Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 43,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Vote if you got 100% SuperCharged! Does it work as advertised?
Definitely! Nothing beats it... PERIOD! 1,031 41.62%
Very good! Quite happy with the results! 925 37.34%
Snake Oil! It Does NOTHING! 311 12.56%
Makes things worse! 210 8.48%
Voters: 2477. You may not vote on this poll

[V6U9RC13]For Your Lag(4x) Do it good, Good, GOOD, GOOD! SuperCharge Your Launchaaah!

Tip us?

namurt
Old
Thanks Meter 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelinrox View Post
Well on non ICS, and with a die-hard launcher, the ONLY process that will have an ADJ of 1 would be the launcher. So it's easy to find without even needing to know a process name.

It's kinda tricky when dealing with ICS (since there is no way to getprop ADJ priorities) or when dealing with bulletproof and HTK launchers - since more than one process would have ADJs of 0 and 2.

And if you use a 3rd party launcher, it's usually hidden inside android.process.acore.

Yeah... lots of fun to figure out
i use go launcher ex, and yeah, it's hidden inside android.process.acore. i checked via the same method as piecekeeper.

so everything is in order and the bottom line is: i should stop worring about the nitty gritty and just enjoy how fast my phone is flying.

btw, sup piecekeeper? i'm bukowski over at rootzwiki. howdy!

zeppelinrox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21162

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr View Post
I'm using Go Launcher and that's where mine resides. If it were HTK instead of Diehard that would make sense.
Yeah It's perplexing becaue it's die-hard.
I doubt that it's always getting killed, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by namurt View Post
i use go launcher ex, and yeah, it's hidden inside android.process.acore. i checked via the same method as piecekeeper.

so everything is in order and the bottom line is: i should stop worring about the nitty gritty and just enjoy how fast my phone is flying.

Yeah, chill.
Oh, and I'm zeppelinrox at rootzwiki... not that I post there much

PieceKeepr
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by namurt View Post
Hey there! I figured that was you because I couldn't imagine two people using that avatar. I mean it looks cool, but what are the chances?

Sent from my ThunderSheded Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
HTC One M8 running ViperOneM8 by Team Venom

Verizon Tab 2 10.1 (rooted but no custom ROM )
Verizon Tab 2 7.0
(wifey's)

NicOsol
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Which option did you use so it dosent take up a lot if battery?
Thanks!

Sendt fra min HTC Incredible S med Tapatalk2
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________
Device: LG G2 D802 aka European version
Android Version: 4.2.2
Rom: Stock rom for now

DarthCivicus
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
wraithdu's Wizardry WOWs Again!!

Okay here is a really fresh compile of the su binary!! ( superuser)

NO MORE SEGMENTATION FAULTS ON ICS!!

Update 2: Attached new binary by wraithdu for ALL devices! (have a backup anyway! )

Update: I made up an installation script with an even fresher su binary v3.1 (yes, the superuser.apk won't even go that high yet lol)

wraithdu grabbed the source from here https://github.com/ChainsDD/su-binary/tree/gc-ics

Obviously I tested it and it works great on ICS.

Installation Warning! If you mess up you will probably lose root! Have a nandroid backup! (But if you can follow instructions, you can restore your su binary with permissions still intact via ADB if I'm not mistaken)

Edit:So you can test to see if it would work BEFORE doing the procedure below.

================================================== =================================

Installation:

Manual Instructions:

1. Backup! Copy current su binary to /system - It's in either /system/xbin or /system/bin. And if you copy the current su to sd card, permissions are LOST on that binary so DO NOT COPY SU TO THE SD CARD!
2. Download the attached zip file
3. Extract it.
4. Copy the su binary to /data
5. In terminal, do (press enter after each line):
Code:
su
chown 0.0 /data/su
chmod 06755 /data/su
cp -fr /data/su /system/xbin/su
If su is in /system/bin, copy to /system/bin instead of /system/xbin on the last line.

OR Use The Installation Script by me...

1. Download the attached zip file
2. Extract it to the root of your sdcard
Method 1 - Just run the script inside/sdcard/su_ics_v3.1 with Script Manager as root.
Method 2 - Run terminal and type su and enter
............... - Type sh /sdcard/su*/su*.sh and enter
3. That's It!

The script will search for and back up any su binary before installing the new one automagically

================================================== =================================

Test if it works: After installing wraithdu's su binary, open terminal and type su, enter, pm list packages, enter.
If you get no segmentation fault...

echo " SOUP'S ON BABY!"
echo " CLICK THANKS!"
echo "lulz"
exit 0

This doesn't work for me... keeps asking me to install the new busybox or Super user.
Samsung Galaxy S 3
- OSE ROM 4.4 w/ GAPPS 4.4
"America- Kicking Ass and taking names since 1776! Haters gonna Hate!!! " - Tosh.O

dearde4n
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Well it isn't running... nothing with ADJ 1.
Try checking with Auto Memory Manager (deny superuser permission) and see if it shows up.
Also check the OOM groupings to confirm the bOOM Stick is right and check what's inside android.process.acore
here's mine

Sent From My Formula GT-5830

Sheradrax
Old
Thanks Meter 46
So does the 3g turbo pay well with cdma phones yet?

SevR.Obey

metalspring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheradrax View Post
So does the 3g turbo pay well with cdma phones yet?

SevR.Obey
It's not as big a boost as it is for gsm phones but, yes it does help cdma phones data speeds some
The Following User Says Thank You to metalspring For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

timezone34
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hello!

My phone is Galaxy Y, and I've been using this for a week now. However, I still can't notice any changes from my phone. My RAM is still 170+, and my configuration is from other SGY users who said it was good. Aside from the fact that when I use recover memory, the RAM usage becomes 112, which is good, but goes back to 145+ until it reaches 180+ again in seconds. Is there any problem with my configuration?
It still also lags minimally. Though, I did notice that I can multi-task better.

P.S.
I had AKMO before, and uninstalled it before using this tweak.

metalspring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4335

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezone34 View Post
Hello!

My phone is Galaxy Y, and I've been using this for a week now. However, I still can't notice any changes from my phone. My RAM is still 170+, and my configuration is from other SGY users who said it was good. Aside from the fact that when I use recover memory, the RAM usage becomes 112, which is good, but goes back to 145+ until it reaches 180+ again in seconds. Is there any problem with my configuration?
It still also lags minimally. Though, I did notice that I can multi-task better.

P.S.
I had AKMO before, and uninstalled it before using this tweak.
I assume you mean used ram?
More ram used isn't really that bad, it's actually good to a point, it means more apps are cached in ram to allow them to launch quicker and more efficiently (less battery usage), it's only when you start getting lag from not having enough ram free to launch new apps that it becomes a problem
Since you say it really doesn't lag much and multitasks better then it's working how it's supposed to

Tags
android.process.acore, awoooooooooooooooogaaa, booga booga booga, boomstick, hard to kill, hellz yeah, hi mom, ky for android, lag, launcher, mbq was here, omfg, out for justice, ram, redraw, supercharger, turbocharger, under seige, v6 supercharger, wooooow, zeppelinrox is a god, zepplinrox, zepplinrox thanks meter exploded, zoom zoom