Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which kernel are you using?
ILWT CM7 427 68.76%
Stock CM7 113 18.20%
Pershoot 38 6.12%
Tiamat 43 6.92%
Voters: 621. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][Jul 26] ILWT CM7 879 || ILWT CM7 Kernel v1.8.1 || ILWT OC Daemon v1.4.0

Tip us?

rezapatel
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan1628 View Post
Can anyone verify if supercharger v6 actually makes this ROM perform better with the same stability?

I've been researching and haven't found any conclusive evidence that supercharger is actually better for this ROM... which just shows how good of a job @tsubus is doing for ILWT

Side note, 443 is running smoooth, battery life feels about the same... but benchmark score have gone up for me, that's for sure

"there is no spoon"
For some reason I have sweared on v6 and I am almost sure most of it is just placebo.

Although, it does make things smoother, generally on longer usages without restart and transitions feel more smoother.

The ILWT by itself is extremely well optimized by itself too and offers most of the optimizations out of the box. It also inherits some minfree optimizations by juwe on startup.

In summary, its not needed but it may add a tad bit to the performance.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

busbutt
Old
(Last edited by busbutt; 20th May 2012 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Since installing the ROM a day or two ago, I have been seeing pretty poor battery life. My phone seems to be eating through battery when it isn't even on. Two things stand out as weird - I am seeing "mobile standby" at the top of battery usage, and my phone appears to be in "wake lock" a lot of the time. Neither of these problems occurred on my previous ROM (Virtuous G-Lite). Anyone know what the problem might be? I flashed using 4Ext, and I formatted all partitions first (like a superwipe) and wiped EFS too. I chose mostly defaults on installation, including the ILWT kernel and OC daemon.

I've attached a couple of screenshots with my battery info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1337484990786.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1071973   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-1337484981349.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1071974  

Ditamae
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by busbutt View Post
Since installing the ROM a day or two ago, I have been seeing pretty poor battery life. My phone seems to be eating through battery when it isn't even on. Two things stand out as weird - I am seeing "mobile standby" at the top of battery usage, and my phone appears to be in "wake lock" a lot of the time. Neither of these problems occurred on my previous ROM (Virtuous G-Lite). Anyone know what the problem might be? I flashed using 4Ext, and I formatted all partitions first (like a superwipe) and wiped EFS too. I chose mostly defaults on installation, including the ILWT kernel and OC daemon.

I've attached a couple of screenshots with my battery info.
Have you wiped battery stats and cycled the battery (i.e. charge to full, wipe stats, discharge to at/around 10-20%, and recharge to full without interuption)? I've been using ILWT forever with outstanding battery life... definitely give it some days and reevaluate. You could also try using the app betterbatterystats to check on what's causing your wake-locks.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery Touch v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by Sonny Sekhon

HTC Vision | Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 with V6 Supercharger | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 custom themed
radio_26.13.04.19 with matching rils | eng hboot_0.84.2000
The Following User Says Thank You to Ditamae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

busbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditamae View Post
Have you wiped battery stats and cycled the battery (i.e. charge to full, wipe stats, discharge to at/around 10-20%, and recharge to full without interuption)? I've been using ILWT forever with outstanding battery life... definitely give it some days and reevaluate. You could also try using the app betterbatterystats to check on what's causing your wake-locks.
Thanks! I'll give this a shot.

chan1628
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by IharpI View Post
I tried supercharger V6 and it didnt made anything faster its only result was some launcher reloads i had since installation...

I am not instaling it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezapatel View Post
For some reason I have sweared on v6 and I am almost sure most of it is just placebo.

Although, it does make things smoother, generally on longer usages without restart and transitions feel more smoother.

The ILWT by itself is extremely well optimized by itself too and offers most of the optimizations out of the box. It also inherits some minfree optimizations by juwe on startup.

In summary, its not needed but it may add a tad bit to the performance.

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2
thanks for the info.... I'm convinced now it ain't worth the effort, so maybe I'll play with supercharger one day, but I'm pretty certain it isn't necessary for this ROM.....

"there is no spoon"

"there is no spoon"

busbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditamae View Post
Seems like it was the hotmail app creating partial wakelocks. I had it set to push sync for two hotmail accounts and it was eating my battery. Switched to sync on a schedule every hour and the problem seems to have gone away.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

zitback
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Transparent Statusbar

This is the rom i'm always returning to. It's stable, fast and the ILWT changes-mods are great.

My only changing desire is styling: is it possible to make the statusbar transparent? I've tried it with UOT kitchen, and through XDA threads(systemui and framework-res mods) but statusbar is always gone completely.

raydar670
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitback View Post
This is the rom i'm always returning to. It's stable, fast and the ILWT changes-mods are great.
Ditto. I tried andromadus and the cm9 beta but the new ics roms can't compare with the speed and stability of ilwt.

Current Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.2
Recovery: Clockworkmod
SD: Kingston 32GB

Retired Phone: T-Mobile G2 (HTC Vision)
Recovery: Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7
ROM: Virtuous G-Lite v2.0.1

Phone: T-Mobile G1 (HTC Dream)
Recovery: RA-dream-v1.7.0
ROM: BananaBread v2.5 D/S (CM 7.2)

Nokia 6101>Nokia 3220>Blackberry Pearl 8100>Blackberry Curve 8320>T-Mobile G1>T-Mobile G2>Galaxy S III

Dropbox Invite

Ditamae
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by busbutt View Post
Seems like it was the hotmail app creating partial wakelocks. I had it set to push sync for two hotmail accounts and it was eating my battery. Switched to sync on a schedule every hour and the problem seems to have gone away.

Happy ya got it sorted out.

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery Touch v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by Sonny Sekhon

HTC Vision | Andromadus Mimicry v1.5.0 with V6 Supercharger | 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 custom themed
radio_26.13.04.19 with matching rils | eng hboot_0.84.2000

terrormattie
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 69
Woooow, WTF!
Sorry for my outburst but I have never saw an rom installing procedure like this one. It is just awesome!

Thank you for this.

Tags
cm7, ilwt