Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CWM][FC09] SleeperROM - Sport tuned Stock - No-Wipe - MTD/BML(RFS/EXT4) 10/15

Tip us?

TexasAggie97
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict View Post
Have done it the freeze way (currently that way) and have also done it Kenny's way (actually...did that for TPR 2.0) but I would defer to Kenny's way as probably the most effective, but if you do have problems, freezing it works.
I think that is what I am going to do and what I did last time. I believe I also need to go to the market on my browser and fix my phone info like last time. Full wipe sucks! Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

vwags
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Tried Sleeper and my phone froze, had a couple random reboots, didn't like to switch between apps. I did a full wipe install and even reflashed the rom. I had these type of problems with the last Sleeper but I don't think it is a rom problem as much as my phone doesn't like tweaks. I was running TPR just fine but with any tweaks I had issues. I would really like to take this out for a run. Any thoughts?

Naddict
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 13601
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwags View Post
Tried Sleeper and my phone froze, had a couple random reboots, didn't like to switch between apps. I did a full wipe install and even reflashed the rom. I had these type of problems with the last Sleeper but I don't think it is a rom problem as much as my phone doesn't like tweaks. I was running TPR just fine but with any tweaks I had issues. I would really like to take this out for a run. Any thoughts?
patience, wait to see if these gremlins get fixed...then give it a rip. Just my 2 cents.
Every time you don't use search, a kitten, bunny, baby turtle, and fuzzy Harp Seal are killed.

Read the Rules! -- Search Before You Post! -- Learn about XDA -- Need A Moderators Help? -- Get the Most out of XDA! -- Curious about GPL?

vwags
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naddict View Post
patience, wait to see if these gremlins get fixed...then give it a rip. Just my 2 cents.
That was my plan. I only posted to let those looking into it know that there may be gremlins... but again it may be my phone not playing nice with tweaks.

tygern8r
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default AOSP Lockscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Can I just uninstall it or will it cause the ROM to crash and force close programs?

Also, anyone having problems updating their Ad Removal app included with this ROM?

Ad Free seems to be working just fine, had to go to Play and manually update it though.

I added Zeam launcher ('cause it's awesome) but the only thing I'm missing is the AOSP Lockscreen. After some cursory searching through the forum, it appears to be ROM dependent - is this correct?

I found this HowTo, but it's over a year old and for EB13. I'm going to keep searching, but would appreciate any pointers in the right direction.

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25424

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwags View Post
That was my plan. I only posted to let those looking into it know that there may be gremlins... but again it may be my phone not playing nice with tweaks.
Try what The People did on 2.0, go into your init.d folder, delete all the scripts and reboot. This way you will know whether it is the scripts or the ROM.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here

tygern8r
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamterence View Post
I think maybe I got a bad flash or something, but for some reason everytime I tried to set a ringtone and/or raise the volumes levels within the Settings menu, it would always lock up and get extremely sluggish. I'll try a another flash first to see if this fixes the problem.
Mine seems to be doing the same thing. Doesn't seem to have a pattern either. Whether it's the sounds that came with the ROM or my own, sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 before it freezes, sometimes 20. I did a clean flash, so let me know if re-flashing this fixed it for you.

TexasAggie97
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygern8r View Post
Mine seems to be doing the same thing. Doesn't seem to have a pattern either. Whether it's the sounds that came with the ROM or my own, sometimes I can listen to 3 or 4 before it freezes, sometimes 20. I did a clean flash, so let me know if re-flashing this fixed it for you.
I noticed this too when selecting specific sounds for my incoming text messages or email notification.

I love the SleeperROM in general, but flashing this version has been terrible for me! I tried flashing it without wipe, then with full wipe and still have major force close or freeze issues. I'm had to remove the battery more times today than I have in the past 6 months!

Can I flash the old EL30 SleeperROM over this one and go backwards one version??? My nandroid backup did not work.

Please advise!

DuzIt4You
Old
(Last edited by DuzIt4You; 23rd May 2012 at 02:48 AM.) Reason: Added (what I hope is) useful information.
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Can I just uninstall it or will it cause the ROM to crash and force close programs?

Also, anyone having problems updating their Ad Removal app included with this ROM?

I'm not a huge fan of the AdFree app... kind of clunky UI, and I didn't see an easy way to black/white list. I've been running Ad Away (Link) which has a pretty easy UI, and will automatically update based on 3 or 4 different hosts file sources. HTH

And if you're doing the 3 finger salute & it doesn't appear to be loading into recovery (e.g. it loads the Kernel splash screen), don't give up. I noticed that if I let the screen run for a few moments, that it eventually boots into recovery. It did take me a couple tries, so if it gets to the animated Samsung image, it missed booting into recovery, but the initial splash still loaded before it went into recovery for me. YRMV.
The Following User Says Thank You to DuzIt4You For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

futureprospect
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Where is the link for 3.01?

Where is the link for the gps fix?

Just wondering.

Thanks
Samsung Epic 4G on SRF1.1

Tags
fc09, sleeperrom