will try it out. If i do manage to enable it when i get back, will at&t detect it and automatically put the $50 extra in my account? Before i got the nokia lumia 900, i always use tethering with my android phones without getting hit with an extra charge

edit: while i was in the philippines i was able to tether multiple times using a non-at&t simcard. but now that i am back in the USA, theres just no way in getting internet sharing turned on for free.
Last edited by simpl3lang; 15th October 2012 at 02:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread