[ROM][CM7][2.3.7] LewaOS [P5] [Very Fast] 19/05

Search This thread

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
##################################################################################################
##################################################################################################
LewaOS ROM (with gapps) PORT
for Samsung Galaxy S WiFi/Player 5.0 Only

English & Chinese version only

Thanks to @SirRhor for testing this ROM on the USA device and it working :)

Thanks to:

-Lewa Team
-Cyanogenmod team
-blindndumb (Guide/tips)
-Jaekar99 (Boot animation)
-Ambrice (CM7 Port)
-st@matis (Init.d tweaks)
-XDA Forums for helping my know :)

Features:

-GAPPS pre-installed
-Tweaked ALOT by me (init.d tweaks/build prop/general)
-Smooth and amazingly fast
-based of CM7 android 2.3.7
-Looks great, themes available
-DPI of 200
-Fixed Market for any DPI settings
-Custom boot animation
-added apps like ES file explorer
-YouTube HD 720p App
-Took some stock apps out that dont work
-200+ MB RAM free
-Very very fast
-full customization by user
-Press on statusbur anywhere,u will see software keys
-Custom UI
-Paginated toggles in status-bar
-task killer button in statusbar
-Advance Power menu e.g. screenshot/reboot recovery etc
-Power management App
-1.2ghz cfq Conservative stock
-Vibration works

Not working:

-Video Camera (STILL IMAGES ARE WORKING)
-Wireless issues (Just be patient upon trying to connect)
-Lights on the Buttons?

screenshot_1337434413382.png
screenshot_1337428589335.png
screenshot_1337434424119.png
screenshot_1337434322130.png
screenshot_1337429439813.png
screenshot_1337428671043.png
screenshot_1337428643449.png
screenshot_1337428632815.png
screenshot_1337428556775.png
screenshot_1337441167255.png

Installation instructions:

1.Put ROM file .zip onto SD card
2. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache
3. Install ZIP from SD card / ZIP has Gapps pre installed as well
4.Reboot ( May take a while first time be patient)
5.Done

SKIP Google account and then go into settings and connect to wifi and then add Google account via setting app. ( See video below)

Any improvements to suggest or problems feel free to say :)

Please do not MIRROR.

Installation Video:

Review video:

--------------------
19/05/2012-----
V1. First Release

---FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK---

Last edited:

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
Can you make a phone hack? So whatsapp will work on the player

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

SirRhor

Thank you for the release. I was wondering if development for the 5.0 stopped. I will try it tonight on my US device and report back.

One question, would you mind sharing the method you used to fix the Market when you change the DPI to 200?. I change it to that value as well but only after I installed all the apps I want; trying to install new apps after the DPI changes is a no no.

Sent from my YP-G70

Reactions: Rueben_

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
Hi Rueban can you post the YouTube 720 p HD apk I would like to try it and I subscribed on YouTube :)

Yep no problem here you go simply put in /system/app you can use ADB method or file explorer your choice :) Link to download apk

Thank you for the release. I was wondering if development for the 5.0 stopped. I will try it tonight on my US device and report back.

One question, would you mind sharing the method you used to fix the Market when you change the DPI to 200?. I change it to that value as well but only after I installed all the apps I want trying to install new apps after the DPI changes is a no no.

Sent from my YP-G70

Ha yea i was thinking that as well. I plan to see if I can port more great roms to this device but im at college at the minute so will have to wait a few weeks. :) Yea i found here are the two files i changed the market (vending) and Googleservicesframework. Feel free to take a look at them. I cant take credit for this though I found them by anonymous on a web forums :)

File1
File2

These files will b installed in /system/app and will work with any dpi. They make the market think that the dpi is 240.

No sorry im a porter not a dev. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: heat361

SirRhor

Thank you for the reply.

I have an observation. In the description you state that US users should apply the ROM and then the proper kernel (Entropy's Daily Driver?).
Shouldn't be the kernel first and then the ROM?

Newcomers might get confused. :)

Sent from my YP-G70

Last edited:

EcHoFiiVe

Jan 29, 2012
Mundelein. IL
Hey Rueben do you mind telling me/linking me to the method of porting you used for LewaOS? I want to port JoyOS to our Galaxy Players and I'm pretty shure that the porting methods are the same. Thanks in advance, peace.
-EcHoFiiVe

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
Yep no problem here you go simply put in /system/app you can use ADB method or file explorer your choice :) Link to download apk

Ha yea i was thinking that as well. I plan to see if I can port more great roms to this device but im at college at the minute so will have to wait a few weeks. :) Yea i found here are the two files i changed the market (vending) and Googleservicesframework. Feel free to take a look at them. I cant take credit for this though I found them by anonymous on a web forums :)

File1
File2

These files will b installed in /system/app and will work with any dpi. They make the market think that the dpi is 240.

Well if you want you can ask from erygit to help you with this. He know how to do phone hack

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
Thank you for the reply.

I have an observation. In the description you state that US users should apply the ROM and then the proper kernel (Entropy's Daily Driver?).
Shouldn't be the kernel first and then the ROM?

Newcomers might get confused. :)

Sent from my YP-G70

Im pretty sure your supposed to flash the kernel after because the rom contains the wrong kernel. On my Galaxy s2 I always flash a particular kernel after because the rom contains a different one. :)

Hey Rueben do you mind telling me/linking me to the method of porting you used for LewaOS? I want to port JoyOS to our Galaxy Players and I'm pretty shure that the porting methods are the same. Thanks in advance, peace.
-EcHoFiiVe

Yep here's the link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1623464 Although this only ports the ROM over. You will need to remove apps, edit buid prop, add tweaks e.g. init.d and remove junk like phone service. :)

the US capacitive buttons dont seem to be working with this rom :(

Have you tried flashing Entropys kernel after flashing the ROM.

