Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got my Xperia Ion today!

Tip us?

daniel090588
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Man will this cellphone come with at&t brand? When sony anounced it they say it was exclusive for this carrier, i say because i want it but i dont want all the at&t integration y rather buy this than xperia s to finally trade my lovely arc s

sevoflurane
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I love the design!!!

XPERIA Z2

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1306

DONATE TO ME
Can't wait to get mine. Really dig the Xperia s and Xperia ion.

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

Cocytean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Well, it's not all sweetness and light after all.

Phone has crashed several times now. It freezes, followed by the message 'crash detected!!!! Ram dumping!!!', and it then performs a complete system dump, which takes a few minutes. Very irritating. This could be down to a few things...

1) I have a defective phone
2) I've installed an app on it called 'weixin' which is kind of like a free messaging software. I had to local install the app as Google Play says it's not compatible with my phone. It could be causing a conflict somewhere (this is total guesswork, I have no idea)
3) The current firmware for the Ion is buggy, and I am on a pre-release firmware
4) God hates me

I've just wiped the phone and am going to run it for a bit with no apps installed, just my Google account synced to it. See what happens. I wish the phone was already out so that I could flash another firmware to it! Guess being an early adopter really does suck after all....

o>c
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocytean View Post
Well, it's not all sweetness and light after all.

Phone has crashed several times now. It freezes, followed by the message 'crash detected!!!! Ram dumping!!!', and it then performs a complete system dump, which takes a few minutes. Very irritating. This could be down to a few things...

1) I have a defective phone
2) I've installed an app on it called 'weixin' which is kind of like a free messaging software. I had to local install the app as Google Play says it's not compatible with my phone. It could be causing a conflict somewhere (this is total guesswork, I have no idea)
3) The current firmware for the Ion is buggy, and I am on a pre-release firmware
4) God hates me

I've just wiped the phone and am going to run it for a bit with no apps installed, just my Google account synced to it. See what happens. I wish the phone was already out so that I could flash another firmware to it! Guess being an early adopter really does suck after all....
So when did this problem occur? After you have installed weixin?

Cocytean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
It did, but as I installed Weixin immediately upon receiving the phone, that doesn't help! lol

It's been running for about an hour or so on this fresh wipe, no crash yet, so I'll keep an eye on it. I'm sure a firmware change will sort it out, I strongly doubt whether it's a hardware issue, the phone would be more glitchy if it was I think. Probably just some bit of code somewhere butting heads with another.

krabappel2548
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 13362

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't know how to do that....
- Enable USB debugging on your device
- download adb package
- Open command window in the folder where you put the adb files
- type: "adb pull system"
- now adb will pull the system folder from your phone to your pc
I'm back with development, but not superactive yet.

Consider donating to me if you like my work. this would help me buy future devices.

Devices I have:
- Xperia Z1

Current devices I develop for:
- Xperia Z1
- Xperia Z Ultra

What I did and do:
- Member of Team AC!D, developer of Xperia Z Revolution Rom, Xperia ZL Revolution rom, Xperia S Revolution rom, Xperia Carbon rom's with tweaked kernel, and more!

Cocytean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Tried that, have everything downloaded, the device just can't be found, so I can't pull the system

celsior360
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Tried that, have everything downloaded, the device just can't be found, so I can't pull the system
Maybe the phone it's defective, and it's not about the FW.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Cocytean
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Sure, it's possible, but I just unlocked it via fastboot which seemed to be fine. I could just be stupid, you see, this is my first go round with Xperia devices after coming from the much easier to hack HTC ones.

No crash since I wiped the phone which is nice. Now that it's unlocked, it's probably a really bad idea to try using the DoomKernels for the Xperia S, right?