[KERNEL] HO!NO! Palace...

OP HO!NO!

18th May 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #71  
Thanks Meter: 7

12 posts
Need kernel for L-01D
Can you help me creat kernel for L-01D, the original L-01D boot.img in the link below

mediafire.com/?33yq77w1vm5w4jb
18th May 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #72  
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 350

1,265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsalan

Why is your min set at 1ghz?! You're killing your battery at idle!

I like the phone to be as lag less as possible without having to be at a high clock rate. i tried 1Ghz and its working for me. Now when i saw this, i moved it to 368Mhz, and right away i noticed general operations to have little lag.
18th May 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,726 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosizzz

I like the phone to be as lag less as possible without having to be at a high clock rate. i tried 1Ghz and its working for me. Now when i saw this, i moved it to 368Mhz, and right away i noticed general operations to have little lag.

What governor are you using?
18th May 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 149

673 posts
He's probably using a conservative/battery saving governor. Performance will be ****ty with those governors. I flip between using ondemand and interactive (I still haven't decided which I like better).
19th May 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #75  
Flag Blackmist Town
Thanks Meter: 350

1,265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumist

What governor are you using?

I was using ondemand governor. Now ive moved up to about 504Mhz on both cores (to have minimum 1Ghz) and i switched to interactive. It lags only when opening up new apps as the phone processes that at 504Mhz, but then it jumps to 1.8Ghz, so its all smooth from there
22nd May 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 129

341 posts
Donate to Me
More
HONO!

Your Box.com account is out of bandwidth! I believe you used to used google docs to host your kernels? You get unlimited download bandwith with them, so might I suggest going back to that?

Also I really appreciate the work you are trying to do for us! I know you must be a busy guy, but I was hoping you could help those of us who your 1.83GHz kernel doesnt work for with a kernel that allows us to edit init.d for voltages and OC for us to test our stability at different settings.

Thanks a lot,

Hereric.
22nd May 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #77  
Flag Clifton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 82

863 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereric

HONO!

Your Box.com account is out of bandwidth! I believe you used to used google docs to host your kernels? You get unlimited download bandwith with them, so might I suggest going back to that?

Also I really appreciate the work you are trying to do for us! I know you must be a busy guy, but I was hoping you could help those of us who your 1.83GHz kernel doesnt work for with a kernel that allows us to edit init.d for voltages and OC for us to test our stability at different settings.

Thanks a lot,

Hereric.

Yup, your box is out of bandwidth Was gonna download the CM9 kernel but can't. Please fix Also, I haven't been following the progress of this thread, but is there anything I need to know about installing this with Arcee's CM9? Thanks!
22nd May 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 129

341 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I was wondering. If I make a backup with this kernel and CM9 set to (set this clock speed on boot), can I restore the boot sector from the backup and get back to the kernel with the clock speed that I know works? Currently I'm slowly incrementing the clock speed and running benchmarks to test stability, but having to reflash everything every time it starts bootlooping is getting frustrating.

Again, a version of the kernel that defaults to 1.5GHz and allows the user to set the actual overclock value would be awesome. Sorry for bugging you so much HONO!, its just you're the only person who has the power to make my phone not suck!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariuz23

Yup, your box is out of bandwidth Was gonna download the CM9 kernel but can't. Please fix Also, I haven't been following the progress of this thread, but is there anything I need to know about installing this with Arcee's CM9? Thanks!

Install CM9, install GAPPS, install kernel
Last edited by hereric; 22nd May 2012 at 08:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hereric For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #80  
OP Senior Member
Flag Québec
Thanks Meter: 850

643 posts
Donate to Me
More
@ hereric

I can't use init.d script to assign voltage and mhz, the only way is to build this in the kernel.

I just try from the start (wipe everything-install lastest nightly reboot and apply my kernel without any backup app like titanium or cm9 backup cloud thing) and i was surprise that it was at 1512 mhz and not 1836 mhz like i was thinking...

just to let you know some device (not mine btw) are able to go further than 1836.. 2052 is the max value i seen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread