5,598,718 Members 38,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Post problems with your BRAVO here!

Tip us?

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2650
Even after flashing the sbf? The worst I ever had to do was flash sbf and wipe data 3 times in a row to fix the phone.

Post with basic Linux\sbf_flash tutorial Only requirements are a blank cd and a usb stick.

I've uploaded sbf_flash as an attachment, just remove the .txt extension before using it.

Also try flashing the fixed sbf (on Quarx2k.ru or My Rom Mirror in my signature) since it only flashes the bootloader\kernel\locked files that roms don't change.

Once you get it working, only use Defy-2ndInit to install recovery, then install Touch Recovery afterwords. Defy-2ndInit is a requirement of Touch Recovery. Touch WILL NOT WORK unless Defy-2ndInit is installed first.

Link to 2ndInit Thread's First Post Download and use the very last Attachment, version 2.3.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sbf_flash.txt - [Click for QR Code] (52.4 KB, 48 views)
If I managed to help you, click Thanks.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
If you need my help, add an @skeevydude to your post or quote me. I'll see it.
Thank You & Have a Nice Day.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
Atrix HD Off Topic Thread
"Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people." -- Mr. Garrison

stereoactivo
Old
(Last edited by stereoactivo; 21st May 2012 at 11:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420 View Post
Even after flashing the sbf? The worst I ever had to do was flash sbf and wipe data 3 times in a row to fix the phone.

Post with basic Linux\sbf_flash tutorial Only requirements are a blank cd and a usb stick.

I've uploaded sbf_flash as an attachment, just remove the .txt extension before using it.

Also try flashing the fixed sbf (on Quarx2k.ru or My Rom Mirror in my signature) since it only flashes the bootloader\kernel\locked files that roms don't change.

Once you get it working, only use Defy-2ndInit to install recovery, then install Touch Recovery afterwords. Defy-2ndInit is a requirement of Touch Recovery. Touch WILL NOT WORK unless Defy-2ndInit is installed first.

Link to 2ndInit Thread's First Post Download and use the very last Attachment, version 2.3.
Hi, the phone isn't charging... Any idea?
If I connect to charger, a battery with a "?"inside, shows and I can't do nothing, after that, phones shut down.

I can't enter to recovery because it stays in recovery for a small time and after that, the phone shows the battery icon
Device History:
Nokia 6225 [stolen] - Nokia 6225 - Nokia 1108 - Nokia 3500 Classic - Samsung Galaxy Spica [CM6] - Motorola Droid 2 Global [CM7]

Current Devices:
Motorola Droid 3 [Stock]
Motorola Razr [Stock]
Asus EEE Pad Slider - [Android Revolution HD]
iPad 2 - [iCyanogenMod 5.1]

skeevydude
Old
(Last edited by skeevydude; 22nd May 2012 at 02:35 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoactivo View Post
Hi, the phone isn't charging... Any idea?
If I connect to charger, a battery with a "?"inside, shows and I can't do nothing, after that, phones shut down.

I can't enter to recovery because it stays in recovery for a small time and after that, the phone shows the battery icon
Its either a dead battery or a bad battery. Sounds like bad battery from my last 10 minutes of research in the subject.

FOR DEAD BATTERY

Once your battery gets too low and your system isn't installed properly the battery WON'T charge at all. The only options are spending $40 on an OEM Motorola Factory USB Cable or making a Macgyver Battery Cable.

Once either are hooked up you'll be able to flash the sbf and get back to normal. I did a similar hack back in December except I used some speaker wire and a charged battery from my old Razr V3. Worked good enough to flash the sbf.....

FOR BAD BATTERY

Buy a new one, or get it on 5 finger discount, ya know, for three fitty free. Seriously though, if you have access to another battery try it and see if you're able to flash\enter recovery with it.

If you do have a bad battery, the Macgyver cable will allow you to fully use the phone as long as the cable is hooked up. Crappy solution, but its good enough to get back to stock and send it in for warranty, which I doubt you have.
Please post help questions in your respected devices Q&A forum. That's we have them.
Help Me Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral -- I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stereoactivo
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420 View Post
Its either a dead battery or a bad battery. Sounds like bad battery from my last 10 minutes of research in the subject.

FOR DEAD BATTERY

Once your battery gets too low and your system isn't installed properly the battery WON'T charge at all. The only options are spending $40 on an OEM Motorola Factory USB Cable or making a Macgyver Battery Cable.

Once either are hooked up you'll be able to flash the sbf and get back to normal. I did a similar hack back in December except I used some speaker wire and a charged battery from my old Razr V3. Worked good enough to flash the sbf.....

FOR BAD BATTERY

Buy a new one, or get it on 5 finger discount, ya know, for three fitty free. Seriously though, if you have access to another battery try it and see if you're able to flash\enter recovery with it.

If you do have a bad battery, the Macgyver cable will allow you to fully use the phone as long as the cable is hooked up. Crappy solution, but its good enough to get back to stock and send it in for warranty, which I doubt you have.
Thanks again for your advice... I tried to connect the phone to my computer using a USB cable, but with this cable, the phone didn't turn on... So I bought a battery charger to charge the battery alone. I will have to ... wait for the battery. I Will post again when I have some updates...

