[ROM] CM9 for the ChaCha!

Search This thread

dftba

Sep 11, 2011
I can't see a thread for this on xda yet, but the developer adlx has been working on a CM9 port for the ChaCha, he has an alpha ROM up here on a Spanish forum.

ydj5i.jpg

I'm gonna flash this check it out when I can :)

gabriel_dream

Funciona / Does works

• Calls
• Data (3g/2g)
• Wifi
• GPS (takes quite some time to get a fix though)
• Keypad mapping is working for default European layout.

No funciona / Doesn't work

• Proximity sensor while calling
• Front Cam
• Back Cam
• Non default European keyboard layout are not yet supported (you can contribute)
• Difficulty to type the PIN, so disable SIM's PIN code

Good enough for me. Downloading right now ...

dftba

Sep 11, 2011
You should of waited until adlx posted him self. :)

I wasn't sure how long it had been around, I know the post I linked to was from today but I'm not sure which release it is.

I'm sure he'll start his own thread when he checks in anyway, I just wanted to let people know it was out there :)

Alex C.

Aug 17, 2011
Dang! I had the known issues list ready for publishing. Oh well, we should wait for adlx though :)

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

No funciona / Doesn't work
• Difficulty to type the PIN, so disable SIM's PIN code

Don't really know what this means as I've been using the ROM for about a week or so; could provide support if needed.

qzfive

Aug 8, 2010
Don't really know what this means as I've been using the ROM for about a week or so; could provide support if needed.

Does your cell connection completely cut out for a few seconds when you turn the screen off? I tried it earlier, and mine cut off for a few seconds every time I turned the screen off :(

munishjoshi

Jan 10, 2011
jalandhar
I had also seen this rom on that forum but I think we should wait from the post of the developer..

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda premium

munishjoshi

Jan 10, 2011
jalandhar
BRO,
When u r going to release as per ur signature
HTC ChaCha - HTC Sense 3.5 ROM project for HTC ChaCha - I will release soon (Android 2.3.6)

empy16

Mar 21, 2009
Hmm, that didn't work either, and I tried a combination of radios and HBOOTs too :(

But what -seems- to work for me, is swapping out libhtc_ril.so from the latest CM7 build and putting it into the ICS .zip before flashing - knock on wood

Same here. No signal after the screen's been off for a few minutes. I wonder, maybe that's just the indicator..

Top Liked Posts