[PATCH] ICS Call echo FIX + [potential] car dock audio fix (Update II - 04/30/12)

Search This thread

asainz320

Oct 7, 2010
Miami
+1 for this fix to be implemented on CM9/AOKP ROMs!!! Thank you VERY much for all the hard work, just letting you know it is greatly appreciated!!!

thatlaoboi

Nov 21, 2011
AOKP

I got the phone to boot, but it gets stuck on the "Android is updating" box thing. I really wish that it would work on AOKP. Soooo. +1 for AOKP :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR AT&T LEAK BASED ROMS ONLY. NOT FOR CM9 or gingerbread!!!

Hi all,

No more call echo ;)

This fix uses the proper T989 audio parameters so noise suppression actually works like it should (car dock should work too in theory). On top of that is Samsung Diamond Voice Engine which really makes calls sound great.

It fixes the issue at the core, within the audio libraries. The audio paramaters and noise cancelling routines now work as they should.

UPDATED
    I think I finally fixed this f$cking issue once and for all. For real this time. Try out the newest update I have attached to this post (Diamonds.zip)
    This patch is a breed of libraries from the Galaxy Note and the Galaxy Blaze. It took me a very long time to put it together. But with a lot of work and hex digging I found the perfect combination.

I don't even think T-Mobile's ROM is going to sound this good ;)

You might still have to turn down your volume a notch if you have a troublesome case, but I am going to make a bold statement and say that this should fix the problem for a 90% portion of you :)

Also--by its nature--this newest patch should fix the car dock audio problems. I can't test it to confirm. Please let me know if it does.

Report back with results!

Devs you are free to use. Credit is all I ask :) I spent lots of time on this and not enough time working on a project due tomorrow >_<

To the kind folks that donated to me in the past few days. thank you and I will thank you personally and address my PMs too. Been on and off the grid because of finals.

Cheers
    Yaldak

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727-IcyS using xda premium
    +1 here. Please yaldak try it for CM9 if you can. I just can't leave stock ICS..
    Thanks.

I'll see what I can do, most likely in the morning. Today I have to celebrate my birthday first :D
    OK

I hereby declare this issue fixed..
    If the following patch doesn't work, I don't know what will.

This took me countless hours today. It's literally a hybrid breed between files from the Galaxy Blaze, and the Galaxy Note. I've incorporated Samsung's Diamond Voice engine...and I'm not going to lie it sounds pretty damn good :)

I did over 10+ test calls to test this...and all callers reported no echo. I started to investigate further because I got some reports of the echo from the last patch.

But this should be the nail in the coffin.

See the OP for an update in about 2 minutes. You can flash this at any time.
    Flash away on TDJs ROM. His solution works in a way that won't interfere.

This can be modified for Gingerbread I might be able to get to it later. However I will not test it.

Contacts missing from the dialer was one of the first few pet peeves I fixed

Sent from Icy S using xda premium
    Round 3 is in progress
    Check back in a bit.