Thanks for this thread, I didn't realize until today the danger that awaited me. I flashed a leaked 4.0.3 and because of instability wanted to flash back. Last night before realizing the potential troubles by this I attempted to wipe and install from rom manager and CWM (specifically I tried Caulkins format all from Android recovery, and to install Venom rom from Rom manager after and selecting full wipe). They failed, however I haven't noticed any unusual problems beyond that (neither got very far, after probably a second or two gave me the little android guy with a red exclamation, rebooted fine and works as it has). I wanted to Odin back to stock rooted as suggested in this thread, but am now a bit worried that my attempted wipe last night may spell doom if I try to OC now. Is there a specific way to test and see if I can write to /data before flashing?
I'm wondering if I should hold off for a bit and see if perhaps I should wait a bit and see if perhaps devs come up with some sort of fix for this, or if I should try to flash OC and avoid any other potential pitfalls that may arise. Also, when you say do not wipe, does that mean I should use the NODATA flash or can I use the other one? Apologies if this should be posted in QA, I thought it pertinent to the threads topic.