SwiftKey 3 Beta Free Download!

Search This thread

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
Has anyone else noticed the keyboard lagging to launch in messaging or for some other app? Like I'll hit the reply windows and it'll take a second or two to pull up the keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Aeltar

Jun 16, 2011
Has anyone else noticed the keyboard lagging to launch in messaging or for some other app? Like I'll hit the reply windows and it'll take a second or two to pull up the keyboard.

High RAM usage and slow start time have been an issue since SwiftKey X. I wonder if they'll fix it any time soon.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
I like it so far but I don't like how it inserts spaces after I choose a word and how there isn't a long press question mark key.

Both of these issues bug me.

As far as general ease of typing, kudos to the SwiftKey team. I tried out SwiftKey X, but it was far too laggy for me. The only keyboards I have found that can keep up with me accurately are A.I.Type, Better Keyboard 8, and Perfect Keyboard. This keyboard is MUCH faster than its predecessor; in fact, if a few of the features were different, I would consider switching to it.

EternalPal

Apr 9, 2012
Both of these issues bug me.

As far as general ease of typing, kudos to the SwiftKey team. I tried out SwiftKey X, but it was far too laggy for me. The only keyboards I have found that can keep up with me accurately are A.I.Type, Better Keyboard 8, and Perfect Keyboard. This keyboard is MUCH faster than its predecessor; in fact, if a few of the features were different, I would consider switching to it.

Which one of the three would you say can keep with you the best? I tried Perfect Keyboard and it felt somewhat clunky to me.

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
Which one of the three would you say can keep with you the best? I tried Perfect Keyboard and it felt somewhat clunky to me.

They're all about the same as far as speed/accuracy. I just like the features and arrangement of Perfect Keyboard a little better than the others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

abraxo

Oct 9, 2011
The Autocorrect and. com buttons are great but the Autocorrect does like to take control a bit to often for my liking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
The Autocorrect and. com buttons are great but the Autocorrect does like to take control a bit to often for my liking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Yea absolutely. The .com and @mail buttons are very welcome and auto correct is fairly accurate but very aggressive. Like it took quite a bit of work just to allow it to write .com because it thinks in adding a punctuation. It had kept me off of Swype since the release which is saying a lot. But work is needed. Obviously has bugs. Every once in a while it will pop up the intro screen describing its features as I try to reply a message. But in my eyes they're minor issues. I am getting used to the addition of a space after selecting a word which is speeding up my messaging.

adam8281

Feb 6, 2012
I switched back to ICS keyboard because of the better voice integration. Using the voice key in Swiftkey 3 results in it showing me a menu of several "guesses" it has to what I said, and then I have to tap the correct transcription. However, using the ICS keyboard, the text just fills into the entry box as I speak, which I much prefer.

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
I've never had much luck with voice texting. It never seems very accurate for me personally

adam8281

Feb 6, 2012
The voice texting for me seems much better on ice cream sandwich than it was on gingerbread

rrolov

Jul 20, 2008
No to Swype, yes to SwiftKey

Swyper no Swyping!

The link's dead.

Last edited:

projekt1

Aug 3, 2007
NorCal
Tried to donwload but link provided gives "Error (404)"

Edit: Found the official page here for both phone and tablet donwloads.

Last edited:

AntwanL

Dec 17, 2007
Monmouth, OR
As of may mine quit working. Said I had to buy it but I've already purchased swiftkey x on amazon and none show the updated 3.x version. Play store and amazon have the same 2.x version.

KevinChaos

May 13, 2011
As of may mine quit working. Said I had to buy it but I've already purchased swiftkey x on amazon and none show the updated 3.x version. Play store and amazon have the same 2.x version.

You need to update. Version 3.0.0.190 expires June 12th. Once it's close to expiring there should be a new update. It won't do it automatically because it's a beta. You just have to download it manually.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Just go over to their forums they have the newest version and you can always get updates there.
vip.swiftkey.net.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everybody, TouchType Ltd. have decided to release their latest beta for the ever popular SwiftKey today for free :D

Seeing as the demand for the beta is hammering their servers, I decided to upload the .apk to my dropbox for everybody to enjoy. Just download and install like you would with any other app ;)

Here's the file: http://db.tt/GHjXdQi7

FYI, this is a FREE, OPEN beta and therefore this is a FREE APP. I understand the rules of xda, and I do not condone or promote pirating in any way!
    It seems to me the new smart space feature in the Swiftkey is a little too agressive. I sometimes end up getting spaces where I didn't want them.

^^^^this - tried renaming a file and it decided for me that I was trying for a sentence - I need to see if it can be toned down.
    Someone please tell me how this differs from Swype?
    Positives?
    Negatives?

Swyper - NO SWYPING! :D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA
    I like it so far but I don't like how it inserts spaces after I choose a word and how there isn't a long press question mark key.

I was confused about the question mark too, but today I realized that if you swipe the period key to the left, it automatically uses the other available punctuation depending on how far you swipe. Pretty cool :)
    It took some getting used to, but u love this feature now.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium HD app