XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XDAndroid] Gingerbread for Whitestone/Imagio Release 1 09/05/2012

Tip us?

m4f1050
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAJ View Post
Well, it let's you play some games. Sometimes the games can be software rendered but that's quite slow. The GPU lets you accelerate that (like your video card) and allows you to play other games that do require it.

It's quite old though, the GPU. Don't expect to play the latest games, but hey it's something!

Angry Birds does run. It's super slow though We did some benchmarks against the Rhodium guys and we're pulling in just about the same FPS, so if they can play it chances are we can too.
Don't we need GPU for the camera to work? I don't remember if we did or not.

CptAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey_Go View Post
Hi.
I have Imagio and I run Android, and when I have call, screen does not light up. I tried to change the "auto brightness" but to no avail. Maybe someone has found a way, this fixed a bug?

And how to edit the file "init.gingerbread.rc"? I can not find an editor or a file manager in Android.

Thanks.
You should pull the file using ADB, like I mentioned. Edit it on your PC and then push it back into your phone.

The screen failing to light up is a known bug. We haven't found fix for it yet. You can answer your calls by "blindly" sliding the unlock to answer the call
The Following User Says Thank You to CptAJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Andrey_Go
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You should pull the file using ADB, like I mentioned. Edit it on your PC and then push it back into your phone.

The screen failing to light up is a known bug. We haven't found fix for it yet. You can answer your calls by "blindly" sliding the unlock to answer the call
Yes, I know that I can answer blindly. But sometimes I just can not turn on the screen that would make a call.

CptAJ
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
This happens sometimes. Just keep trying and give it some time between key presses. Suspend it, wake it, suspend it, wake it. It works most of the time.

The wakeup issue is a nasty bug we've been struggling with long before release. Right now it's usable so I'm focusing development on other usability features like the keys and g-sensor.
The Following User Says Thank You to CptAJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m4f1050
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:

In RE: to editing file, you can install ES File Explorer from Play Store (aka Market) then launch it. Navigate to the file, press and hold the file and select "open as / text" (if prompted you have more than 1 text editor, pick ES Note Editor, if not prompted and you don't land in the editor you probably have defaults set to another program, go to "settings / applications" pick the app that is set as default, then clear defaults)

Andrey_Go
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks all.
I use ADB and putty.
Now GPRS is working and Android Market is working.
But the problem with screen still stay (

Survivalism
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I cannot seem to get this to work, i have an imagio i have unlocked the SPL on, a brand new 8 gb microSD card formatted multiple times. I take all the individual files from the WD1 folder and put them in the root folder of the sd card, i copy the files through my computers SD card slot.

I have tried running harret on the mr1 stock rom, mr2 stock rom, and energy rom.

Upon running harret i see the loading linux bar and it usually freezes while this bar is on the screen, sometimes the bar will disappear and then it will freeze.

If you need anymore information let me know, my iphone was stolen and i really really could use droid functionality out of the Imagio.

untitled_one
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Did you format the SD card with Windows or with the HP formatting tool?

Survivalism
Old
(Last edited by Survivalism; 21st May 2012 at 10:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Had been using windows downloaded the HP one and did a quick format, stuck on loading screen. Half way done with a long reformat to test.

Device is currently:

hardspl unlocked
stock mr1 rom
cdma only radio
no other applications installed

How i do it each time: remove microsd from phone and put in computer, format the card, place the files in the root directory, eject from computer

phone on
place microsd card in, explore to it via file explorer and then run haret.exe

Freezes after everytime. Hope this long reformat does the trick!

Still cant get it to go for some reason..

untitled_one
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The windows format was my problem. Maybe there's something wring with the SD card?

I would try these steps:

Using another SD card
Hard reset WinMo
Redownload the android package
Copy files to SD while it is installed in the phone via USB

If none of these work, I'm sure someone else has some other ideas.