The battery damage is related with all the things that I did to the phone? Or just coincidence?
Device History:
Nokia 6225 [stolen] - Nokia 6225 - Nokia 1108 - Nokia 3500 Classic - Samsung Galaxy Spica [CM6] - Motorola Droid 2 Global [CM7]

Current Devices:
Motorola Droid 3 [Stock]
Motorola Razr [Stock]
Asus EEE Pad Slider - [Android Revolution HD]
iPad 2 - [iCyanogenMod 5.1]

skeevydude
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereoactivo View Post
Thanks again for your advice... I tried to connect the phone to my computer using a USB cable, but with this cable, the phone didn't turn on... So I bought a battery charger to charge the battery alone. I will have to ... wait for the battery. I Will post again when I have some updates...

The battery damage is related with all the things that I did to the phone? Or just coincidence?
Probably just coincidence. I've accidentally flashed Defy bootloaders, soft-bricked with bad tweaks, 100's of sbf flashes (at least 100 by now), and have put my Bravo through hell and haven't had any battery issues except for the one time I let it drain (didn't realize it since I couldn't get it to boot) and tried to flash -- lesson strongly learned there. I had to Macgyver boot my phone with a damaged Razr V3 battery (the only cell phone battery I had that would take a charge).

At the time I lived about 12 miles from the nearest town, roads were iced over, and I woke up with 2 flat tires on the truck with only 1 spare. I needed a phone badly so I did what ever I could to get it to boot. That was the last time I went to bed w\o fixing my phone.

ccdsatt
Old
(Last edited by ccdsatt; 23rd May 2012 at 03:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else:
you plug your phone to the wall changer and when you press the power button periodically you notice that the percentage keeps going down; its been 3hours and its gone from 82% to 42% while im streaming from iHeartRadio
edit: nothings wrong, a reboot fixed it, just wondering if it happened to anyone else

avr-Illithian
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Wifi issues

Running a CM7 nightly build (the April 10th version) I am having serious issues with wifi. Neither of the wifi networks at my houses are working properly. Connection is being established successfully but following the initial connection, I have less than a minute of actual connection, and then it drops. The wifi icon stays lit, indicating I am still connected to the network, but I have no connectivity on any apps. If I'm in the middle of an update, for example, it just stops, and it won't resume.

I can reset this problem by turning wifi on and off, but the exact same problem arises within a minute. Interestingly, the wifi at a nearby starbucks seemed to be working fine - but both of the networks I am having issues with ran very well on stock android. I don't know what is causing this problem but it is rather troublesome. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

While I'm at it, when I update to the newest CM7 nightly build, do I need to do a complete wipe or can I simply install it on top of the current build? Thank you very much!

skeevydude
Old
(Last edited by skeevydude; 23rd May 2012 at 05:25 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by avr-Illithian View Post
Running a CM7 nightly build (the April 10th version) I am having serious issues with wifi. Neither of the wifi networks at my houses are working properly. Connection is being established successfully but following the initial connection, I have less than a minute of actual connection, and then it drops. The wifi icon stays lit, indicating I am still connected to the network, but I have no connectivity on any apps. If I'm in the middle of an update, for example, it just stops, and it won't resume.

I can reset this problem by turning wifi on and off, but the exact same problem arises within a minute. Interestingly, the wifi at a nearby starbucks seemed to be working fine - but both of the networks I am having issues with ran very well on stock android. I don't know what is causing this problem but it is rather troublesome. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

While I'm at it, when I update to the newest CM7 nightly build, do I need to do a complete wipe or can I simply install it on top of the current build? Thank you very much!
I'd just update. I didn't have any problems with wifi on the 05\06 build of CM7.

Unless you really need flash and camera, the latest CM9 runs great. The camera sometimes crashes randomly, a reboot fixes. I've used it as my primary rom up until last night actually and highly recommend it.

As far as wiping data and updating is concerned, I've always wiped data in-between rom installs, well, always since the second or third rom flash where I didn't and bad things occured. The problem is that newer system apps still have old data that can be incompatible with the updated system apps. You can try, but it'll probably be glitchy.

What you can do to back up your user apps (not the user data, passwords, etc) by using the following adb commands; Linux users change "C:\app\" to "~/app/" without the apostrophes "".
  1. adb pull /data/app/ C:\app\
  2. Then enable adb in the boot, before first boot.
  3. adb remount
  4. adb push C:\app\ /data/app/
  5. adb shell chmod -R 0644 /data/app/

You can also save the apps to your sdcard instead of your computer by changing "pull" to "cp" and "C:\app" to "/mnt/sdcard/app" for both commands. This is the method I do to back up apps in between flashes (to my pc). I lose configuration data, but that's also where the glitches come from.

You can also back up app data by pulling /data/data/, but its not recommend since you need to also delete all system app data from that pull -- system app data & dalvik cache & system cache are the main reasons you need to wipe data between flashes.

The biggest problem we face is that user installed apps and system installed apps share the same folder for storing data. Where it should be something like /data/data/user/ for user apps and /data/data/system/ for system apps, instead its all clusterf**ked into /data/data/. Hope this helps.

@ccdsatt -- not since I ran stock Froyo. Although I had a similar issue running wifi and streaming pandora, playing snes roms, using a ps3 contorller over bt, overclocked to 1200mhz, on an older Defy CM7 Epsy port, all at the same time. Battery still drained even though I was plugged into the charger. Found out that the Bravo doesn't like everything running that can be all at once, but it did run smooth...

bwscott
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know how to get defy settings to work on CM9 5/26?

Sent from my MB520 using xda premium

syllogyking
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwscott View Post
Does anyone know how to get defy settings to work on CM9 5/26?

Sent from my MB520 using xda premium
It doesn't work and gives fc. I mentioned this in the change log.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk 2

Tags
bravo, flash, issues, motorola, problems