[ROM][BETA][ICS]CyanogenMod 9 "Stable" BETA1[UPDATED 8/13]

OP dragonzkiller

21st May 2012, 01:38 PM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 60

186 posts
More
For me, I've only got 2 issues, camera and chrome (I installed over CM7). Chrome works well enough for me to use it to import my true bookmarks and move them along to other apps and widgets. But I have data, 3G, mms and zero crashes (I turned off display rotate right off the bat) since installing yesterday. I threw on Apex Launcher, and so far it's the smoothest my X2 has ever run.
21st May 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #292  
Flag 203
Thanks Meter: 1,570

2,653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega360

No, but it improves the battery sensors' reading of the actual charge of the battery. That way the system accurately represents the charge level of the battery, allowing it to be used fully.

Whenever you flash between ROM's, it is always a good idea to wipe the battery stats as stale data never works nice with new data (with some exceptions, but doing it anyway is a good habit to get into).

Thanks for clearing that up for him!
=================

No I don't have too many apps in the background on CM9. Somewhere in system settings I limited my background processes to I think 2. Not sure what "Default" was, so I said two should be enough. That and I didn't restore too many random apps on CM9. Mostly just the essentials, no games etc. Overall battery is nice. Was playing with my phone for a few hours last night until I fell asleep with it around roughly 70% battery life. Woke up hours later and it's at 50% still.

Sent from my stupid smartphone
21st May 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #293  
Thanks Meter: 165

973 posts
Donate to Me
More
Worked great until it non stopped force closed my phone even after several reboots. Phone working is a must! Lol!
Gonna have to wait for beta. Otherwise great job dzk ROM was sweet!

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
21st May 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #294  
Thanks Meter: 3

77 posts
More
ok, MMS with pictures is not working as well. When I hit download it just keeps saying downloading...
21st May 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #295  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
I've noticed that when I go into the power menu, the Sleep function is gone. Is it somewhere else now?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2
21st May 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #296  
OP Recognized Developer
Wichita
Thanks Meter: 1,363

264 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

I've noticed that when I go into the power menu, the Sleep function is gone. Is it somewhere else now?

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Sleep was a BLUR thing if I not mistaken.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
21st May 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #297  
Flag 203

2,653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzkiller

Sleep was a BLUR thing if I not mistaken.

Yeah lol sleep mode wasn't even on cm7 @ the other Guy not dzk he knows

21st May 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #298  
Flag Spencerport, NY
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
probably a noob question...but here goes...why is it that we have to reboot with the AC adapter connected in order to get into recovery?? I came from a Vibrant and that could be booted into recovery with the volume and power keys...

21st May 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #299  
Flag 203

2,653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twc14559

probably a noob question...but here goes...why is it that we have to reboot with the AC adapter connected in order to get into recovery?? I came from a Vibrant and that could be booted into recovery with the volume and power keys...

I'm assuming your bootloader on that device was unlocked?? Our bootloader is locked so we can't flash non official files from the stock recovery. We need to install a custom signed/patched bootstrap recovery. The reason you need a/c power is because it actually "hijacks" charge mode and needs to in order to start.

21st May 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #300  
Thanks Meter: 117

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UstesGreenridge

ok, MMS with pictures is not working as well. When I hit download it just keeps saying downloading...

That's a known issue since this was released. Its in the op.
On another note I feel lucky I've been running this the whole time and no random reboots or anything crazy.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread