Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Got my Xperia Ion today!

OP Cocytean

20th May 2012, 09:31 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 14

106 posts
Man will this cellphone come with at&t brand? When sony anounced it they say it was exclusive for this carrier, i say because i want it but i dont want all the at&t integration y rather buy this than xperia s to finally trade my lovely arc s
21st May 2012, 01:33 AM   |  #22  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 48

376 posts
More
Thumbs up
I love the design!!!
21st May 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,343

3,345 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can't wait to get mine. Really dig the Xperia s and Xperia ion.
21st May 2012, 10:01 AM   |  #24  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

42 posts
Unhappy
Well, it's not all sweetness and light after all.

Phone has crashed several times now. It freezes, followed by the message 'crash detected!!!! Ram dumping!!!', and it then performs a complete system dump, which takes a few minutes. Very irritating. This could be down to a few things...

1) I have a defective phone
2) I've installed an app on it called 'weixin' which is kind of like a free messaging software. I had to local install the app as Google Play says it's not compatible with my phone. It could be causing a conflict somewhere (this is total guesswork, I have no idea)
3) The current firmware for the Ion is buggy, and I am on a pre-release firmware
4) God hates me

I've just wiped the phone and am going to run it for a bit with no apps installed, just my Google account synced to it. See what happens. I wish the phone was already out so that I could flash another firmware to it! Guess being an early adopter really does suck after all....
21st May 2012, 10:45 AM   |  #25  
Flag Hong Kong

157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocytean

Well, it's not all sweetness and light after all.

Phone has crashed several times now. It freezes, followed by the message 'crash detected!!!! Ram dumping!!!', and it then performs a complete system dump, which takes a few minutes. Very irritating. This could be down to a few things...

1) I have a defective phone
2) I've installed an app on it called 'weixin' which is kind of like a free messaging software. I had to local install the app as Google Play says it's not compatible with my phone. It could be causing a conflict somewhere (this is total guesswork, I have no idea)
3) The current firmware for the Ion is buggy, and I am on a pre-release firmware
4) God hates me

I've just wiped the phone and am going to run it for a bit with no apps installed, just my Google account synced to it. See what happens. I wish the phone was already out so that I could flash another firmware to it! Guess being an early adopter really does suck after all....

So when did this problem occur? After you have installed weixin?
21st May 2012, 11:07 AM   |  #26  
OP Member

42 posts
It did, but as I installed Weixin immediately upon receiving the phone, that doesn't help! lol

It's been running for about an hour or so on this fresh wipe, no crash yet, so I'll keep an eye on it. I'm sure a firmware change will sort it out, I strongly doubt whether it's a hardware issue, the phone would be more glitchy if it was I think. Probably just some bit of code somewhere butting heads with another.
21st May 2012, 03:16 PM   |  #27  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Zichem
Thanks Meter: 15,715

6,369 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't know how to do that....

- Enable USB debugging on your device
- download adb package
- Open command window in the folder where you put the adb files
- type: "adb pull system"
- now adb will pull the system folder from your phone to your pc
21st May 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #28  
OP Member

42 posts
Tried that, have everything downloaded, the device just can't be found, so I can't pull the system
21st May 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #29  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 0

38 posts
More
Quote:

Tried that, have everything downloaded, the device just can't be found, so I can't pull the system

Maybe the phone it's defective, and it's not about the FW.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
21st May 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #30  
OP Member

42 posts
Sure, it's possible, but I just unlocked it via fastboot which seemed to be fine. I could just be stupid, you see, this is my first go round with Xperia devices after coming from the much easier to hack HTC ones.

No crash since I wiped the phone which is nice. Now that it's unlocked, it's probably a really bad idea to try using the DoomKernels for the Xperia S, right?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread