Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you want the method of exiting changed?
Leave it as is... exiting automatically 2 50.00%
Return to GUI... exit manually 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

[IMEI] IMEI Generator

OP DizzyDen

25th April 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #461  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 563

1,301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahad2000

Getting the generic error with 2.0b

It doesn't work for updating a rom from a seed. (Settings used are attached).
*Also does not work using adb over wifi.
*Grabbing Phiremod now in case this error is specific to the Mirage KANG.
*Phiremod pulling serial using adb over wifi also fails

Use_serial_number is set to 1, not True.

****Randomly hitting buttons, I think I may have found the problem: "Use Previous Fix", if this is clicked it will return the generic error and it is clicked by default.
****Unclicking "Use Previous Fix" works for both adb over wifi and typing in the seed.

OK... thanks for you delving deeper... I will look into why Use Previous Fix is failing... I am assuming you don't have the imei.fix file in the folder... will have to make it not think generic if that's the case...

Should have 2.1 up sometime this evening with that fixed... but the include custom patches will probably wait for 2.2 now

If you do have an imei.fix file... could check one more thing I'd appreciate it.... what does your imei.fix file have for the IMEI on line 8?
Last edited by DizzyDen; 25th April 2012 at 02:12 PM.
25th April 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #462  
Thanks Meter: 86

541 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyDen

If you do have an imei.fix file... could check one more thing I'd appreciate it.... what does your imei.fix file have for the IMEI on line 8?

No problem, thank you for your continued work on this project.

I don't have an imei.fix file and don't know how to generate one.

Thoughts:
I'm not sure what a lot of the buttons are for. I feel like I'm a fairly competent andro-phile but I don't know whether to use a 15 digit, 17 digit, encrypt, etc. I also wasn't sure what the build.prop edit button did until I read the IMEI.ini. It might make more sense to just have the device info and lcd buttons without another "master switch."

Also, I've noticed with this last install that the build.prop edits require more changes than they used to. I think google has noticed modders altering the build.prop and now check more locations for compatibility. I'll have to test compatibility with this app's patch tonight when I flash the rom but when I manually made the standard changes a few days ago the market was still blocking a lot of apps.
Last edited by gallahad2000; 25th April 2012 at 05:35 PM.
26th April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #463  
OP Senior Member

1,301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallahad2000

No problem, thank you for your continued work on this project.

I don't have an imei.fix file and don't know how to generate one.

Thoughts:
I'm not sure what a lot of the buttons are for. I feel like I'm a fairly competent andro-phile but I don't know whether to use a 15 digit, 17 digit, encrypt, etc. I also wasn't sure what the build.prop edit button did until I read the IMEI.ini. It might make more sense to just have the device info and lcd buttons without another "master switch."

Also, I've noticed with this last install that the build.prop edits require more changes than they used to. I think google has noticed modders altering the build.prop and now check more locations for compatibility. I'll have to test compatibility with this app's patch tonight when I flash the rom but when I manually made the standard changes a few days ago the market was still blocking a lot of apps.

I understand where you're coming from... perhaps a little insight to my thinking will help... and rememer... I earned the Dizzy part of the nic

Use 15 or Use 17... does not matter at this point... I intend to include the calculation routine to be able to use 15 digit IMEI... the option has always been there in the ini... but is ignored as of now... it always generates 17 digit IMEI's... so either radio works the same (for now).

The encrypt IMEI check is for the conspiracy theorists who do not want 15 digits of their Serial Number or MAC address being used in its "raw" form... the program will use an internal encryption to the information to create its own unique number from the information.

The "master switch" for build.prop edits... I thought about this one a LOT... it is a quick easy way to disable build.prop edits (only one button to uncheck to disable)... may change my mind on this if enough want me to do away with it.

The new use of the devices.dat file should aid in the additional build.prop edits needed. I include ro.build.fingerprint now as well.

When I started working hot and heavy on the GUI I create a thread for input for device information and asked for input to the GUI itself... When I didn't receive opnions, I just went forward from what I had in the ini file and what device information I had available.

BTW... if you have your previous ini file... the program will read the settings in it and use them...

All of the options should also have a mouse-over pop up explaining the setting as well...

Also... the Hybrid is non-functional at this point... another down the road intent... it will work the same as the program did with both Serial Number and MAC address set to 1 in the ini file and will base the IMEI off of the Serial Number.
Last edited by DizzyDen; 26th April 2012 at 02:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #464  
Thanks Meter: 0

46 posts
Quick Question, will choosing the Kindle Fire Option in the build.prop edits allow me to install Kindle Fire Edition apps in the Amazon App Store?
21st May 2012, 01:31 AM   |  #465  
OP Senior Member

1,301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku91

Quick Question, will choosing the Kindle Fire Option in the build.prop edits allow me to install Kindle Fire Edition apps in the Amazon App Store?

I don't know... you could give them a shot... don't know if they will work on our hardware or not... onlyl put that in because some people using Kindle Fire use the IMEI Generator.
31st May 2012, 12:23 PM   |  #466  

13 posts
I have a newbee question When i'm trying to generate a new imei i have a result like this 00-5684-5214-698 etc.
Can i eliminate the - from the imei?
31st May 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #467  
OP Senior Member

1,301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesponauta

I have a newbee question When i'm trying to generate a new imei i have a result like this 00-5684-5214-698 etc.
Can i eliminate the - from the imei?

While there are no signs of strict enforcement of the standards when it comes to use of IMEI's, I have chosen to have the program adhere to those standards.
31st May 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #468  

13 posts
so now, i can't recover my imei to the original??
31st May 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #469  
OP Senior Member

1,301 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesponauta

so now, i can't recover my imei to the original??

The Nook Color never had an original IMEI... that's why this program was created....

You can flash a non-IMEI generated flash.
17th June 2012, 07:54 PM   |  #470  

16 posts
Guys,

I'm sorry to be a n00b here but I'm having a slightly hard time understanding how exactly to use this application.

I have a Nook Color (1.4.2) and I've used Verygreen's CM7 on SD Card method to run CM7 on my NC. Everything's running great -- no problems. However, I simply want to make the NC appear as a "Samsung Galaxy Tab" to the market, and I believe I can do that using this app, I just don't know how.

Can anyone guide me?

Thanks!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
imei, imei generator
Previous Thread Next Thread