[Q] Some problem with wifi connections on Desire S

OP DenisVasilenko

9th March 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saratov
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Hi, I'm a new user, and therefore can not write in the subject line of the developer. Solution is not found so I ask here.

When you connect to WiFi can not connect. Access point settings on display to automatically issue ip. Phone wrote: get ip address. nothing else happens

I tried to configure a static ip address: I find the network enter the password, there is a Connection of 2-3 seconds and then the phone WiFi off and then turn on and so is repeated until you delete the network.

sometimes connected.

What's happend?

HTC Desire S
Rom: IceColdSandwich 5.0

This problem was on:IceColdSandwich 4.2,4.3b
10th March 2012, 10:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag berlin
Thanks Meter: 339

1,072 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisVasilenko

Hi, I'm a new user, and therefore can not write in the subject line of the developer. Solution is not found so I ask here.

When you connect to WiFi can not connect. Access point settings on display to automatically issue ip. Phone wrote: get ip address. nothing else happens

I tried to configure a static ip address: I find the network enter the password, there is a Connection of 2-3 seconds and then the phone WiFi off and then turn on and so is repeated until you delete the network.

sometimes connected.

What's happend?

HTC Desire S
Rom: IceColdSandwich 5.0

This problem was on:IceColdSandwich 4.2,4.3b

Hey I'm using the same ROM like you. Try to restart your wifi hotspot or router. I think this will solve your problem. Also you could try to clean install the ROM (wipe etc..) And use the latest 5.1.
Your wifi should work then

Sent by my fingers to your head.
Last edited by eyahl; 10th March 2012 at 11:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyahl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
More
Hi all!

I'm having some problems with Wifi on my DS.
I have installed a wifi fix zip which I shouldn't have (unfortunately I didn't read the whole post...) Here's the post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1051674

After installing I have stucked at the HTC logo, after a few retries and backups it has succesfully booted. But now I couldn't see my wifi at home but it still works at other places (like at work). I tried to add the home network manually by typing the SSID and password but nothing...

Any suggestions? Can i uninstall the zip or overwrite it somehow? As it works at other places I think it has just screwed up some settings.

Thank you in advance...

(BTW I have Reaper v3.0)
20th May 2012, 10:47 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
You should just reflash the reaper ROM.. Will sort you out.. I can understand why you would want that fix... The desire s wifi chip is crap... I've got a 100mb connection when wired in to my pc... If I walk 20 yards away into the kitchen my wifi loses the hub... HTC should put better wifi chips on their phones

Sent from my Reaper 3.0 Desire S using xda premium
Last edited by HarryPotent; 20th May 2012 at 11:27 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread