No registration required

[Baseband][P990] Complete Baseband overview thread

OP tonyp

17th May 2012, 08:02 PM   |  #31  
Flag Bergisch-Gladbach
Thanks Meter: 7

43 posts
More
Hi here is the latest vodafone branded firmeware V20E. I don't know whether the same baseband is included as in V20q but maybe you can extract and add it to complete this thread.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0_...0ExbVlHV2Nod28
Last edited by ChRYs73; 17th May 2012 at 08:25 PM.
17th May 2012, 09:00 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 13

78 posts
More
Thanks a lot for this great article. It's magnific!
17th May 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #33  
OP Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter: 33,725

4,795 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRYs73

Hi here is the latest vodafone branded firmeware V20E. I don't know whether the same baseband is included as in V20q but maybe you can extract and add it to complete this thread.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0_...0ExbVlHV2Nod28

I extracted it and got another md5 sum. I'll try to get more info and put it in the OP later on.

To do it I used LGExtract.exe, which will always give me 4 fls files.
Actually I don't know how to extract Basebands to get them in a single format like "LGP990AT-00-V20e-454-XXX-DEC-13-2011.fls" - can anybody help me out here and explain where these come from? And is there an easy way to get the RIL out of the kdz-file?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 964

1,091 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp

Actually I don't know how to extract Basebands to get them in a single format like "LGP990AT-00-V20e-454-XXX-DEC-13-2011.fls" - can anybody help me out here and explain where these come from? And is there an easy way to get the RIL out of the kdz-file?

Thanks.

I can swear I read about that not long ago, but can't seem to find the thread. Anyway, this thread details how to extract stuff from a kdz, create a mountable ext3-image from it (and a link to a prog which can mount it on windows), so at least you'll be able to extract the ril from any kdz.

The baseband, however, is still in four files, trying to re-find the post I mentioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrymHansen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #35  

4,795 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrymHansen

The baseband, however, is still in four files, trying to re-find the post I mentioned.

I heard that most people don't flash all 4 files (from small to big filesize) but only the biggest file, which seems to work.
But it's still another format then the other basebands which are floating around. I hope you'll find that thread
17th May 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 14

76 posts
Does anybody know if the 725 baseband of LG's v20r (recent release, greece/netherlands) is any different from v20q 725 baseband ? Thanks in advance. ( I suppose it is identical, but not sure)
17th May 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #37  
Flag Novi Sad
Thanks Meter: 14

189 posts
Just flashed BB 0824, which seems to be better in Serbia, and having in mind that my phone is made in Korea.

Testing, will post some impressions...
17th May 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 964

1,091 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp

I heard that most people don't flash all 4 files (from small to big filesize) but only the biggest file, which seems to work.
But it's still another format then the other basebands which are floating around. I hope you'll find that thread

It seems to work within the same "family" of basebands. I just flashed only the "big" file from a 20Q baseband on top of a SU660BB, and that definitely did not work well. The four files belong together, and should be flashed together.

(I tried mixing and matching some months ago, to see if I could get the "sound" of the SU660 BB, but the functionality of P990 BB. Couldn't get a single combination to work.)
The Following User Says Thank You to TrymHansen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #39  

4,795 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrymHansen

It seems to work within the same "family" of basebands. I just flashed only the "big" file from a 20Q baseband on top of a SU660BB, and that definitely did not work well. The four files belong together, and should be flashed together.

(I tried mixing and matching some months ago, to see if I could get the "sound" of the SU660 BB, but the functionality of P990 BB. Couldn't get a single combination to work.)

Okay this would make sense because the md5 sums from the smaller files do match sometimes. Then it would be great to get the "single fls" files somehow. There has to be another method because using the one we discussed above will even generate 4 fls files for the older v10x kdzs.
18th May 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 5

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander-m

Does anybody know if the 725 baseband of LG's v20r (recent release, greece/netherlands) is any different from v20q 725 baseband ? Thanks in advance. ( I suppose it is identical, but not sure)

They are identical.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, ril
Previous Thread Next Thread