Last edited:

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
Yeah, I just noticed the big "AOSP" on the title, haha.

EDIT: I wiped everything, flash the ROM, then Entropy's kernel and it doesn't boot. :(

Sent from my YP-G70
Ok thanks fir trying, ive just made a new ROM that i Think should work for the USA version. Heres the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tfsykmm80zqymgo

Try booting straight after flashing the ROM and if that does not work try flashing the kernel after flashing the ROM. Please get back to me on how it works thanks. :)

Note that the version i am asking you to flash is not final, e.g. it does not have tweaks etc.

Reactions: SirRhor

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

EDIT: I wiped everything, flash the ROM, then Entropy's kernel and it doesn't boot. :(

Sent from my YP-G70

Cm7 uses a different initramfs than stock, so you can't use entropy's kernel since this is based off of cm7. You have to stick with the kernel included with this rom.

Sent using Tapatalk

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
Cm7 uses a different initramfs than stock, so you can't use entropy's kernel since this is based off of cm7. You have to stick with the kernel included with this rom.

Sent using Tapatalk
Yea this ROM is CM7 based sorry had to clear that up. Also could some please try flashing this ROM for the USA version thanks :)

Heres the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tfsykmm80zqymgo

EDIT: I can really do anything with this ROM unitl I know if the version above works with the USA version :(

But in the meantime I have JOYOS Ported to our device, and all seems to be working well, no FC etc:)

IMG_20120520_165202.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bluntsworth

SirRhor

Ok thanks fir trying, ive just made a new ROM that i Think should work for the USA version. Heres the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tfsykmm80zqymgo

Try booting straight after flashing the ROM and if that does not work try flashing the kernel after flashing the ROM. Please get back to me on how it works thanks. :)

Note that the version i am asking you to flash is not final, e.g. it does not have tweaks etc.

I get this error when I try to install it:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade"
E:Error in /sdcard/LeWa_ROM_v1.USA.VERSION.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

When I reinstalled the first version you uploaded without Entropy's kernel, it booted, but to tell you the truth, it has many cellphone related visual features for my taste.

I hope it helps.

Rueben_

Aug 1, 2011
I get this error when I try to install it:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "blade" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade"
E:Error in /sdcard/LeWa_ROM_v1.USA.VERSION.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

When I reinstalled the first version you uploaded without Entropy's kernel, it booted, but to tell you the truth, it has many cellphone related visual features for my taste.

I hope it helps.
So the version in the Original posted worked but the version specially for the USA did not yes? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LewaOS ROM (with gapps) PORT
    for Samsung Galaxy S WiFi/Player 5.0 Only

English & Chinese version only

Thanks to @SirRhor for testing this ROM on the USA device and it working :)

Thanks to:

-Lewa Team
    -Cyanogenmod team
    -blindndumb (Guide/tips)
    -Jaekar99 (Boot animation)
    -Ambrice (CM7 Port)
    -st@matis (Init.d tweaks)
    -XDA Forums for helping my know :)

Features:

-GAPPS pre-installed
    -Tweaked ALOT by me (init.d tweaks/build prop/general)
    -Smooth and amazingly fast
    -based of CM7 android 2.3.7
    -Looks great, themes available
    -DPI of 200
    -Fixed Market for any DPI settings
    -Custom boot animation
    -added apps like ES file explorer
    -YouTube HD 720p App
    -Took some stock apps out that dont work
    -200+ MB RAM free
    -Very very fast
    -full customization by user
    -Press on statusbur anywhere,u will see software keys
    -Custom UI
    -Paginated toggles in status-bar
    -task killer button in statusbar
    -Advance Power menu e.g. screenshot/reboot recovery etc
    -Power management App
    -1.2ghz cfq Conservative stock
    -Vibration works

Not working:

-Video Camera (STILL IMAGES ARE WORKING)
    -Wireless issues (Just be patient upon trying to connect)
    -Lights on the Buttons?

screenshot_1337434413382.png
    screenshot_1337428589335.png
    screenshot_1337434424119.png
    screenshot_1337434322130.png
    screenshot_1337429439813.png
    screenshot_1337428671043.png
    screenshot_1337428643449.png
    screenshot_1337428632815.png
    screenshot_1337428556775.png
    screenshot_1337441167255.png

Installation instructions:

1.Put ROM file .zip onto SD card
    2. Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache
    3. Install ZIP from SD card / ZIP has Gapps pre installed as well
    4.Reboot ( May take a while first time be patient)
    5.Done

SKIP Google account and then go into settings and connect to wifi and then add Google account via setting app. ( See video below)

Any improvements to suggest or problems feel free to say :)

Please do not MIRROR.

Installation Video:

Review video:

--------------------
    19/05/2012-----
    V1. First Release

---FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK---
    Hi Rueban can you post the YouTube 720 p HD apk I would like to try it and I subscribed on YouTube :)

One question, would you mind sharing the method you used to fix the Market when you change the DPI to 200?. I change it to that value as well but only after I installed all the apps I want; trying to install new apps after the DPI changes is a no no.

Sent from my YP-G70

One question, would you mind sharing the method you used to fix the Market when you change the DPI to 200?. I change it to that value as well but only after I installed all the apps I want trying to install new apps after the DPI changes is a no no.

Sent from my YP-G70

File1
    File2

Sent from my YP-G70