Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,502 Members 42,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][2012/08/29] Multiboot v0.8

Tip us?

ziki
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptikjp View Post
Hi,

Just wondering if you are planning to implement the time out or a default boot option for automatic startup?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, a timeout with a configurable default boot is a must also for me.
Hope it will be implemented.

MarcinRN
Old
Thanks Meter 246
m11kkaa can you confirm wheter is multiboot compatible with GB kernels or not?
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcinRN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolgame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
The only problem I am facing is that the multiboot roms return to stock after every reboot .is anyone else facing this problem?

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

joydeep1985
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcinRN View Post
m11kkaa can you confirm wheter is multiboot compatible with GB kernels or not?
yes GB is compatiable with Multiboot provided you have both GB kernel in Nand + sdcard (virtual rom )

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgame View Post
The only problem I am facing is that the multiboot roms return to stock after every reboot .is anyone else facing this problem?

Set 2nd-system as default boot . It should take you to the multiboot list menu
The Following User Says Thank You to joydeep1985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolgame
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joydeep1985 View Post

Set 2nd-system as default boot . It should take you to the multiboot list menu
I have set 2nd system as default only. Yet every time I boot I cm 7 or Ms2ginger it takes me to the welcome screen. I am using multiboot manager app

MarcinRN
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
yes GB is compatiable with Multiboot provided you have both GB kernel in Nand + sdcard (virtual rom )
Can you tell me then why am I unable to get it working? I'm on Quarx's latest Defy+ CM7.2 nigtly, installed multiboot 0.5.5 via stable recovery, created VFS with Multiboot Manager and when I boot to recovery (CM9 VFS) I get errors:
E:Can't mount /cache/ Can't open /cache etc.
Tried with both CM9 and DHT-22 kernel - same errors. Few other members reported the same issue. Can someone look into it?

joydeep1985
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgame View Post
I have set 2nd system as default only. Yet every time I boot I cm 7 or Ms2ginger it takes me to the welcome screen. I am using multiboot manager app

I think you are missing something . Please go through the tutorial in my signature and post if such problems occur again . find the attachments as well .

Quote:
Can you tell me then why am I unable to get it working? I'm on Quarx's latest Defy+ CM7.2 nigtly, installed multiboot 0.5.5 via stable recovery, created VFS with Multiboot Manager and when I boot to recovery (CM9 VFS) I get errors:
E:Can't mount /cache/ Can't open /cache etc.
Tried with both CM9 and DHT-22 kernel - same errors. Few other members reported the same issue. Can someone look into it?
I guess your VFS is corrupted . Please use the fsimages Dont create VFS via multiboot manager and check it again if its causing you the trouble .And also the kernel in VFS should be a GB kernel rom ( since you are using Defy+ build) you should use the kernel-gb-234-451-134-signed.zip , Its GB kernel for CM9 . So you should flash that kernel into virtual rom before you start using CM9 from VFS. If there still are any problem .Follow the tutorial in my link . I think that should clear any problem for you .
Motorola Defy Red Lens
ParanoidAndroid 1.5 Defy+(Self Port)

How To Multiboot v0.5.5

All In One Defy Guide

The Following User Says Thank You to joydeep1985 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MarcinRN
Old
Thanks Meter 246
Quote:
I guess your VFS is corrupted . Please use the fsimages Dont create VFS via multiboot manager and check it again if its causing you the trouble .And also the kernel in VFS should be a GB kernel rom ( since you are using Defy+ build) you should use the kernel-gb-234-451-134-signed.zip , Its GB kernel for CM9 . So you should flash that kernel into virtual rom before you start using CM9 from VFS. If there still are any problem .Follow the tutorial in my link . I think that should clear any problem for you .
No matter which fsimages I use the same error is printed. About this kernel, my phone is Defy with Bayer module and I'm on Defy+ CM7.2 nightly by Quarx (+DHT-22 kernel) are you sure I need to use kernel you mentioned?

joydeep1985
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
No matter which fsimages I use the same error is printed. About this kernel, my phone is Defy with Bayer module and I'm on Defy+ CM7.2 nightly by Quarx (+DHT-22 kernel) are you sure I need to use kernel you mentioned?
well I mentioned that kernel should be for CM9 . albeit not CM7 defy+ ... I m still not sure abt ur setup .. if you are having a problem pm me stating you setup for Nand and virtual system . and how did you proceed .
Motorola Defy Red Lens
ParanoidAndroid 1.5 Defy+(Self Port)

How To Multiboot v0.5.5

All In One Defy Guide

DRu!D
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I think you are missing something . Please go through the tutorial in my signature and post if such problems occur again . find the attachments as well .

I am experiencing the same error..
"E:Can't mount /cache/ Can't open /cache etc."

I'm on Green lens froyo.. CM9 (CM7 kernel)

So should i flash the froyo 222 kernel frm http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/ ?? N try again??

Hope it doesnt mess the stable CM9..

The Following User Says Thank You to DRu!D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
multiboot defy