FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Flashing tutorial for dummies [ICS SGS TEAM ROM]

121 posts
Thanks Meter: 272

By psyqiq, Senior Member on 13th February 2012, 01:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th May 2012, 06:53 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
THANKS LOTS! I was having problems with flashing ans stuff (I'm new to that all) and this guide explaind everything very clearly.

17th May 2012, 11:54 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well, i came from the F1 GB room and everything's working fine but i have two problems. First the camera doesnt detect the SD card (none of them ext or int) and i still cant find the modem that works with my sim, i found one that works with movistar but i need one thtat works with telcel, could someone help me please
18th May 2012, 06:54 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joooch

Well, i came from the F1 GB room and everything's working fine but i have two problems. First the camera doesnt detect the SD card (none of them ext or int) and i still cant find the modem that works with my sim, i found one that works with movistar but i need one thtat works with telcel, could someone help me please

What do you mean a modem that works with your SIM? As in you have no GSM or hsdpa signal?

Trolled from my GT-I9000 using XDA
19th May 2012, 08:38 AM |#154  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcantfixit

What do you mean a modem that works with your SIM? As in you have no GSM or hsdpa signal?

no =/ any gsm signal, it just says no service.. i tried restoring my GB backup with CWM and it said something like "failed to restore image" and now it gets stuck in the i9000t screen I cant even access recovery just download x,x
19th May 2012, 11:16 AM |#155  

More
Flash via Odin the GB rom then get an app called nitrality from market. Backup efs/ folder. Then flash ICS.

If problem persists then restore the efs folder

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcantfixit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2012, 06:33 PM |#156  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcantfixit

Flash via Odin the GB rom then get an app called nitrality from market. Backup efs/ folder. Then flash ICS.

If problem persists then restore the efs folder

any version of GB right? thanks in advance !
19th May 2012, 08:09 PM |#157  

More
I'd recommend a stock version. XXJVU is what I came from.

The Following User Says Thank You to jimcantfixit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2012, 09:00 PM |#158  

More
Thanks i did so, following this guide and now i have ICS perfectly working on my Galaxy s
The Following User Says Thank You to joooch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2012, 12:16 PM |#159  

More
Thank you very much for the very user friendly guide! I haven't flashed a rom in ages and in the vast forrest of roms I simply didn't know where to start. This has helped a lot! Much appreciated!
1st June 2012, 01:35 PM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi !
First of all, thanks for this guide very clear
But I've a problem with the ROM+kernel+ODIN download : I downloaded it twice, and each time winrar says "Unexpected end of archive" ... Is there a problem with the file ? I just installed the last version of winrar.

Edit : it's all right ! It seems that the problem was from my internet connection at work !
Last edited by Kagoo; 4th June 2012 at 12:59 PM.
13th July 2012, 12:48 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
password?
Hi, i'm sorry but after this step:

• When the phone reboots into the rom, wait for the setup wizard to appear and then just use the 3 key combo into the download mode again.
Close Odin and open it again> press PDA button and browse for CF-Root…file> Press START button and wait for the green pass notification in Odin.

it keaps asking me to confirm a password, and do not exit this menu... what password??

please help! thank you!

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flashing, guide, icssgs, onecosmic, tutorial
Previous Thread Next Thread