Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Partial Fix] [Q] Galaxy R not getting detected on PC nor charging via a charger.

OP 1337SereniTyx3

21st May 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #31  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Backup /efs before you do any restoration..... My imei was messed up due to repeated flashing of nandroid backup through cwm
21st May 2012, 12:57 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 135

299 posts
More
Going to delete the System apps along with Superuser.apk
Will that unroot the cell?
Last edited by 1337SereniTyx3; 21st May 2012 at 01:24 PM.
21st May 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #33  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinzeon

Backup /efs before you do any restoration..... My imei was messed up due to repeated flashing of nandroid backup through cwm

Thanks for the information. Made a backup.
21st May 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

299 posts
More
Finally! Successfully unrooted the cell and restored the CWM backup of stock Indian ROM that I had. And it actually worked.
I even checked if its still rooted with both the "root checker" available of Market. It confirmed that its unrooted!

Hell ****ing yeah! Now I can at least give my cell to repair. Have to make something up to make them believe it happened while connected to Kies though. But not an issue.

Thanks to everyone for their help. And specially to m.kochan10 for the unrooting procedure and other stuff.
21st May 2012, 06:18 PM   |  #35  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,142

1,920 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337SereniTyx3

Finally! Successfully unrooted the cell and restored the CWM backup of stock Indian ROM that I had. And it actually worked.
I even checked if its still rooted with both the "root checker" available of Market. It confirmed that its unrooted!

Hell ****ing yeah! Now I can at least give my cell to repair. Have to make something up to make them believe it happened while connected to Kies though. But not an issue.

Thanks to everyone for their help. And specially to m.kochan10 for the unrooting procedure and other stuff.

:thumbup:

Now do one simple thing if possible make a step by step procedure of what you did and put it up in the first post, so that if some other user is having the same problem they may find it to be helpful.

Kindly keep us updated on your chat with Chainfire regarding Mobile Odin.
21st May 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #36  
Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 2,407

2,721 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337SereniTyx3

can you please explain the steps you have followed so it will be helpful for other if they have these kind of issues..
21st May 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cooleagle'

:thumbup:

Now do one simple thing if possible make a step by step procedure of what you did and put it up in the first post, so that if some other user is having the same problem they may find it to be helpful.

Kindly keep us updated on your chat with Chainfire regarding Mobile Odin.

Will do it once I go home.

I've sent him the dump file but he needs .PIT file for our device which I've not yet been able to find. If you can, please send me that file so that I can forward it to him.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2
21st May 2012, 07:14 PM   |  #38  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj.vikram

can you please explain the steps you have followed so it will be helpful for other if they have these kind of issues..

Will do it once I go home.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1337SereniTyx3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2012, 07:22 PM   |  #39  
Flag XDA 24 X 7
Thanks Meter: 683

1,540 posts
More
As u have recovered using cwm, there must be cwm recovery in ur system, so ur phone is still not on pure stock it still have custom recovery image. So that if ssc guys will find out u have cwm they will decline to give warranty service.
(well i just guessed this l, correct me if i m wrong)

21st May 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pune

299 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlm13x

As u have recovered using cwm, there must be cwm recovery in ur system, so ur phone is still not on pure stock it still have custom recovery image. So that if ssc guys will find out u have cwm they will decline to give warranty service.
(well i just guessed this l, correct me if i m wrong)

Thanks for pointing this out. Silly of me not to think about it.

I have no idea about that though. I know the warranty gets void if the cell is rooted and they find it out. But have no idea about them detecting the CWM.

Can anyone else update me on this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charging, computer, detection, galaxy r, usb
Previous Thread Next Thread