XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Looking for an HTC Trophy

OP swbf2lord

20th May 2012, 09:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 41

1,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not sure if this is allowed, not trying to advertise or anything though, I just don't think that many Trophy users go to the MP. If it's not allowed, then just delete.

I've been looking for an HTC Trophy for some time. I have a MP thread where I have stated such: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1661366. If anyone wants to trade for a Droid RAZR, or I do have a 32GB Zune HD with limited edition Halo 3 box, please PM me.

(Like I said, just trying to inform Trophy owners, because I doubt most check the MP. If not allowed, please delete.)
21st May 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hanover, PA
Thanks Meter: 34

346 posts
More
Once I receive the trophy and play around with it, see how well the signal is in my area, and my overall opinions on it, I may take you up on that. I'm using an Incredible 2 right now and have 0 service at my house when I had full service with my bionic. If the trophy lacks signal strength then I'm gonna have to ditch it.
22nd May 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Corry PA
Thanks Meter: 113

479 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lockett, have you tried to update your PRL with *228 option 2 (You can do this with all of your Verizon phones)? Also, go to Settings=>Cellular [Verizon] and set the roaming mode to CMDA only (otherwise it will attempt to find a GSM tower). Having it in Global mode is great for 911 service, but that's about it in the US.

The Incredible 2 is also a World Phone like the Verizon Trophy, so you can try the same thing. I think in Android, you go to settings, cellular and there should be a roaming option to change to CMDA only somewhere. Try that first because I get the funny feeling both the Trophy and Incredible 2 will have the same problem unless you do. I have crappy reception at my house, and if I leave my World Phones like my Touch Pro2 or my VZW Trophy in Global Mode, it will always try to pickup a GSM tower that is closer.

Just an idea, might be worth a shot.

Not to hijack the thread or anything swbf2lord, some people have done trades in this sub-forum, so its worth a shot to draw attention to both threads.
Last edited by TheXev; 22nd May 2012 at 03:38 PM.
23rd May 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #4  
Flag Hanover, PA
Thanks Meter: 34

346 posts
More
Thanks for the tip. You can also dial on the dialer *#*#4636#*#* to access testing mode, go to phone settings, and select cdma only. That's what I usually do when using world phones. I don't know if this is just an android trick or if it'll work on WP7 too.
29th May 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

249 posts
I have a brand NEW HTC Trophy, never been turned on, still has all the protective plastics on it for sale for 125$. Retail is over 400, and 179 right now with a 2 year contract.

Wife is a verizon employee, and won this phone last week running a company sponsored 5k. We both have Galaxy Nexus phones, so obviously this phone is a down grade for us. Could be looking for an MP3 player, but not a microsoft one, sorry :/
30th May 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag Corry PA
Thanks Meter: 113

479 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try to send him a private message. Read my private message.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread