Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which kernel would you guys prefer?
NEAK 27 25.71%
Siyah 79 75.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

[HYBRID] PARANOIDANDROID [1.6][2012]if you want, test 1.9.2!

Tip us?

jpworld9719
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It doesn't make my phone overheat, but it does takes a good amount of time to charge. Other then that this ROM is amazing!!

IconRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 742
Initial thoughts:

Wow, so much more real estate! Buttons are somewhat small but that is a non-issue for me. I love the option of running in tablet or phone mode (although this would be awesome to not have to reboot for, but perhaps not technically feasible).
This is one of the first ROMS that made me excited to see my phone look "new"!

However... battery life is terrible. I flashed this at around 8:30 with 90% battery, and with moderate use it is now down to 20% running stock Kernel. CPU spy shows normal deep sleep patterns, I'll charge up and run better battery stats and see if that shows anything out of the ordinary. Planning to try N.E.A.K. kernel and see if that helps at all (been my kernel of choice lately) but can't see how a kernel could make that much difference.

Installed Apex launcher and Swype in tablet mode without issue, everything seems to be running great. Looking forward to your 1.0 update with (hopefully) better battery life and that new per app phone/tablet gizmo.

Keep up the awesome work!

jpworld9719
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Use powermax. It will increase your battery life extremely.

IconRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 742
I am very suspicious of high battery temps being the power drain culprit. Switching to NEAK had no observable effect, battery temp is hovering at around 40C, CPU temp feels much hotter (Elixir shows no CPU temp sensor?). I'm not sure what is going on with this ROM, whether it is the DPI changes or something else, but I don't want to risk damaging my phone with extended use. Going to try a few more things to see if I can find the battery/temp culprit before flashing back to AOKP.

For now I would advise watching your battery temps closely, it shouldn't get over 45-50C. Any higher and you risk permanent damage and high drain.

Again, thanks to OP for his work (and to all the others who built/contributed), I love this but don't want to burn out my phone

paintermanscott
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Well, don't know what exactly I did but temperature problems solved (for me anyway). I did 3 things: 1) turned down CPU to 1000mhz (didn't see temp go down) 2) set governor to conservative (still no turn out with temp problem) 3) installed 2nd core app and set single core only and saw my temp go from 105.1 to 95 in 15 minutes!!!! Hope this helps someone else but it worked for me! Btw I'm running stock paranoidroid 0.6 with a 2nd rom installed.

jthrasher47
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghstudent View Post
Can someone please extract the YouTube apk from this and upload so I can have it on my aokp I would but I am dead tired...prom was last night and I hosted breakfast..

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Dude, just downloaded solid file explorer open paranoid android up, and click it then go to system/apps/ youtube. Apk do with it as you wish after that, 2 mins tops :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
Sent from my SGH - I747

jpworld9719
Old
Thanks Meter 3
What second core app did you use?

bkeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 469
what the hell is the secret to getting this to actually charge? I have yet to get it over 44% and I shut it down and pulled battery and booted right back up and I was at 28%?????

im at the moment trying charging while its shutdown...
HTC ONE M8 - gone...Gone...GONE!
HTC ONE M7 - Bootloder Unlocked / SIM Unlocked / S-OFF / SuperCID / Rooted FOR SALE
Nexus 5 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG G3 Has arrived!!! <-- Current Daily Driver
LG G2 D800 running CloudyPro2 + Dorimanx 6.2 Kernel

Please Hit the THANKS Button if I have helped..

ronii1123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
what the hell is the secret to getting this to actually charge? I have yet to get it over 44% and I shut it down and pulled battery and booted right back up and I was at 28%?????

im at the moment trying charging while its shutdown...
That's happened to me before with other roms, try full wiping then reflash.

meleii
Old
Thanks Meter 181
So after much trying I've found a kernel that does not keep processor running at 1200 all of the time. It also resolves most of the heat issues. Only thing I noticed is it keeps processor at 500 when charging.

Try using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1664688

This is just my experience

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium